Hillary's Assasination Comment

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 05:02 am
Just got informed by Campaign Obama that I have been selected for a fellowship and training in a critical state. I have to go to a particular state for 2 days of training in June and then remain there to organize through July. I am very excited as many have signed up and I was told that I should not get my hopes up too far.

Hmm...66 yr old grandmother, American Sign language skills....etc.,etc. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 05:23 am
Congratulations, Vietnamnurse! That's fabulous.

I hope you'll keep us updated on your adventures.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 05:38 am
VietnamNurse, any idea of which state? If you don't wish to say so publicly, please PM it to me.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 05:40 am
Oh hey, I just realized it could be Ohio. If it is, please PM me too!! :-D (I'd hate to work with you and not even know it's you -- the ASL skills might give it away though.)
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:27 am
It will probably be Virginia or PA since I am close to both here in Maryland. If PA, it will be most likely the western part or non urban areas that he lost in the east or central PA. I would prefer the Pittsburgh area, as my brother lives in Butler county and it went for Hillary. SO, I am asking for either Virgina or PA.

By the way, the word is out from the Obama Campaign HQ for no one to demonstrate or hold signs at the rules meeting in DC on the 31st. They want no DRAMA! That is pretty key for his campaign....the less drama, the better.
0 Replies

Vietnamnurse

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:30 am
Soz, if I do get Ohio and not the other two states, I will let you know for certain! I am so excited....got a lot to organize around here, grandchildren, husband, dogs, cats, garden....before I go. Very Happy
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:35 am
So exciting!

I'm happy to be in a hot spot again -- general election stuff is gearing up though they're still careful in their wording. Last time it wasn't much of an exaggeration to say that the election came down to Columbus -- Ohio was HUGE, and Columbus can be the tie-breaker in the 3 big cities (Cincinnati tends to go red, Cleveland tends to be blue). Didn't go so well last time of course, but I'm sure fired up and ready to go this time! Polls are encouraging. We'll see.

Do let me know if you'll be around here... would love to meet you. (I think you're the only A2Ker I could have an ASL conversation with...!)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 06:54 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I didn't know it either until I found out from here that I'm one..... I think I'm a conservative now too... and possibly even a republican. Oh yeah and I'm stupid.... and apparently a closet queer.

This has been a real learning experience for me. Laughing

I always had you pegged as a closet Republican, but the whole queer angle was surprising.

The two do seem to go hand in hand.

Cycloptichorn

oh yeah? sounds like maybe you've blown a few republicans perhaps to compare their taste to democrats? .... couldn't go that route myself...
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 07:00 am
VNN, great.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 28 May, 2008 07:50 am
snood wrote:
Well spake (or wrote), sir.

ditto
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:08 am
teenyboone wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I think it's possible that teenyboone may have a chip on her shoulder to equal snoods... Laughing

odd teeny how he was Barry until it became politically expeidient for him to become a "self proclaimed" black as you put it...

That's EXACTLY how it is! You don't know, yourself, what's in HIS mind! You have a lot of CHEEKY nerve! Chip? I don't have a chip. I'm just stating the facts and YOU can't handle it! Why do I have to have a chip, when you so falsely ASSUME, what's in that man's mind! Why do I have to have a chip, when I am stating the sad history of what you call your proud nation!

It's the LIE you tell yourself, every July 4th! To what is the 4th of July to me?
Just a reminder of how long a race of people were exploited, for their labor, a reminder, that your people said, we Blacks out of Africa had no History, so that the Dutch/English and French took our bodies out of africa in chains and shackles, forced to learn another language, forced to toil day in and day out in the cotton, rice and sugar plantations, in the Americas and West Indies, so that when I went on a pilgrimage of faith, two women
dressed in African dress, came up to me, embraced me and said.
"You my Sister, From 'cross the Water". Confused, I looked at my Mother, who was crying, then the women said, "Did you think we forgot about you"? Elated and overjoyed, I learned they were from Ghana.

Imagine, how I must've felt. Elated, overjoyed and overwhelmed! It's been over 10 years. I have photographs and addresses. A third women was from Lebanon, blond with gray eyes. All three were beautiful, if I could find one word. Chip? You need an excuse to justify your guilt? I always say, that you people, whose ancestors were responsible for the largest holocaust in history, need an excuse to justify your wealth in exploiting Blacks and any other race you need to feed your ego of white supremacy! YOU have a chip! I'm okay with myself, as I'm living history, that YOUR people used and exploited others, all the time. Cool
Interesting tale, with no shortage of truth, and even touching; the part about the sister's from 'cross the water'. But, in your rush to condemn whitey, you conveniently left out the color of those who put most of your ancestors in chains in the first place. Even the ugly truth that is American history isn't as simple as black and white. We are all as evil as we are righteous.

Btw, I'm inclined to agree that the "Black Holocaust" was indeed worse than Hitler's horror, but I suspect Stalin was the grand champion killer of them all. Tough to discount Mao though. We didn't fear communism for nothing.

Strange, how you label the truth! I also know all too well, that some Africans, also played a role in this evil and you are right about Stalin and Mao, except, the Middle Passage, as Slavery was called, took place over 450 years, so Mao and Stalin, however despotic, along with Herr Hitler, the quasi Aryan, he thought he was, does not give the English and the French a "get out of jail, free", card! So since you know the color, because there was no such thing as Black or White people, until we came to the US!
Rolling Eyes

I can't win! Read about the Middle Passage, please! I am NOT for BH Obama, because he is Black. I am FOR him, because I think that HE is the one, who can heal this country! He is young, educated and qualified. Because he is Black, much has been made of his color, where he goes to church, who his "Mama" was, his African Father, White Grandmother, Hillary and HER perception of who Obama REALLY is. I stated one, that I am Black! I have read racist/quasi-racist/why I can't vote for Obama/questioning his Americanism and so on ad finitum! Some of what has been posted here qualifies for membership in the KKK or Aryan Nation!

After 63 years on earth and in the US, being born into Catholicism and bigotry in the South, in a so-called Catholic City, Jesus would have surely wept! I could never understand someone calling me the "N" word, then walk inside a Catholic Church and receive the host in Communion. It was liking going to church with "Bull Connor" and begging to be whipped!

I managed to survive 13 years of parochial schools, 4 years in a public university, racism in the workplace, smiled to keep from crying to pay a mortgage and bills on time, to be constantly discriminated against. Now, that I've "paid" my dues and retired, I get to do what I want. I'll leave this forum, before I say something regretable, so "Peace Out"! Cool
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:16 am
yes one would hate to see you desert your heretofore reasoned, calm, fair, balanced and genteel stance and speech. :wink:
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 08:53 am
teenyboone wrote:
After 63 years on earth and in the US, being born into Catholicism and bigotry in the South, in a so-called Catholic City, Jesus would have surely wept!

From New Orleans by any chance?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 09:12 am
teenyboone wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I think it's possible that teenyboone may have a chip on her shoulder to equal snoods... Laughing

odd teeny how he was Barry until it became politically expeidient for him to become a "self proclaimed" black as you put it...

That's EXACTLY how it is! You don't know, yourself, what's in HIS mind! You have a lot of CHEEKY nerve! Chip? I don't have a chip. I'm just stating the facts and YOU can't handle it! Why do I have to have a chip, when you so falsely ASSUME, what's in that man's mind! Why do I have to have a chip, when I am stating the sad history of what you call your proud nation!

It's the LIE you tell yourself, every July 4th! To what is the 4th of July to me?
Just a reminder of how long a race of people were exploited, for their labor, a reminder, that your people said, we Blacks out of Africa had no History, so that the Dutch/English and French took our bodies out of africa in chains and shackles, forced to learn another language, forced to toil day in and day out in the cotton, rice and sugar plantations, in the Americas and West Indies, so that when I went on a pilgrimage of faith, two women
"You my Sister, From 'cross the Water". Confused, I looked at my Mother, who was crying, then the women said, "Did you think we forgot about you"? Elated and overjoyed, I learned they were from Ghana.

Imagine, how I must've felt. Elated, overjoyed and overwhelmed! It's been over 10 years. I have photographs and addresses. A third women was from Lebanon, blond with gray eyes. All three were beautiful, if I could find one word. Chip? You need an excuse to justify your guilt? I always say, that you people, whose ancestors were responsible for the largest holocaust in history, need an excuse to justify your wealth in exploiting Blacks and any other race you need to feed your ego of white supremacy! YOU have a chip! I'm okay with myself, as I'm living history, that YOUR people used and exploited others, all the time. Cool
Interesting tale, with no shortage of truth, and even touching; the part about the sister's from 'cross the water'. But, in your rush to condemn whitey, you conveniently left out the color of those who put most of your ancestors in chains in the first place. Even the ugly truth that is American history isn't as simple as black and white. We are all as evil as we are righteous.

Btw, I'm inclined to agree that the "Black Holocaust" was indeed worse than Hitler's horror, but I suspect Stalin was the grand champion killer of them all. Tough to discount Mao though. We didn't fear communism for nothing.

Strange, how you label the truth! I also know all too well, that some Africans, also played a role in this evil and you are right about Stalin and Mao, except, the Middle Passage, as Slavery was called, took place over 450 years, so Mao and Stalin, however despotic, along with Herr Hitler, the quasi Aryan, he thought he was, does not give the English and the French a "get out of jail, free", card! So since you know the color, because there was no such thing as Black or White people, until we came to the US!
Rolling Eyes

I can't win! Read about the Middle Passage, please! I am NOT for BH Obama, because he is Black. I am FOR him, because I think that HE is the one, who can heal this country! He is young, educated and qualified. Because he is Black, much has been made of his color, where he goes to church, who his "Mama" was, his African Father, White Grandmother, Hillary and HER perception of who Obama REALLY is. I stated one, that I am Black! I have read racist/quasi-racist/why I can't vote for Obama/questioning his Americanism and so on ad finitum! Some of what has been posted here qualifies for membership in the KKK or Aryan Nation!

After 63 years on earth and in the US, being born into Catholicism and bigotry in the South, in a so-called Catholic City, Jesus would have surely wept! I could never understand someone calling me the "N" word, then walk inside a Catholic Church and receive the host in Communion. It was liking going to church with "Bull Connor" and begging to be whipped!

I managed to survive 13 years of parochial schools, 4 years in a public university, racism in the workplace, smiled to keep from crying to pay a mortgage and bills on time, to be constantly discriminated against. Now, that I've "paid" my dues and retired, I get to do what I want. I'll leave this forum, before I say something regretable, so "Peace Out"! Cool

Jesus wept after 30 years on earth... and having all his skin flayed off him alive and then nailed to a tree... son of god or not.... don't flatter yourself by comparing yourself to him...
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 10:41 am
engineer wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
After 63 years on earth and in the US, being born into Catholicism and bigotry in the South, in a so-called Catholic City, Jesus would have surely wept!

From New Orleans by any chance?

How did you guess? :wink:
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 10:50 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Jesus wept after 30 years on earth... and having all his skin flayed off him alive and then nailed to a tree... son of god or not.... don't flatter yourself by comparing yourself to him...

There is no comparison to the suffering of Jesus, but by your statement, you show how very ignorant, you really are! I am but a mortal and Jesus being God HIMSELF, has healed and rescued me, from the scorn of people like you. Your type is quick to ridicule, but only God knows what I've gone through. No, you should get on your knees and ask God's forgiveness. You're the very type, I've been speaking of. Sad
0 Replies

snood

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:01 pm
Quote:

just for the record, in John 11:35 when Jesus wept, it was having to do with Lazarus being dead, right before christ raised him from the dead - the scourging and crucifiction hadn't happened yet.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 05:23 pm
teenyboone wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Rolling Eyes

There is no comparison to the suffering of Jesus, but by your statement, you show how very ignorant, you really are! I am but a mortal and Jesus being God HIMSELF, has healed and rescued me, from the scorn of people like you. Your type is quick to ridicule, but only God knows what I've gone through. No, you should get on your knees and ask God's forgiveness. You're the very type, I've been speaking of. Sad

you sure are pissed off and hateful for someone who understands and is full of God's love.... who the f*ck do you think you are to judge me? Laughing
I'm thankful that I will one day be judged by God and not "his people".

You are a woman defeated and eaten alive with anger and bitterness by what she perceives as a life of martyrdom to the white devil. Get over yourself.... you won't live but another 10 years tops probably.... quit pissing and moaning.... we all have a sad story....

Now if you are really a Christian..... forgive me.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 06:15 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
I always say, that you people, whose ancestors were responsible for the largest holocaust in history, need an excuse to justify your wealth in exploiting Blacks and any other race you need to feed your ego of white supremacy!

"You people"?

Agreed. My ancestors didn't live in this country until far after the days of slavery.

You're painting with a too broad brush, Teeny

Cycloptichorn

Is that like saying it didn't happen, because your people weren't here? What does your family have to do with the stated facts? All I'm saying is, if the shoe fits.... Rolling Eyes

But it doesn't fit. That's the point. Generalizations about the past and what happened to people in the past, and how that relates to people today, are really not such a good idea; for every individual carries their own story and won't fit your stereotype.

It's not that it didn't happen; it's just that, well. I didn't have anything to do with it, none of my direct relatives had anything to do with it; so what you have described isn't me, though my skin is technically what you would call 'white.'

Cycloptichorn

but according to obamas church and another pastor preaching there.... that's not good enough. You still owe and should still give everything up. I look forward to hearing why I'm a racist for posting this. Supposedly Obama has disavowed this..... which is very very easy to do once the deed's been done :wink: The unity and love is becoming almost cloying in this campaign is it not? Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H11x6bMu4Y
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 07:43 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
but according to obamas church and another pastor preaching there.... that's not good enough. You still owe and should still give everything up. I look forward to hearing why I'm a racist for posting this.
Considering this late date; I doubt very much that this post has much to do with why you're a racist. I doubt even Wright has suggested, "You still owe and should still give up everything". Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile, if you believe the offspring of the rich have any advantage over that of the poor; it is a hideously stupid posture to then suggest the white man in general has not benefited by way of slavery.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Supposedly Obama has disavowed this..... which is very very easy to do once the deed's been done :wink: The unity and love is becoming almost cloying in this campaign is it not? Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H11x6bMu4Y
Right. I'm sure Hillary would have sniffed it out, before it was ever aired, and put a stop to it. Rolling Eyes A good start towards unity and love would be to stop posting inanely divisive nonsense at every opportunity.
0 Replies