OK, I admit it. Sarah Palin is a great pick!

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:25 am
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

Sure. But he'd also make a great President.

No - Obama would make a terrible commander in chief.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:41 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIn_fFWPaUU
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:55 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Where you guys find the time?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:01 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Where you guys find the time?

No kidding!

Also, when it comes to the masses - most stick to the big 3 TV networks and they are 99.999% pro-Obama.
JTT

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:12 pm
If she's such a great pick, why are they going with Pawlenty.

Quote:
Ann Davidson - RNC Co-Chair

“We are holding a convention that will nominate a Republican woman governor, Sarah Pawlenty, as our next Vice-President.”
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:39 pm
@H2O MAN,
Well if you say so, waterboy, it must be true.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:57 pm
@FreeDuck,
FreeDuck wrote:

Well if you say so, waterboy, it must be true.

Mr. Green
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:02 pm
@H2O MAN,
http://theoath.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/pp185x_390911a.jpg
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:42 pm
@FreeDuck,
If you consider Obama's experience to be sufficient to be President, then why the beef with Palin?
ebrown p

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:48 pm
@McGentrix,
That's easy...

Obama has intelligence, expertise in constitutional law, real experience with international issues, a strong vision and the ability to express it in addition to his rhetorical and leadership skills.

In addition, Obama has earned his nomination with hard work . He campaigned diligently for executive office-- proving himself in a hard-fought campaign against a political force. This campaign included very public national debates on domestic and international issues. He convinced more than 18 million Americans, many of us educated and experienced ourselves, that he deserves the office.

I have no beef with Palin... but she is completely unqualified for the job. Comparing her with Obama's impressive skills and knowledge (which have already been attested to by millions of voters) is laughable.

It is funny that I haven't heard a single person talk about how experienced Palin is without mentioning the word Obama.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:53 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:

That's easy...

Obama has intelligence, expertise in constitutional law, real experience with international issues, a strong vision and the ability to express it in addition to his rhetorical and leadership skills.

In addition, Obama has campaigned diligently for executive office-- proving himself in a hard-fought campaign against a political force. This campaign included public national debates on domestic and international issues. He convinced more than 18 million Americans, many of us educated and experienced ourselves, that he deserves the office.

Nice words, but you don't offer any proof that they are nothing more than liberal talking points.

BTW, you forgot to mention Obama's superior skills when it comes to ready a teleprompter.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:55 pm
@ebrown p,
http://theoath.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/pp185x_390911a.jpg

Who says moma is pressuring Bristol's boyfriend to marry her? Laughing

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:56 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

If you consider Obama's experience to be sufficient to be President, then why the beef with Palin?

Round and round we go -- I thought you didn't want to compare Palin's experience to that of Obama. I'll repeat that I don't think her experience is equivalent to Obama's nor do I think she has thought about or shown an interest in national issues the way that Obama has.

But to answer your question, I personally don't have a beef with Palin. I have no intention of voting for the Republican ticket, of course, but if I were someone who valued lots of experience, and favored McCain for that reason, I would have a beef with him putting someone as inexperienced as Palin that close to the presidency. Especially considering his age. But I'm not the one who has been trumpeting experience over all else for the last three months.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:12 pm
@firefly,
Marry Bristol, or else...
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:07 pm
@firefly,
On second thought, maybe the gun was pointed at Bristol...

"Get married, or else..."

This is from the National Enquirer. Before dismissing the Enquirer as merely being tabloid trash, remember that they were the ones who got the recent true story on John Edwards extra-marital affair after the main stream news media missed it. They were the reason that Edwards went public with the truth.

Quote:

Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin attempted to quietly have her daughter Bristol get married before news of her pregnancy leaked out, the NATIONAL ENQUIRER is reporting exclusively in its new issue.

Palin planned for the wedding to take place right after the Republican National Convention and then she was going to announce the pregnancy.

But Bristol, 17, refused to go along with the plan and that sparked a mother-daughter showdown over the failed coverup.

The ultra-conservative governor’s announcement about her daughter’s pregnancy came hours after The ENQUIRER informed her representatives and family members of Levi Johnston, the father of Bristol’s child, that we were aware of the pregnancy and were going to break the news.

In a preemptive strike Palin released the news, creating political shockwaves.

The ENQUIRER has also learned that Palin’s family is embroiled in a vicious war that is now exposing her darkest secrets, threatening to destroy her political career.

Palin’s ongoing war with her ex brother-in-law Mike Wooten, a state trooper, has caused multiple sources to come forward with shocking allegations about the governor.

Details of those allegations, the family feud, and Palin’s attempt to cover up her teen daughter’s pregnancy are in the new issue of The ENQUIRER.

0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:21 pm
@DrewDad,
Well I don't read every one of those every day... the ones I have bookmarked (and its fair to say I read them every day) are Daily Dish (Sullivan), Swamp (Chi Trib), First Read, Talking Points Memo, Matt Yglesias, and Kevin Drum. And the site I work for.

And that's really why I'm reading all of those -- for my job (telecommuting) I need to a) be on top of things, b) chase down specific pieces of evidence (as in, what politician A thinks about issue B).

Yes, I have a great job. Smile It doesn't pay a lot but it pays me to do what I'd probably do anyway....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:24 pm
@H2O MAN,
They're not, actually. They're harder on Obama than McCain. Have posted this study several times, can track it down and post it again... not that it'll make a dent this time either...
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:50 am
@littlek,
littlek wrote:

I am pissed. I had a blood pressure raising pissy-fit in the car on the way home from work today. How DARE those conservatives tell me now that it is ok that Palin's daughter is pregnant. How dare they after all the righteous bullshit about their family values being better than mine. I am outraged.

never heard of "don't do as i do, do what i say"?

revel

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:33 am
@FreeDuck,
(Actually this is in reply to McGentrix last post.) Not that you consider my opinions worth two cents, but I am impressed with this reasoning from you.

If I didn’t like his ideas and the way Obama thinks then I wouldn't vote for him, I would have went with Hillary despite not liking some of her choices. On Palin I don't see anything but a straight conservative republican which of course me being a liberal democrat I am not impressed with.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:02 pm
@revel,
Ditto.

Joe(Palin is to Hil only by the happenstance of ovaries.)Nation
0 Replies