if you just need a "job" any job, what the hell do u do?

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 09:46 am
you found an animal job? amazing, i have been looking there everyday for about 2 weeks...

i hope its close, i think ann road is ont he other side of the city
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 09:58 am
butrfly you are so sweet...

craigslist is down for me right now. yippee!
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:02 am
I think I broke it. It's down for me too. Laughing

What part of Vegas are you in, north, south, east, west? That will help me find things that are in bus distance to you.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:03 am
hey it just hit me, ive wanted to get into dogwalking for a few months, and i kept saying "oh god how will i advertise? where will i meet people who want their dogs walked, woe is me!"

craigslist, derrrrr

is that a good idea?

20 dollars for 30 minutes seems a good price
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:05 am
Butrflynet wrote:
I think I broke it. It's down for me too. Laughing

What part of Vegas are you in, north, south, east, west? That will help me find things that are in bus distance to you.

im on the south west side. maybe the west side? ill googlemap it

yeah west side ish.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:09 am
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=las+vegas+veterinary+reviews
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:21 am
Not sure dog walking is the business to get into in an economic downturn. That's the kind of thing that is the first to go when people have to cut back on their spending.

It is a good time, however, to get as much education as you can about what it will take to start one so you'll be ready to go when the timing is better.

Then again, with everyone needing to work 2 or 3 jobs to make ends meet they won't have much time for their pets. You'll have to survery the local area and see what the demand is.

Here are some websites to start your thinking process:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2028486_start-dog-walkingpet-sitting-service.html

http://www.entrepreneur.com/startingabusiness/businessideas/article80654.html

Take a look at this list of pet groomers and sitters in your area.contact with them and ask how things are going, ask if they're in need of help too. Work for someone while you look into starting one of your own.

Just remember that starting your own business is a lot of hard work and long hours. Will you be able to do that and dedicate yourself to college courses at the same time?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:23 am
thanks again butr. i found an spca no kill animal shelter nearby..

i didnt know google maps was that badass.

if anything, i can volunteer there and work at the other place. after a few months i might get hired there or i can even get hired somewhere else
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:24 am
no more "no professional experience BS"
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 12:23 pm
Have you considered being a pet nanny? If you have no criminal record, getting bonded and insured should not be terribly expensive. Then you go to people's houses to give the kitties and pooches some hugs and attention, make sure they have their water, food, worming medicine or whatever when the owners are away for a weekend or whatever.

When we still had critters, we had a couple of folks we could call for this service. Depending on how many plants there were to water and how many pets to atttend, rates ranged from $10/day for a single cat to up to $25/day for multiple pets--this for about a half hour or so on site. If you have a lot of clients you can make pretty good money.

Also had an elderly friend--recently deceased--who for many years worked as a house sitter to care for pets, plants, pick up papers and mail etc. and made a fairly good income doing that.
0 Replies