Phoenix landing?
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 11:00 am
Bars and clubs in Central Square - some already mentioned:

The Good Life
Phoenix Landing - good meeting spot
The Cantab
The Green Street Grille/Charlie's Tap (recently done over, don't like it now)
TT The Bears
The Middle East
The Enormous Room
The Fields
Manray

I'm with little k - voting to stay the hell out of Allston. I'll travel, though, wherever you all decide.

Most of my suggestions are in town. If people heavily prefer Cambridge or North/South Shore burbs, let me know.

Good meeting places also include: Ned Devine's (Fanueil Hall), Grafton Street Grille (Harvard Square), Dick's Last Resort (Copley Square), Rattlesnake (Boylston Street - good roof deck if it's nice out), The Barking Crab (downtown, Atlantic Ave.), Elephant & Castle (Financial District).

I'll list more as I think of them.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 11:02 am
Manray???
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 12:40 pm
Not suggesting we should go to Manray, just throwing everything up there - unless kitchenpete's the kind of guy who would just love Fetish Night (if they still have that).....ya nevah know.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 01:22 pm
Sugar wrote:
Not suggesting we should go to Manray, just throwing everything up there - unless kitchenpete's the kind of guy who would just love Fetish Night (if they still have that).....ya nevah know.

Well - he's a Brit, and an accountant - and you just know what they're like!!! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 01:26 pm
When the hell are you people going to make up your minds? ??? ???????

I'll choose one: Phoenix Landing.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 01:28 pm
McTag wrote:
When the hell are you people going to make up your minds? ??? ???????

I'll choose one: Phoenix Landing.

Yep - I'll go along with that - sounds a good place, and I've always wanted to go there - ever since I heard about it! [size=7](2 minutes ago!) [/size]Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 01:51 pm
Any place I can sleep will be lovely (assuming I'm this tired a week from today). Please don't put my fingers in my beer if I doze off. Thank you in advance.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 02:06 pm
phoenix landing sounds fine with me.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 02:08 pm
littlek wrote:
phoenix landing sounds fine with me.

K
Bear in mind - this decision was made, and confirmed, by people who wont be there! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 02:10 pm
I've been there, it's pretty close to home, I'm good with that decision and I thank you all for making it. Phew.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 02:24 pm
Cool - right down the street from my hell-hole....I mean, office. If anyone from Q-town is going to take the train in (place is across from Central T), I can offer a ride home. Only room for 3 passengers. No backseat drivers or anti-smokers.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 02:26 pm
BTW, I saw Jerry at the grocery store yesterday. He misses everyone and will be less busy starting today.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 04:02 pm
Oho, you guys do know that Phoenix Landing is usually madly crowded and loud, right? Maybe less so on Tuesdays, but that's where people go dancing. If we want to stay around Central Square, I'd rather go to the Field or the Good Life.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 05:53 pm
Central Sq? Phoenix Landing?
May have apassenger there Sugar-well, you know..when I finally get all the way over there.

If thats where we're going anyway.

Ill just check in like Sunday or something. Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 06:17 pm
Q, it may be safer to wait until monday night.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 02:33 am
Is "Manray" what I think it is ?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:34 am
It's a photgrapher, Guat... what did you think it was?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 04:40 am
Seattlefriend writes...
Quote:
I'm flying in to Boston to see the youngest daughter who just started grad school at the New England Conservatory. It will be fun to see her school, her new apartment, neighborhood, etc. I would love to get together with any of the Boston group who might be available on October 11, 12, or 13th. I alerted Merry Andrew about a week ago that there was a possibility that I would be coming, so I will now send him a pm with the specific dates. He said he would be in town all of October and would like to meet.

The daughter lives in Allston, which I understand is west from the city. I've never been to Boston, so I have a lot to learn on this trip.

So, at least seattlefriend will be coming to Allston!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 09:08 am
Yeah! Seattlefriend is coming too! 2 gatherings in one week? Is she posting on a2k about it?

Manray is a bar/club. I know it has a fetish night and I think the crowd is generally mixed straight and gay. It's a dance club, right? Aha, here's Manray
0 Replies