wandeljw

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:35 pm
One aspect about Palin that endears her to conservatives is definitely tied to her gender.

On the ABC Sunday morning roundtable George Will said: "Her experience of knowing the child she was going to give birth to had Downs Syndrome and bringing the child to term will do more to energize the base of the Republican Party than anything else."
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:37 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Not only good, but they are reveling in it. It promotes her to become VP of the US.
0 Replies

squinney

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:39 pm
@Lash,
Wrong again, Lash.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/04/MN1F12NKUV.DTL

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/asection/la-na-onthemedia3-2008sep03,0,1919168.story

http://blogs.venturacountystar.com/letters/archives/2008/09/no-kid-gloves-p.html

(Leslie Cornejo in the last link is a Ventura County Republican that asked for kid glove treatment of Palin.)
H2O MAN

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:40 pm
Obama chose to stick with the past by picking Biden as VP, a step backwards offering no change.

McCain chose to move forward with the progressive, fresh and energetic Palin, a move forward.

Democrats = Zero Change
Republicans = Real Change
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:41 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:
... I wondered why the sleeping infant was even there, in a crowded, noisy auditorium, rather than in a carrier in a more protected location backstage. To display the special needs child she chose not to abort?

ALL of her children were in attendance. Are you suggesting she should keep her special needs child out of view? Hidden? She is obviously proud of ALL of her strangely-named offspring (but who am I to judge names?).

Quote:
I also wondered who looks after the children, particularly the three youngest, when Palin is off being governor or out campaigning to be VP.

Apparently Palin should not be employed outside of the home, since she has children? Interesting concept. Is that what you believe "family values" entails? Keeping the woman in the home where she belongs?
squinney

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:44 pm
@Ticomaya,
All? I saw 2 daughters and 2 sons.

Where was the third daughter?
Ticomaya

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I see. Palin shouldn't be VP because her teenage daughter is preggos. Gotcha.
H2O MAN

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:49 pm
@squinney,
squinney wrote:

All? I saw 2 daughters and 2 sons.

Where was the third daughter?

Two teen daughters and one little one makes three.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:49 pm
@squinney,
Just outside of camera view? Maybe she had a prior engagement.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:51 pm
@Ticomaya,
I think it shows poor judgment on her part; her daughter now has a lot more to deal with then she did before, and I guarantee it isn't fun for her.

Cycloptichorn
Ticomaya

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:52 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Poor judgment on who's part? The candidate for VP, or the pregnant teenager?
gungasnake

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:54 pm
@Ticomaya,
demoKKKrats think middle class people ought to wait until they're about forty to start having children. Naturally that doesn't apply to the third world voting blocks which they try to import for themselves.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:55 pm
@Ticomaya,
Haha, all around!

Poor judgment on the daughter's part for getting knocked up - poor parenting skills on Palin's part - poor judgment on Palin's part for thrusting her daughter into the spotlight during a difficult time.

I mean, unless the Republicans are going to start arguing that teen sex and teen marriage are good things, it's just not a winning position.

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 12:57 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I think it shows poor judgment on her part; her daughter now has a lot
more to deal with then she did before, and I guarantee it isn't fun for her.

Your pettiness is comical.

Palin is a better VP candidate than Biden and you hate it.
H2O MAN

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
37 million Americans tuned in for Palin's speech!! Mr. Green
0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:13 pm
@Lash,
I definitely understand the state of equality for women. My wife is a professional woman with a Ph.D. I have two daughters.

But calling women a minority is both a stretch and an insult to women, IMO. Don't play the victim with me; I know exactly what it takes for a woman to succeed.
DrewDad

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:14 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

Hillary has been shrill on occasion. I haven't seen comments that she was shrill when I had actually seen the speech...and knew she wasn't. I DID happen to watch this speech by Palin intently. ...and can attest to the fact that the sexist modifier did not apply.

So it's OK to use the word shrill as long as Lash approves. Gotcha.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:16 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

SOCIAL REALITY....not math, Drew. Jeez...what a goofball. The US govt considers it so. You should call them if you want to change that.

That was Cyclo, not me.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:41 pm
http://elections.foxnews.com/files/2008/09/mccain_palin_rnc_090308.jpg
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Thu 4 Sep, 2008 01:48 pm
Best comment I've seen on the blogs today -

Quote:

"Mrs. Palin needs to be reminded that Jesus Christ was a community organizer and Pontius Pilate was a governor."

Cycloptichorn