Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 06:48 am
jespah wrote:

Bad cat dander allergies here.

What about a snake? Or a buzzard?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 06:56 am
You could always learn to just live with the mouse (mice?), Jespah. Give it a name, leave special little treats out for it, create a little "nest" in the corner of your lounge room for it .... They're quite sweet, up close. Little twitchy noses & whiskers & little black marble eyes ..... Very Happy
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:06 am
This one was black, with glossy fur. Now I know why the shampoo seems to run out more quickly than usual, and our water bill is high.

A buzzard? Oy.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 07:15 am
Blackie, the mouse! Awwwwwwww! Very Happy
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 08:12 am
jespah wrote:
Gala wrote:
It's been said before-- get a cat.

There's a health food store here that had a rodent problem, especially after they tore down some buildings nearby. Rats--Eeek, scarier than mice.

They didn't want to put poison down as it goes against the health food philosophy, so they brought in the cat. When the health inspector comes around they hide the cat.

Bad cat dander allergies here.

Anyway, we left out a few shavings of cheese to see if our tenant was still around and, sure enough, the cheese was gone this morning, but they left a nice note and folded their napkins very artistically.

Okay, no cat. This mouse sounds has better manners then most people. A winner of a little rodent.

Here's another option: Some hardware stores sell the humane traps. The kind where you put the cheese in it, the mouse goes in and the door closes on it. That way you can just let it loose.

One note about those traps-- go with the more expensive, the inexpensive ones are to small and don't work well.

Here's one good sign about having mice-- it means you do not have rats.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:25 am
no rats, but we do get the occasional bat...

thanx for the tip, Gala!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 09:33 am
Gala wrote:
That way you can just let it loose.

Friends do this since years - they started with one, now dozens are using this kind entertainment as kind of enjoyabel-adventurous short trip. :wink:

(They've two cats as well, which keeps the number to transport relative constantly ... in the lower ciffers.)
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:09 am
We might visit a local pond with our, er, tenants. Should be a nice habitat, lots of water and people throw bread. The geese, though, might not be as generous as we are.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:14 am
Jespah, just make sure it's more than 2 km (or some distance, I'm sure you can find online how far you need to go) away from your house, otherwise the little buggers find their way back. We used to release our tenants on John Silber's (the ex-President of Boston University) front lawn. Two good deeds with one strike.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:27 am
I'm a BU grad and I definitely support that. To the Pres's house (and then we can stop for Chinese food afterwards. This idea just gets better and better).

Thanks for the tip. Smile
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 11:33 am
jespah wrote:
To the Pres's house (and then we can stop for Chinese food afterwards.

Hmm, it doesn't take long until they are are ready - but how does the Chinese chef know where to get them?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 23 Mar, 2006 12:30 pm
Ack! We aren't gonna eat our tenants!

Although I bet they would taste like chicken. Hmmm.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 07:29 am
Gotcha ya little bugger

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/P4100105.jpg
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 09:56 am
Ooh, a death for peanut butter.

PS We have yet to actually put out our traps. I did, though, dream of a rat (grey) emerging from underneath our old futon in my folks' garage. We haven't owned the futon since, um, 1999 or so.

I think it means I'm psychic, or something.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 10:25 am
i think the critter skedaddled some time ago...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 10:59 am
Well, that's it, then. Hang a picture of a mouse in a <shudder> trap in every room. Maybe they'll take a hint.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 11:17 am
Can we make it artistic, with a collage effect or maybe some sort of a poitillistic or impressionistic feel to it, or is photorealism the way to go?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 12:35 pm
Realism
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 01:49 pm
Sure-realism.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 12 Apr, 2006 04:01 pm
You mean surreal, like this? http://www.arthit.ru/mouse.jpg