OK, I admit it. Sarah Palin is a great pick!

littlek

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:20 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
What's your point?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 06:27 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

They're not, actually. They're harder on Obama than McCain.

OK, maybe they think he is old, weak and fragile...
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:26 pm
Somewhere in this or one of the other bilious threads about Sarah Palin, e-brown, reciting a prominent Democratic talking point, instructed us that the fact that Palin's daughter is pregnant is fair game because it signifies hypocrisy.

My dog doesn't search for a bone as furiously as Libs search for what they believe to be examples of hypocrisy among conservatives.

Clearly, e-brown and any other of you Dem-thralls who believe you've found a "gotcha" on Palin, have no idea what "hypocrisy" means.

Unless you have evidence that Sarah Palin, while promoting abstinence in public, was either providing her daughter with condoms or encouraging her to have sex, this is not a case of hypocrisy.

Irony perhaps, but hypocrisy and irony are two entirely different concepts.

Here are true examples of hypocrisy:

Self-professed feminists criticizing Palin for slighting her family to pursue her career.

Women who have had abortions for all sorts of frivolous reasons criticizing Palin for not caring enough about her baby.

Liberals who worship at the feet of the idolized proletariat, but sneer at someone from a small town in Alaska.

One can only hope that the reaction of the Left, through their heralds in the Media, to Sarah Palin will wake up enough average Americans to the fraud being perpetrated by Democratic and Liberal Elite establishment.

dyslexia

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:28 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
repulikkkan
JTT

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:31 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Here are true examples of hypocrisy:

Self-professed feminists criticizing Palin for slighting her family to pursue her career.

Women who have had abortions for all sorts of frivolous reasons criticizing Palin for not caring enough about her baby.

Liberals who worship at the feet of the idolized proletariat, but sneer at someone from a small town in Alaska.

What I like best is the sourcing. Unbelievably thorough.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 07:32 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

repulikkkan

Racist.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:06 pm
I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but this seems like it belongs in this thread:

After Palin speech, Obama has record $10 million day

Quote:
(CNN) " Barack Obama's campaign for president has raised $10 million since Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin spoke Wednesday night, the campaign announced, calling it a "one-day record."

Palin, the governor of Alaska, launched harsh attacks on Obama, accusing him of being two-faced and a political lightweight with no significant legislative accomplishments.

"Coverage of the Palin attacks on the news this evening just pushed us over $10 million," Obama spokeswoman Jen Psaki said in an e-mail to reporters Wednesday night.

The Republican Party announced earlier in the day it had raised $1 million in the wake of Palin's speech.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/04/after-palin-speech-obama-has-record-10-million-day/
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:07 pm
Glib at best Dys and JTT.

Tell us if you agree with e-brown or me: hypocrisy?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:09 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
One of my rare moments of agreement with you, Finn: Irony.

Hypocrisy would be if she continues to push the position as the one that works.

Cycloptichorn
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:12 pm
@dyslexia,
Oh I just got it --- republiKKKan

Wow - that's damned clever Good Ole Dys.

Surprised
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:

Tell us if you agree with e-brown or me: hypocrisy?

I didn't address anything spoken by anyone but you, Finn. Do you think your sourcing was adequate?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:30 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Glad to see you have some appreciation of language Cyclo, but you remain deliberately ignorant.

She is "pushing" the position because she believes it is right.

But even if she "pushed" it because she thought it worked, she would be at worst wrong or ignnorant and not hypocritical.

For some reason, liberals find the sin of hypocrisy the vilest of all. Fair enough, but it's disingenuous, at best, to find hypocrisy in everything your political opponents say or do.

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:31 pm
@JTT,
Answer the question.
JTT

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 08:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Answer the question.

If you insist, Finn. Your sourcing was short of adequate.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:45 pm
38 million people watched Obama speak from a faux-Greek set.

37 million people watched Sarah Palin speak.

One is a candidate for president - the other is a candidate for vice-president.

This is remarkable - the Democratic candidate for president is vying for exposure with the Republican candidate for vice president.
eoe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
And why do you suppose so many people tuned in to listen to her speak?
DrewDad

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
How many tuned in to listen to McCain speak?
eoe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:52 pm
@DrewDad,
Won't know until tomorrow.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:05 pm
@eoe,
Must have been Obama supporters ----right?

Rolling Eyes
eoe

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:22 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Of course. But honestly, so many people"including many Obama supporters like myself" tuned in to find out just who the hell is she??? Of course, she irritated me with her psuedo tough girl talk and I didn't listen to her long but, long enough.
0 Replies