kitchenpete in Mass...

McTag

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 12:54 pm
Re: It's me!!!!
kitchenpete wrote:
c.i. and Walter know - I really do exist!
KP

And he looks just like his picture, too. Sorry girls. :wink:
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 01:02 pm
Gautam, Piffka and Mr P, Steve 41oo and Mrs Steve 41oo are meeting in London this evening. And should be elbow-deep in the curry as I write.
Dagmarka in London tomorrow? I'm losing track.
Cheers, guys!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2003 02:16 pm
nay, i shall be there 3rd-5th, next weekend. wedding event. not mine though, nope.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 02:56 am
Yeah, I voted for Tues but I won't stand in the way if everyone else wants Mon (just to confuse everyone).
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:27 am
Monday's best for me... but SOMEONE SET A TIME_DATE_LOCATION!

dammit!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 07:44 am
alright, let's do it this way:
options:
irish pub
mixed drinks bar
hole in the wall kind of pub

vote, and i'll speak with littlek and we will pick something for you when you can't, something along the lines of a preferred option.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 07:51 am
I'm a fan of hole in the wall dives. Wink
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 08:28 am
KP..what do you prefer in the way of an establishment?
Also, something easy to find I would think would be good..not that much is easy to find around here but, Im thinking someone not familiar with Somerville....or you know..even the general area that should be an important part of the decision making....the whole vortex thing might be bad.
Just my 2 cents worth of assistance..probably not much of a help but, eh.
I refuse to pick a place as everytime I have they have been closed. Just tell me where to go Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 05:46 pm
The Burren - Irish pub with beer, mixed drinks and food. Sometimes they have live music and when they do, there's a cover. It's a block or two from the Davis Sq T Sta. Burren

Johnny D's - blues bar/club. No music on monday, tuesday there'd be a cover. Maybe.... just maybe, there'd be no cover if we sat at the bar. Johnny's

Good Life - jazz bar/club. Mo music monday or tuesday. Near Central Square Sta. Good Life review

Well, that's a small selection for my part of the world.

We could shoot for Boston, but I'm not so good at coming up with ideas for the big little city.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 07:52 am
one cool place downtown is jacob's wirth, somewhere near the theater district - never too crowded and it sports german beers and food. it is a bit big and feels somewhat like a german train station. it's been there for at least 100 years (dunno WHERE exactly, but can find out). all 3 above mentioned bars are good too. kp, tell us what's your preferred location, we can go from there, ay?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 02:34 pm
http://www.jacobwirthrestaurant.com/
Stuart St...easy enough
looks interesting, never been myself
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 02:40 pm
... and they have 'Warsteiner' there, our (more or less) local breweryhttp://www.bigblueball.com/im/msn/images/Surprised%20Smiley.gif
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:28 pm
Well, we would have to raise a glass to you if we go there and come about the stuff...thats interesting, and a nice little fun fact!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 08:31 pm
looks interesting!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2003 10:26 pm
so.. since it's actually monday now, and no plans have been set for tonight, I guess the gathering will be held on tuesday. Now then, that's decided, but where?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 04:36 am
Hey k'... you running a week ahead perhaps? Unless I missed a change KP said October 6 or 7...
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 07:51 am
Seal Poet's got it right...next week, k...I hope you can wait that long!

Haven't spoken to hosts - plan to do so tonight and confirm tomorrow morning on this board.

My personal love of jazz should only affect the decision of venue if it'll still be possible to hear each other...otherswise we may as well put .mpg's of ourselves online and forget the meeting!!!

Boston Irish pubs may be good for me but I'm no stranger to Guinness, etc. here in the UK.

Sorry to be such a pain not getting a fixed date...I'll have to buy you all the first drink.

See you next week Very Happy

KP
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 08:41 am
Doh! I want it to be the new month already! I need my paycheck.

So.....not the Burren, maybe the Good Life (there's a semi-seperate bar) and maybe the euro-bar/restaurant in Boston. We're narrowing it down!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 02:34 pm
Pete; you like jazz?

First time I was in Boston (1977) I saw Muddy Waters' band in a pub. No cover charge as far as I recall. Fantastic.

Second time I was in Boston (2001) I saw the American Air Force Band in a free evening concert in the central square arena thing. Also very good.

Enjoy!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 03:29 pm
Hmmm, I think Jacob Wirth is still an option - they sometimes have a jazz duo/trio - but never too loud as not to be able to hear each other. Another option: Wonder Bar in Allston, on Harvard Ave; that may be a bit louder there is live music every night, but they got good apetizers and stuff, and if we reserve a table on the other side of the bar, we will be fine. Third option is O'Ryles in Inman Square, also a jazz music type of a place. They play a lot of live jazz also, it is more quiet and artsy. Only problem: when band is on, people are silent and watch the band - wouldn't be able to talk while someone plays. At least the two times I was there it was like that. Whatchyu all think?
0 Replies