McCain is blowing his election chances.

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:30 pm
@blueflame1,
Have you noticed that this administration wanted to "give" Paulson $700 billion without any oversight, transparency, controls, and congressional influence? Their urgency required the congress to approve this money without dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" because they would see through the BS presented.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:36 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

blueflame, Don't you find it amusing that the conservatives wants more of the same? How do they reconcile the Bush destruction of our economy - while McCain chose to vote with Bush 95% during the last congress.

Doesn't actions speak louder than words today?

Bush wanted to fix this problem years ago, ci, and I think we have Barney Frank for instance on tape saying not to worry. Remember, congress controls alot of this, and alot of this goes way back, such as to Carter. This was a big problem before Bush even got to Washington.

A little honesty on your part would be nice, ci, to acknowledge the truth about this.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 06:53 pm
@okie,
Oh sure, that's what we call "leadership" right? Blame all the current problems to previous administrations. Conservatives never learned to take responsibility for their own screwups, now or in the past.

okie, You have not learned what "honesty" means.
okie

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I am not pardoning the Republicans in this, in fact I disagree with what I think Bush's plan was, but I think you stick your head in the sand if you believe the Dems are not in deep dodo on this one. Things have causes, and this is caused by liberal policies, whether it was all liberals or whether it was Republicans practicing liberalism, it was plainly liberalism.

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but this video plainly shows Fannie and Freddie was deeply involved into "family politics" with the Congressional Black Caucus for one. Clearly, that was not the function of Fannie and Freddie, but Democrats apparently thought so. Fannie and Freddie should have been doing loans based on merit, not on some "political family." This is outrageous. Heads should roll.

All of this brings up a question, why does the Congressional Black Caucus even exist? It is a racist organization. Can you imagine a Congressional White Caucus? People should run their congressional office as an individual and as a member of a political party, and not as such ridiculous organizations, that are hindering - not helping racial harmony.

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/busted-ceo-of-fannie-mae-in-2005.html
0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:47 pm
@cicerone imposter,
READ THIS AND WATCH THIS SMOKING GUN, ci.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/194210.php

We've had children in congress. We need adults that can take responsibility. Get out the brooms, and sweep Dodd and Frank out the door first.
okie

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2008 08:58 pm
@okie,
From the above link:

"Note that McCain and the GOP and Alan Greenspan and Bush were all warning of this in 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2006. Legislation for reform and oversight of Fannie-Freddie was proposed and was blocked every time - on party line votes - by the Democrats. Ignoring it won't change it, O!bots.

DEMOCRATS 08 - PARTY BEFORE COUNTRY."

blueflame1

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 08:22 am
http://wpcomics.washingtonpost.com/feature/08/09/26/wpswi080926.gif
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 08:57 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

From the above link:

"Note that McCain and the GOP and Alan Greenspan and Bush were all warning of this in 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2006. Legislation for reform and oversight of Fannie-Freddie was proposed and was blocked every time - on party line votes - by the Democrats. Ignoring it won't change it, O!bots.

DEMOCRATS 08 - PARTY BEFORE COUNTRY."

Keep shouting, Okie, it'll drown out the voices in your head.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 09:04 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

From the above link:

"Note that McCain and the GOP and Alan Greenspan and Bush were all warning of this in 2001, 2003, 2005 and 2006. Legislation for reform and oversight of Fannie-Freddie was proposed and was blocked every time - on party line votes - by the Democrats. [/size]

Could you provide one example of this "legislation"? How could a party line democratic vote stop legislation when that party was in the minority? Was there a fillibuster I haven't heard about?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 09:05 am
Wow, Okie is resorting to quoting a blog post by someone called "Good Lt" and doing so in variously bolded, colored and sized fonts. We're off into Gunga/Omsigdavid territory, apparently.
okie

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 09:32 am
@nimh,
Just getting your attention. There is little doubt that it has been liberal policies at the root of this problem, certainly not conservative ones. Now, don't confuse conservative vs liberal with Republican vs Democrat in every case, as there is not a perfect correlation, but there is a rough approximate one.
Green Witch

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 09:35 am
@okie,
Are you saying Liberals instigated deregulation???? That is the root of the problem and you can trace it back to Reagan and his bank buddies. You need to take a few business classes.
engineer

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 09:40 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Just getting your attention. There is little doubt that it has been liberal policies at the root of this problem, certainly not conservative ones. Now, don't confuse conservative vs liberal with Republican vs Democrat in every case, as there is not a perfect correlation, but there is a rough approximate one.

I think many Republicans don't really understand classic conservativism. Here's a link from a dyed in the wool conservative who is leaning towards Obama. (I posted this as its own thread elsewhere.)
Quote:
My party has slipped its moorings. It’s time for a true pragmatist to lead the country.
Leading Off By Wick Allison, Editor In Chief

THE MORE I LISTEN TO AND READ ABOUT “the most liberal member of the U.S. Senate,” the more I like him. Barack Obama strikes a chord with me like no political figure since Ronald Reagan. To explain why, I need to explain why I am a conservative and what it means to me. ...

“Every great cause,” Eric Hoffer wrote, “begins as a movement, becomes a business, and eventually degenerates into a racket.” As a cause, conservatism may be dead. But as a stance, as a way of making judgments in a complex and difficult world, I believe it is very much alive in the instincts and predispositions of a liberal named Barack Obama.

okie

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 10:00 am
@Green Witch,
Liberals also run businesses. Running a business on red ink is not conservative.

And liberal government policies dictated alot of loans had to be made to be politically correct, so that everyone could borrow, even illegal immigrants I understand, and people got money simply because they lived in depressed areas, because the government said give it to them, and they were bad risks. I had no idea the amount of money connected to these policies was this huge, but yes, the chickens are coming home to roost with liberal policies, no accountability.

I believe one thing about this. If Republicans were clearly at the root of this, the Dems would already be holding hearings. But they aren't. They are pointing fingers and trying to shift blame. I think all roads lead back to liberal policies.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 10:05 am
@engineer,
Another good quote from your link:
Quote:
But today it is so-called conservatives who are cemented to political programs when they clearly don’t work. The Bush tax cuts"a solution for which there was no real problem and which he refused to end even when the nation went to war"led to huge deficit spending and a $3 trillion growth in the federal debt. Facing this, John McCain pumps his “conservative” credentials by proposing even bigger tax cuts. Meanwhile, a movement that once fought for limited government has presided over the greatest growth of government in our history. That is not conservatism; it is profligacy using conservatism as a mask.

Too many conservatives cling to the republican party by name only now. They haven't really looked to see what the republican party has become. Bush and Cheney are not conservatives, they are profligate imperialists.

I believe that McCain is a good man with good intentions for a country he loves, but I don't believe he has the leadership skills necessary to make the right choices, and the big changes which need to be made.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 10:33 am
@rosborne979,
rosborne wrote: "...they are profligate imperialists. ..." was a known characteristic of this administration from years ago when this administration broke domestic and international laws. King George ruled this country, and nobody had the guts to stop this lunacy.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 10:46 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
rosborne wrote: "...they are profligate imperialists. ..." was a known characteristic of this administration from years ago

A lot of conservatives are still in denial. They are too hung up on the labels being placed on politicians (Democrat or Republican) to recognize individuals for who they are.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 11:18 am
@okie,
okie wrote:
I think all roads lead back to liberal policies.

We knew that already.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 01:36 pm
@rosborne979,
The problem is not insufficient taxation, it is instead too much spending. This is where Bush went wrong. A failure to control spending, plus instituting more programs such as the prescription drug program, a terrible new bureaucracy.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2008 01:38 pm
@okie,
okie, FYI, it's not only spending, but also cutting taxes at the same time. Our country needs taxes to provide the security and infrastructure to maintain our country's military and economic security.