FINAL COUNTDOWN FOR USA ELECTION 2008

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:22 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

My bit was from the ABC website:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=5747205&page=1
Near the end is "ABC News did not release details of when the interview would take place"

http://i33.tinypic.com/j7di8p.jpg
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

My bit was from the ABC website:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=5747205&page=1
Near the end is "ABC News did not release details of when the interview would take place"

http://i33.tinypic.com/j7di8p.jpg

Sigh. What is your point Walter?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:32 am
@Foxfyre,
I was just - with an emoticon - referring to what
you wrote:

Also this just in: ...

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:47 am
@Walter Hinteler,
It's an expression Walter. Just an expression related to a new news item that is used, usually jokingly, by the media. Nothing more.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:50 am
@Foxfyre,
Really? I didn't know that. Sorry. (I always thought that 'just in' related to news meant that it was new news.)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:50 am
In the positively delicious category, would you believe that Barack Obama and his surrogates who have taken every opportunity to use every single McCain gaffe and numerous out-of-context statements in an ad or otherwise to distort McCain's position are now complaining that some are using his gaffe when he recently referred to his faith as "my Muslim faith"?

And he is complaining that while McCain isn’t violating Obama’s rules about what is off limits, Fox News and bloggers et al are? As if he himself doesn’t ‘stay above the fray’ and stays silent while CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS et al and the bloggers slime McCain and Sarah Palin with impunity?

Hypocrisy, thy name is Obama. (I swear folks, they are beginning to self destruct. The messiah’s halo is looking more and more skewed, tarnished, and tipped lately.)

It is getting goooooooood. Smile

Link: http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/07/obama-verbal-slip-fuels-his-critics/

Obama's verbal slip fuels his critics
Christina Bellantoni
Sunday, September 7, 2008

ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Sen. Barack Obama's foes seized Sunday upon a brief slip of the tongue, when the Democratic presidential nominee was outlining his Christianity but accidentally said, "my Muslim faith."

The three words -- immediately corrected -- were during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," when he was trying to criticize the quiet smear campaign suggesting he is a Muslim.

But illustrating the difficulty of preventing false rumors about his faith from spreading, anti-Obama groups within one hour of the interview had sliced it out of context and were sending it around via email. They also were blogging about it.

Mr. Obama, who is a Christian and often proudly speaks about how his faith has influenced his public service, said he finds it "deeply offensive" that there are efforts "coming out of the Republican camp to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith."

The exchange came after Mr. Obama said that Republicans are attempting to scare voters by suggesting he is not Christian, which McCain campaign manager Rick Davis said was "cynical."

Asked about it on ABC, Mr. Obama said, "These guys love to throw a rock and hide their hand."

"The McCain campaign has never suggested you have Muslim connections," said Mr. Stephanopoulos, who repeatedly interrupted Mr. Obama during the interview.

"I don't think that when you look at what is being promulgated on Fox News, let's say, and Republican commentators who are closely allied to these folks," Mr Obama responded, and Mr. Stephanopoulos interrupted: "But John McCain said that's wrong."

Mr. Obama noted that when Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin "was forced" to talk about her pregnant 17-year-old daughter, he issued a forceful statement to reporters that the line of inquiry was "off limits." But he said the McCain campaign tried to tie him to "liberal blogs that support Obama" and are "attacking Governor Palin."

"Let's not play games," he said. "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith. And you're absolutely right that that has not come."

Mr. Stephanopoulos interrupted with, "Christian faith."

"My Christian faith," Mr. Obama said quickly. "Well, what I'm saying is that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim. And I think that his campaign's upper echelons have not, either. What I think is fair to say is that, coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not who I say I am when it comes to my faith -- something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time."

Asked to comment on the accidental misstatement illustrating the difficulty of the issue, Obama spokesman Bill Burton offered this comment: "I'm not surprised that the only outlet doing this story is The Washington Times."

You can view the full context of Mr. Obama's comments on ABC here:

old europe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:53 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
Barack Obama who has taken every opportunity to use every single McCain gaffe in an ad or otherwise to distort McCain's position

Sheesh. Exaggerate much?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:56 am
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:
Barack Obama who has taken every opportunity to use every single McCain gaffe in an ad or otherwise to distort McCain's position

Sheesh. Exaggerate much?

Only constantly.

In other news, today Palin said:

Quote:
Speaking before voters in Colorado Springs, the Republican vice presidential nominee claimed that lending giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had "gotten too big and too expensive to the taxpayers." The companies, as McClatchy reported, "aren't taxpayer funded but operate as private companies. The takeover may result in a taxpayer bailout during reorganization."

Whoops - turns out she didn't know a damn thing about Fannie and Freddie and how they work. Not even a gaffe really, just a sign of incompetence. A sign of more to come?

Cycloptichorn
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:57 am
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Sheesh. Exaggerate much?

Maybe a little, but not much. I pay close attention when these guys speak and what is being said in the blogs and attack e-mails and what they put in their ads. I don't think my perception is far off target.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 11:58 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Please provide links Cyclop. Thank you very much. My understanding is that McCain and Palin were here in Albuquerque this weekend and were headed to Kansas from here.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:00 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Please provide links Cyclop. Thank you very much.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/08/palin-makes-her-first-gaf_n_124792.html

Here ya go. And don't give me any bullshit about the site, Fox, talk about the subject - it's what you are always asking others to do, after all.

On edit, here's another one -

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/51940.html

Cycloptichorn
old europe

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:06 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

old europe wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Sheesh. Exaggerate much?

Maybe a little, but not much. I pay close attention when these guys speak and what is being said in the blogs and attack e-mails and what they put in their ads. I don't think my perception is far off target.

You were accusing Obama, though. Not bloggers or people who send around chain emails.

By that logic, we would have to conclude that McCain claims that Obama is a terrorist who wants to turn the United States into a theocracy.

On the other hand, if that's not what you're claiming, we can test your hypothesis by finding a McCain gaffe and having you come up with an Obama ad that used the gaffe against McCain.
FreeDuck

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:09 pm
@Foxfyre,
This is like the third post I'm reading about Obama "attacking". Can you just quote something so the rest of us know what you're talking about?
squinney

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:17 pm
While Fox is hunting for that, here's something to back McCains "Country First" stance:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain_Were_finally_winning_in_Iraq_0807.html

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:18 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

This is like the third post I'm reading about Obama "attacking". Can you just quote something so the rest of us know what you're talking about?

I think you'll figure it out if you read the posted article and follow the links.
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:21 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

Please provide links Cyclop. Thank you very much.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/08/palin-makes-her-first-gaf_n_124792.html

Here ya go. And don't give me any bullshit about the site, Fox, talk about the subject - it's what you are always asking others to do, after all.

On edit, here's another one -

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/51940.html

Cycloptichorn

I'll not give you any bullshit if you can find another source that collaborates it. As I said, I don't think Palin was even in Colorado this weekend, but I don't know that for certain.

If she did say it, yes, it would show some inexperience on that subject. She'll have four years as VP to bone up, however, if she and McCain are elected. Meanwhile I would put it in the same category as Obama stating that we need to pull Arabic interpretors out of Iraq and send them to Afghanistan where Arabic isn't spoken or his stating that the UN Security Council should deal with Russia's invasion of Georgia and having to be advised that Russia has veto power on the UN Security Council.

Obama is #1 on the Democrat ticket. Palin is #2.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:22 pm
@old europe,
Accusing Obama of what? Hypocrisy? You betcha. And maybe you can show any credible evidence that I'm wrong about that.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:24 pm
@Foxfyre,
There is a **** load of posted articles over the last few pages. Which one did you have in mind?
Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:24 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

While Fox is hunting for that, here's something to back McCains "Country First" stance:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/McCain_Were_finally_winning_in_Iraq_0807.html

Okay there's a lot of stuff in that piece Squinney. What particularly are you zeroing in on?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 12:25 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

There is a **** load of posted articles over the last few pages. Which one did you have in mind?

Start with the one you're complaining about.