Diest TKO

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:26 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Diest TKO wrote:

What's unclear is where he's going to get a ladder to get out of the hole he dug himself.

Obama is in a deep hole, but he has yet to realize it.

How is he in a deep hole? Defend your normal uninteresting one-liner.

Typical.
K
O
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
old europe

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:28 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Obama is in a deep hole, but he has yet to realize it.

http://www.pollster.com/08USPresGEMvO600.png
Cycloptichorn

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:44 am
McCain didn't always think Palin was a reformer.

Quote:

McCain had criticized earmarks from Palin
Three times in recent years, the Arizona senator's lists of 'objectionable' pork spending have included earmarks requested by his new running mate.
By Tom Hamburger, Richard Simon and Janet Hook, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers
September 3, 2008
WASILLA, ALASKA -- For much of his long career in Washington, John McCain has been throwing darts at the special spending system known as earmarking, through which powerful members of Congress can deliver federal cash for pet projects back home with little or no public scrutiny. He's even gone so far as to publish "pork lists" detailing these financial favors.

Three times in recent years, McCain's catalogs of "objectionable" spending have included earmarks for this small Alaska town, requested by its mayor at the time -- Sarah Palin.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-earmarks3-2008sep03,0,2482434.story

Cycloptichorn
H2O MAN

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:51 am
@old europe,
old europe wrote:

squiggly lines

It's nice to see Obama finally got the little bounce he was looking for.

He has peaked and has nothing to generate another bounce.

Obama is toast.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:52 am
What election are you watching?

T
K
O
Ramafuchs

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 12:00 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
McCain is unlikely to dump Sarah Palin from the ticket unless he’s forced to. Admitting a mistake in judgment? Not gonna happen. Unless, maybe, it turns out she shot an aging lawyer in the face … and probably not even then.

But hey, at least Palin’s an expert on Russia. Which reminds me " I can’t help wondering if Condi feels foolish about wasting so much time studying up on Russia, when all she really had to do was move to Alaska.

And now it’s time for two limericks:

It appears that McCain failed to vet
A woman he barely had met.
Then he named her for Veep
And now he’s hip deep
In her muck. Yet he feigns no regret.

John’s allies are praisin’ and hailin’
The selection of unprepared Palin.
But will buyers’ remorse
Attack them in force
If McCain ever seems to be ailin’?
http://www.madkane.com/madness/2008/09/02/bailin-on-palin/
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Cycloptichorn

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 01:55 pm
http://www.andrewhalcro.com/vetting_wooten_and_troopergate

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:25 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
One desperation after another for both McCain and Palin. They'll drown in their own lies and cover-ups.
H2O MAN

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 02:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
All of the desperation is with the democrats because they can't compete with or beat McCain and Palin.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:02 pm
From TPM -

Oy ... Live Mics Are Such Dangerous Things

Cycloptichorn

ps, for Soz -

Quote:
Chuck Todd: Mike Murphy, lots of free advice, we'll see if Steve Schmidt and the boys were watching. We'll find out on your blackberry. Tonight voters will get their chance to hear from Sarah Palin and she will get the chance to show voters she's the right woman for the job Up next, one man who's already convinced and he'll us why Gov. Jon Huntsman.

(cut away)

Peggy Noonan: Yeah.

Mike Murphy: You know, because I come out of the blue swing state governor world: Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush. I mean, these guys -- this is how you win a Texas race, just run it up. And it's not gonna work. And --

PN: It's over.

MM: Still McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech to do himself some good.

CT: I also think the Palin pick is insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too.

PN: Saw Kay this morning.

CT: Yeah, she's never looked comfortable about this --

MM: They're all bummed out.

CT: Yeah, I mean is she really the most qualified woman they could have turned to?

PN: The most qualified? No! I think they went for this -- excuse me-- political bullshit about narratives --

CT: Yeah they went to a narrative.

MM: I totally agree.

PN: Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.

MM: You know what' sreally the worst thing about it? The greatness of McCain is no cynicism, and this is cynical.

CT: This is cynical, and as you called it, gimmicky.

MM: Yeah.
sozobe

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Thanks so much for the transcript, Cyclo!
Cycloptichorn

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:07 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
US women voters turned off by Palin's pick: poll

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080903/pl_afp/usvotewomen;_ylt=AsMbuC08q5o9KzPd1WA_hHtsnwcF

Also, Obama today in CNN poll -

Iowa (828 RV, 3.5%)
Obama 55, McCain 40
Obama 51, McCain 38, Nader 4, Barr 3, McKinney 2

Minnesota (742 RV, 3.5%)
Obama 53, McCain 41
Obama 51, McCain 37, Nader 4, Barr 2, McKinney 1

Ohio (685 RV, 3.5%)
Obama 47, McCain 45
Obama 45, McCain 44, Nader 5, Barr 2, McKinney 1

Looking good!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:09 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Why aren't these same people talking like this when they think America is listening? They're BS too!
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:14 pm
The vast majority of American females will rally behind and support Palin after this evenings speech.
sozobe

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:14 pm
@sozobe,
Oh hey, I just saw that they posted the transcript at TPM -- I had an exchange with Josh Marshall about that yesterday! (I was bummed about all the videos-with-no-summary-or-other-information, he responded right away and said I had a good point.) Will write to him now to say thanks! Smile
Cycloptichorn

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:17 pm
@sozobe,
Wow, cool! He's one of the best.

Cycloptichorn
eoe

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 03:17 pm
@H2O MAN,
Keep Hope Alive!
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 3 Sep, 2008 04:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I was impressed. Really nice guy.

Meanwhile -- Rush likes Palin but Dr. Laura sure doesn't:

Dr. Laura wrote:
]I'm stunned - couldn't the Republican Party find one competent female with adult children to run for Vice President with McCain? I realize his advisors probably didn't want a "mature" woman, as the Democrats keep harping on his age. But really, what kind of role model is a woman whose fifth child was recently born with a serious issue, Down Syndrome, and then goes back to the job of Governor within days of the birth?

I am haunted by the family pictures of the Palins during political photo-ops, showing the eldest daughter, now pregnant with her own child, cuddling the family's newborn. When Mom and Dad both work full-time (no matter how many folks get involved with the children), it becomes a somewhat chaotic situation. Certainly, if a child becomes ill and is rushed to the hospital, and you're on the hotline with both Israel and Iran as nuclear tempers are flaring, where's your attention going to be? Where should your attention be? Well, once you put your hand on the Bible and make that oath, your attention has to be with the government of the United States of America.

http://www.drlaurablog.com/2008/09/02/sarah-palin-and-motherhood/

(That's a view I've been seeing privately, less so online.)