Young cousin diagnosed with Non-Hodgekins Lymphoma

Izzie

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 07:16 pm
@littlek,
thinking of you LilK... so my heautiful Hans today - so brave and so vibrant dressed as the most beautiful devil you could imagine, going trick or treating with her friends - so brave.... put us adults to shame for our whinging when the don't complain at all. Automatically thought of your wee cuz. Healing wishes K.... for all the family .... posivibes in abundance. xxxx
Izzie

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 07:20 pm
@Izzie,
Hey LilK

How she' doing these days?
littlek

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2008 07:48 pm
@Izzie,
Hey Izzie, she is doing ok. I haven't heard much news since my last post. The fund-raiser is coming up a week from Saturday.
Izzie

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2008 03:37 pm
@littlek,
Hey LilK

Hope you and she are both doing good and the fundraiser goes well. Thinking of you. x
jespah

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 10:21 am
@Izzie,
How's your cousin doing?

My family member just got a very good evaluation. Chemo is done, will get reevaluated some time after the first of the year.

Lots to be thankful for this year.
littlek

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:39 pm
@jespah,
Hi all. Glad to hear the news, Jes. I hope my cousin fairs as well. She's looking like she will.

They fundraiser was last weekend. Even after a week of chemo, she was up for the party. They raised somewhere near 12,000 bucks!
PDiddie

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:52 pm
@littlek,
Hi K:

In 2006 my sister-in-law was diagnosed with NHL, spread through the lymphatic system, and the PET image had her lit up like a Christmas tree. She had chemo which chased it into remission, and has followup Retuxin therapy which is keeping her clean.

She's back to doing her triathelons. Yes, much to give thanks for.

And best to your cuz.
littlek

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2008 06:54 pm
@PDiddie,
Wow! Invasive AND cured! Nice! Glad to hear it, PDiddie (and good to see you).
jespah

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 05:55 am
@littlek,
Fantastic - PDid.

And great fundraiser!

Here's hoping the cuz and those who love her have lots to be thankful for.
Izzie

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 09:10 am
@jespah,
Hey LilK and Jes - much to give thanks for with you and yours. Enjoy Thanksgiving. x
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 04:39 pm
She had her last chemo treatment last week and a spinal tap to boot. Things look promising. More when I hear.
jespah

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2009 05:24 pm
@littlek,
YAY!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 26 Jan, 2009 04:58 pm
@littlek,
ditto YAY... so pleased for your cuz LilK... so so pleased. Posivibes to you all in the weeks ahead. x
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 06:18 pm
Late last week she got results from her latest PET scan - cancer-free! I thought her parents would decide against radiation given that news. But, they are going to have her treated after all. She'll be starting radiation soon and it will run for a few weeks.
Izzie

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 06:23 pm
@littlek,
LilK - so pleased she is the bigC FREE. So pleased. x
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 07:58 pm
@Izzie,
Good, and good re the rads (in mho).
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 09:40 pm
@littlek,
Hi there, littlek! I think I tried to give you reason for optimism. I am soooo happy for you and your cousin! I have been thinking of you.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 19 Feb, 2009 04:50 am
@littlek,
Good news!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 02:37 pm
I dunno, the radiation makes me nervous. Hopefully it'll be targeted. Having that done to her at so young an age greatly increases her likelihood for other cancers later in life.
littlek

Reply Fri 13 Mar, 2009 07:42 pm
@littlek,
They got a second opinion in NY. Seems that the new Doc thinks treating a cancer that isn't there with radiation is NOT the way to go. Makes sense, but what do I know. So. They are fund raising to help cover expenses. Worry about radiation will come after a big concert event to raise money for doc debt and any on going treatment.
0 Replies