A good cry on the train

Rockhead

Tue 9 Sep, 2008 08:31 pm
@devriesj,
Dev, Dag is a comet in the enlightenment of the universe.

Spike, I will shoot at it, but Friday is a Real life deadline, Sunday would more befit the dreamers among us...

Hang on Joe (doesn't it hurt yer knees) Nation
0 Replies

Diane

Tue 9 Sep, 2008 11:21 pm
Joe, there are times when I don't post on a2k for a week or more, sometimes I don't come around for a month or more. When I do return, it is always comforting to see some of my favorite people, the people I count on, even without knowing them, even without posting much on their threads. I just read and know that these people add something valuable to my life. You are one of those people.

Divorce brings out so many strange emotions. When I left my ex husband of 34 years, I was terrified, even though I knew I had to get away before I died of being treated like a secretary.

I'l bet you will find along the way, some epiphanies about yourself that help get you back on your feet and help improve your self image. You finally come to the realization that you are whole and valid and worthwhile. For me, the last few years have amazed me, finding out about myself, my mistakes and a new sense of self-esteem.

You will get through this a better man, a whole and independent man. And a part of that will be the knowledge that so many people love and respect you, without ever having met you. Just because most of us haven't met you doesn't lessen the friendship we feel for you.

Just think of all the support that has been offered and realize that you are someone that we all treasure, and please carry that with you as a reminder that you will never be alone or unloved, as long as a2k survives.

And, because I can't be kind and gentle all the time-----get a grip. Live well. That is the best and most constructive, revenge.
0 Replies

caribou

Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:01 am
I heart joenation.
0 Replies

spikepipsqueak

Wed 10 Sep, 2008 07:21 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation wrote:

Tonight's projects are to measure the closet for the replacement of the shelves and clothesrod, hang a mirror above the couch and go bed early.

Joe(actually slept through the night last night.)Nation

Glad to hear your sleep is settling, Joe, but thats not what I want to talk about.

SHE TOOK THE CLOTHES ROD!!!???

I've been giving you all sorts of credit for courage in adversity, and you obviously haven't told us even the half of it.

Did you have to replace the light bulbs, too?

I feel(more than somewhat) angry on your behalf, Joe, and more strength to your arm, that you are maintaining your equilibrium in the face of what looks like pettiness, to me.

Forgive me if I am being unjust to L, but I'm going to be furious, I suspect you don't feel free to be angry on your own behalf, at the moment.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 10 Sep, 2008 09:11 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe Nation's doc wrote:
"What the hell, try it. "

there are worse ways to go through life

eh(can I get George to translate that into Latin? which one? either one)Beth

~~~

You're doing good. You're not doing so good. Early days - you're sounding dang normal - up and down are the new flat - like menopause without hot flashes.

You're doing what you need to do - and repeat what the good doc said. hmmm, that could be a good tattoo.
0 Replies

McTag

Thu 11 Sep, 2008 12:09 am

Ditto clothesrod JeeSUS
0 Replies

Roberta

Thu 11 Sep, 2008 03:03 am
Thinking about you, Joe. Good luck with the colonoscopy. I had one earlier this year. Good luck with the race.

0 Replies

Joe Nation

Thu 11 Sep, 2008 04:21 am
No, running does not hurt my knees. Dunno why not. My brothers both have hitches of one sort or another in their giddyup, I do not.

Quote:
there are worse ways to go through life
says Bethie. So say we all. Look around, I tell myself, look around.

L. had replaced the shelf and closet rod in the big bedroom closet with an Elfa system a few years ago. Very elegant in it's design, single rail to slide hanging apparatus and shoe holders.

I'm putting back in the boring twelve inch shelf and the long single rod. The fun thing for me is that I will finally be able to see all of my clothes which have been jammed together in the less roomy hall closet all these years. (I have to take a bunch of them to Goodwill. I found two pairs of size forty-two corduroy slacks. I now wear thirty-sixes.)

Today is prep day for tommorrow's looksee. Lots of clear liquids for me, yum. Isn't vodka a clear liquid?

Joe(Al ax da doctah whens I shee him)Nation
Izzie

Thu 11 Sep, 2008 04:52 am
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
boring twelve inch shelf and the long single rod

good.... solid, sturdy useful - perfect!

Hugs to you

Joe (you can do that now) Nation x
McTag

Thu 11 Sep, 2008 01:47 pm
@Izzie,

Hey we're going to San Francisco tomorrow. Can't wait.

Try, if you can, to do without me for a few weeks. Hang in there. And if there be any doubt or confusion while I'm away, just think: what would McTag do?

I'll be back before you know it.
0 Replies

jespah

Thu 11 Sep, 2008 03:12 pm
Clear liquids. That should be an emo band, I'm thinking.

Thought of this song today, hunted it down and then thought of you.

Joe Nation

Fri 12 Sep, 2008 05:00 am
@jespah,
Thanks, j. Excellent song. I'll have to come back and listen a few more times.

What continues to strike me about being on my own is what opens up. Going through my budget the other day (there is a lot less money in the budget now, obviously.) I was fretting over whether I needed to quit my gym membership. It's about a hundred a month and there is a locker rental of $150 every six months. Not a lot, but there are other things I could use the money for. (Attorney fees, for example.)
Once I stopped whining, I started asking myself why I have the gym membership. I have it because I run in the morning and I need a place to shower and change before work. (I have a whole routine of TH-take home laundry--SA-Take fresh clothes to gym.) Okay. So what would have to change in order for you not to need the gym?
Um.
Run after work. Shower at home.
Duh.
I can carry (or wear) my running stuff and my lunch (another money saver) to work and then run around the park or up the river to the apartment. (slaps forehead)
Of course, the reason I was running in the mornings was so I could be at home with L. at night.
So, I went yesterday to cancel my membership and my timing is perfect. I have another thirty days on my membership and luckily the locker runs out about the same time, so I can still run in the mornings for the next month and then switch to nights.
(But, said the inner whiner, what about the weight training {that I haven't been doing regularly for awhile} ??)
um

Joe(do yoga and buy two twenty five pound dumb-bells, dumbbell.)Nation
Eva

Fri 12 Sep, 2008 08:31 am
@Joe Nation,
Very smart, Joe...$125/mo. for a shower is a bit high.

Do you think you could take a look at MY budget? I'm not having much success with it. Wink
0 Replies

spikepipsqueak

Fri 12 Sep, 2008 05:47 pm
@Joe Nation,
Thinking on your feet, Joe. (Occasionally I miss smileys)

You'll arrive home all warm and circulating and able to sleep like a log, at the appropriate time.

I hope you had fun being probed by aliens.
ossobuco

Fri 12 Sep, 2008 06:12 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
Pips, we have smilies if we want them. When you reply, click on the green letters above the box Enable BBCode Editor. You only have to do that once unless you change you mind and don't want the BBCode choices anymore.
spikepipsqueak

Fri 12 Sep, 2008 06:44 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank ye kindly, osso. Very Happy
ossobuco

Fri 12 Sep, 2008 09:13 pm
@spikepipsqueak,
You're welcome!
Izzie

Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:03 am
@ossobuco,
How's Joe (colonoscopied) Nation?

hugs
x
Joe Nation

Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:33 am
@Izzie,
Really good, IZ, thanks for asking. I'll have the longer tale tonight.

And how are things going for you?

Joe(It will be about my new mantra)Nation
dagmaraka

Sat 13 Sep, 2008 05:43 am
@Joe Nation,
when are you running that thing, joe? tomorrow? I'll be thinking of you, sipping coffee and/or swigging beer in amsterdam.
0 Replies