sozobe

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 08:54 pm
bandylu2 wrote:
Unlike the 'hes' or 'its' perhaps she would respond to simple reason and logic.

OOOOHhhhh! Sofia, dlowan, fellow femfolk (does that work?) a powerful warrior has returned to the fold.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 08:53 am
Hail!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:04 am
Hail bandyluuuuuuu!

So, the front page of today's New York Times says that evolutionary biologists have discovered the remains of a 1,500 lb. rodent.

Well, that's to be expected if there's a lot of pizza-eating going on.

Maybe Ms. Mouse needs some help around the house and a little lovin'. Where can I place a rodent personal for her?

Quote:
Grey, 6 months old, weighs 4 ounces, 17 children, SRF (single rodent female) lives behind an almond-colored stove (with black trim) in Brighton, MA. Looking for a soul mate to nibble cheese, hang out behind the clock wiring and drink Chianti. No rats.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 07:30 am
I'm afraid our gal hasn't received any responses to her ad. I think rodent Lotharios are intimidated by the reference to 17 children. Hmmm.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 08:12 am
Yeah. Rattlesnake does not taste like chicken. Actually, it tastes a lot like lizzard.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 08:28 am
Jespah/Montana,

On a serious note if you trap them in a little box type trap, and let them go outside, what's to stop them from coming back in???
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 01:57 pm
kev wrote:
Jespah/Montana,

On a serious note if you trap them in a little box type trap, and let them go outside, what's to stop them from coming back in???

Surely they wouldn;' return to a place where they were manifestly not wanted, or where the service was bad?!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 03:30 pm
We left out a tomato over the weekend, and it wasn't touched, so I think our gal went to stay with the drunken next-door neighbors.

Or, she moved to the condo under the porch stairs.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 04:24 pm
Off the salads and back to the pizza. It's so sad to see a good diet plan go astray.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 23 Sep, 2003 08:26 pm
margo wrote:

Surely they wouldn;' return to a place where they were manifestly not wanted, or where the service was bad?!

My mother in law does
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 06:51 am
Your mother-in-law is a mouse?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 07:20 am
. . . that roared.
0 Replies

kev

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 10:45 am
No Jespah, she's more like a really pissed off rhino, and thats on a good day, but she does return with alarming regularity, you know like the mice might do, if you just chucked em in the back garden.

This is not a great analogy is it?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 12:50 pm
kev wrote:
No Jespah, she's more like a really pissed off rhino, and thats on a good day, ?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just hope she doesn't read this - you're in deep doodoo, boy!
0 Replies

kev

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:16 pm
I'm safe Margo she has trouble working her TV remote control, so she's not likely to buy a computer.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2003 09:34 pm
kev wrote:
I'm safe Margo she has trouble working her TV remote control, so she's not likely to buy a computer.

Kev

I got caught chatting on IM to Dlowan once, about my aunt who was staying with me, and causing me great angst. She came in and sat beside me - and I couldn't tell Deb to stop chatting - had to turn the whole thing off. Embarrassed
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 06:23 am
Well, we're not worried about your mother-in-law so much, kev, but what about your wife?

"Dear, I'm only checking on our stocks" is only going to go so far, yanno. :wink:
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 10:03 pm
This afternoon, I returned from lunch in Chinatown to find a small red grape, half-eaten, left on the grill plating.

So I'm afraid I have bad news. I think the mice have taken to making their own wine, and I fear they have become alcoholics.

Quote:
My name is Squeaky, and I'm an alcoholic.

Hello, Squeaky.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 01:35 am
We should have never given him wine with the cheese. What that mouse needs is salvation.

<Years ago, I used to carpool. The other driver could narrowly miss a collision and say "Now Roger, that man needs salvation.", and mean it.>
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 11 Oct, 2003 02:54 pm
When I next head downstairs, I'll listen carefully for the sounds of a very high-pitched revival meeting. Put your paw on the grill plating! Hallelujah!

Plus they seem to be grabbing the grapes and tomatoes out of the sink drain, and there's a disposal unit. Of course, they're grabbing the fruit etc. that's waiting to be ground up (and it seems like this is happening during the day) so it's quite a feat of daring. Maybe my kitchen has become a small corporate retreat - you know, the kind where you walk on hot coals?

Hubby says he thinks it's a Pavlovian experiment and that the mice leave out a grape or whatever to see if there are any humans around. Wait, I hear a bell <salivate>?
0 Replies