Hillary's Assasination Comment

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:55 pm
no.... she's not that stupid.... the stupidity lies in making a remark that makes the media cum their pants and the hysteric public buy into it...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:09 pm
Well, those sentences were part of an interview Friday with the Argus Leader editorial board - the the media and the public were were "invited" from the very first seconds to ... what ever.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:10 pm
I find it amusing that all of you are getting your panties in a twist about her comment.

Lets look at what Robert Kennedy Jr had to say about the comments.

And remember, he is the son of the man Hillary was talking about.

Quote:
"It is clear from the context that Hillary was invoking a familiar political circumstance in order to support her decision to stay in the race through June. I have heard her make this reference before, also citing her husband's 1992 race, both of which were hard fought through June. I understand how highly charged the atmosphere is, but I think it is a mistake for people to take offense."

http://thedemocraticdaily.com/2008/05/23/robert-kennedy-jr-responds-to-hillary-clintons-rfk-remarks/

So if RFK's son isnt upset or offended by Hillary's remarks, why are the rest of you?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:13 pm
mysteryman wrote:

So if RFK's son isnt upset or offended by Hillary's remarks, why are the rest of you?

Perhaps not everyone here did endorse Hillary Clinton like RFK jun. did and so sees it more unbiased?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:27 pm
mysteryman wrote:

Maybe because she is not suggesting that RFK might be assassinated. Maybe you should ask Obama's children about the comment.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:59 pm
nimh wrote:
engineer wrote:
The really bad part of this is suppose it really happened. The right wing would be out there saying Clinton called for it or actually "ordered" it. The Obama faction would be crushed and looking to scapegoat Clinton as well, saying she was hoping for this scenario. If Obama was assassinated, Clinton would basically have to hang up politics.

I dont believe this for a second. If I remember correctly (not gonna look it up), even Obama supporters who posted angrily about Hillary's comments here have said that they were redundant if nothing else, because of course she'll be the obvious one next in line IF something were to happen with Obama.

I'm sure the more loony rightwing fringes and even some of the most fiery Obama supporters would theorise that Hillary "ordered" it, but no, the mainstream Democratic response would be very far away from that. I think the Democratic Party, including most of Obama's prominent backers, would just be looking to quickly rally behind a leader to avoid chaos and mayhem, and I dont see anyone who could be that but Hillary.

Two words: Vince Foster
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:09 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
no.... she's not that stupid.... the stupidity lies in making a remark that makes the media cum their pants and the hysteric public buy into it...
Rolling Eyes The media didn't feed this to the public. It was newsworthy enough that reporting it was sufficient.

I too doubt the theory that the Clintons are dumb enough to try to get mileage out of Obama's chances of assassination... though I wonder what those might be? 25 to 1, maybe? According to Intrade; 25 to 1 would make it the most likely scenario for Clinton to get the nomination (Since all scenarios total about 15 to 1, currently).

My guess is that it's much, much simpler and somewhat less sinister than that and lays in why is Obama a bigger target for assassination?
That's right; HE'S BLACK!

Just like the Jesse Jackson reference, just like the hard working white Americans comments; the slack she gets for saying these things was measured against the bigot-effect and deemed to be a net positive. She has consistently sought to covertly maximize the bigot-effect and it is true that the louder the complaints get; the more effective the strategy has become. The bigger the story becomes; the more the underlying intent (exploiting racism) is pounded in.

She may well have slipped in delivering her shot more clumsily than planned, but I doubt that it was unintentional. Her willingness to potentially call the lone nut into action is unconscionable as far as I'm concerned and I do hope Obama stands firm against allowing her to muscle her way onto his ticket accordingly.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:14 pm
horseshit.... the media saw this and bowed to God in thanks for it because people had stopped talking about Reverend Wright....they will fan the flames of this for a month..... and charge coca cola another few thousand per 60 second spot....exploiting racism has been a part of Hillary AND Obama's campaign from day one.... difference is Obama has made it work for him.....
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:16 pm
Exactly how has Obama exploited racism?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:18 pm
kicky you know how as well as I... but I'll be back to say how and then be told that I'm a racist and don't know it.... but right now I have something to do... in the real world... back later...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:19 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
kicky you know how as well as I... but I'll be back to say how and then be told that I'm a racist and don't know it.... but right now I have something to do... in the real world... back later...

I honestly don't know how. I'll check your answer later then.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:28 pm
kicky wrote-

Quote:
Exactly how has Obama exploited racism?

Maybe accepted racial traits might be better kicky. That Mr Obama has struck a chord, literally, not an accident I mean, with ladies who like tall dark handsome men with a big ear coefficient and a certain looseness in their gait. A bit like a Tuareg warrior.

Nature will not be denied I'm afraid.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:32 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Two words: Vince Foster

Vince Foster is certainly a good example of a story that's only bought by the audiences I referred to, yeah.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 03:07 pm
I came in late and have not read many posts. This is not that big a deal, in and of itself, but the media and public pounces on the wounded in orgies of vindictiveness until the subject drops. To me, it seems Clinton just sought a way to parallel her candidacy to Bobby Kennedy's in the public eye, at a time when Ted Kennedy is drawing so much sympathy.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 03:16 pm
This made me laugh:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h7bzdj9RlG4
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 03:21 pm
For the record, I think it is a tempest in a teapot, and I don't think she meant anything sinister by making the assassination comment.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 05:43 pm
That's kicky's way of saying that he likes to stick with the simple stuff.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:36 pm
I'm obviously too simple to even understand what the hell you're talking about.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:38 pm
Naw,... not knowing what the hell spendius is on about just means you're sane.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:39 pm
Ah, thanks for the head's up.
0 Replies