Hanna, Ike and Josephine. Hurricanes of the Week

JPB

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:22 pm
here are the latest computer models for Hanna.

Izzie -- Charleston is mid-coast South Carolina and it appears they're going to get wet! Same for Raleigh and C'ville.

http://tribunewx.wunderground.com/data/images/at200808_model.gif
JPB

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:27 pm
@JPB,
Actually, it looks like it will be a pretty miserable weekend all along the eastern seaboard.
Izzie

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:30 pm
@JPB,
Oooooooooooh.... nasty...... have you been in touch with MaMaMrB today.....? How worried are they?
JPB

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:39 pm
@Izzie,
Not yet.

Hanna isn't expected to be stronger than a TS at landfall. There will still be LOTS of rain and wind, but not too much damage. This will be their first experience with tropical systems though. Better a small, fast-moving one than a major one (better for everyone, of course).
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 03:49 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

here are the latest computer models for Hanna.

Izzie -- Charleston is mid-coast South Carolina and it appears they're going to get wet! Same for Raleigh and C'ville.

http://tribunewx.wunderground.com/data/images/at200808_model.gif

The Lovely Miss Letty lives on the east coast of FL about half way up. She should be spared any trouble this time.
Look at the map JPB posted. The worst case scenario for some of us is the black line on the left. The dot where Hanna would come ashore would be close to Charleston SC. The next state up is NC and the black dot there is pretty close to Raleigh. The yellow dot in the next state, VA, is just east of Cville.
We all hope Hanna will get pushed east. We will still get a bunch of rain, but be spared the wind.
JPB

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 04:10 pm
@realjohnboy,
The black line would be pretty hostile to our friends in the Boston area as well.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 04:50 am
http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200808.gif
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 04:51 am
@edgarblythe,
http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200809.gif
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 04:52 am
@edgarblythe,
http://icons-pe.wunderground.com/data/images/at200810.gif
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 04:54 am
@edgarblythe,
Our local weather guy thinks Ike is headed to Florida.
JPB

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:00 am
@edgarblythe,
Ike looks to be a nasty one!
Izzie

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:01 am
@JPB,
How is everyone here... all k so far??

Has anyone heard from Snood????
mac11

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:04 am
@Izzie,
Snood hasn't posted since Tuesday morning. I'm sure things are still in an uproar there.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:35 am
My friend, who lives near Willmington, N.C. called me last night saying voluntary evacuation had been announced. They are preparing if it becomes mandatory. They are more concerned about the more powerful hurricane Ike and will definately evacuate it's path.

I hope Bear and Squinney are safe.

BBB
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:39 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I'm here in Charleston. We tend to be ready ever since Hugo and then the debacle with Floyd. I at work about 5 miles from Charleston Harbor. I think we're going to pack it in between 12 and 2 today just to give our employees time to get home, especially those who have to cross the bridges. I think we're expecting gusts up to 60mph. Should be interesting.
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:41 am
@JPB,
So, Mr. B's family is down here in Charleston with me. Yep, it is batten down the hatches time. lol
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:53 am
@mac11,
That's what I'm thinking too, mac. Lots of folks who went north into Baton Rouge and Lafayette from NOLA and parts south had a rough time of it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:53 am
@CoastalRat,
Stay safe, CR. Keep us posted as you're able.
CoastalRat

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:58 am
@JPB,
That I will JP. Thanks.

We've been getting a bit of wind this morning that seems to be picking up from what it was at 8am. The good news is that this thing should be a walk in the park compared to what Ike will bring to wherever he decides to go.

Will keep y'all posted.
Izzie

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 10:07 am
@CoastalRat,
Stay safe CR..... batten those hatches down!!!!! x