Hillary's Assasination Comment

McGentrix

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:24 am
Seriously bear, why haven't you shed your cloths and joined the giant Obama group hug? How could you ever get through life thinking someone other then Lord Obama would be a better President? And then, DARING to post your opinions on an internet forum?! *gasp*

It's too funny watching the side show and I appreciate the show.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:42 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
teenyboone wrote:
I always say, that you people, whose ancestors were responsible for the largest holocaust in history, need an excuse to justify your wealth in exploiting Blacks and any other race you need to feed your ego of white supremacy!

"You people"?

Agreed. My ancestors didn't live in this country until far after the days of slavery.

You're painting with a too broad brush, Teeny

Cycloptichorn

Is that like saying it didn't happen, because your people weren't here? What does your family have to do with the stated facts? All I'm saying is, if the shoe fits.... Rolling Eyes

But it doesn't fit. That's the point. Generalizations about the past and what happened to people in the past, and how that relates to people today, are really not such a good idea; for every individual carries their own story and won't fit your stereotype.

It's not that it didn't happen; it's just that, well. I didn't have anything to do with it, none of my direct relatives had anything to do with it; so what you have described isn't me, though my skin is technically what you would call 'white.'

Cycloptichorn

but according to obamas church and another pastor preaching there.... that's not good enough. You still owe and should still give everything up. I look forward to hearing why I'm a racist for posting this. Supposedly Obama has disavowed this..... which is very very easy to do once the deed's been done :wink: The unity and love is becoming almost cloying in this campaign is it not? Laughing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H11x6bMu4Y

How do you disavow something before it's been done?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:55 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
but according to obamas church and another pastor preaching there.... that's not good enough. You still owe and should still give everything up. I look forward to hearing why I'm a racist for posting this.
Considering this late date; I doubt very much that this post has much to do with why you're a racist. I doubt even Wright has suggested, "You still owe and should still give up everything". Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile, if you believe the offspring of the rich have any advantage over that of the poor; it is a hideously stupid posture to then suggest the white man in general has not benefited by way of slavery.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Supposedly Obama has disavowed this..... which is very very easy to do once the deed's been done :wink: The unity and love is becoming almost cloying in this campaign is it not? Laughing

Right. I'm sure Hillary would have sniffed it out, before it was ever aired, and put a stop to it. Rolling Eyes A good start towards unity and love would be to stop posting inanely divisive nonsense at every opportunity.

A: This isn't about Wright. It's about Pfleger.... and he DOES say we whites need to be prepared to give up everything... and specifically our 401 Ks... and savings... and insurance policies.... it's right there coming out of his mouth.

B: I'm not a racist.... and if you think I am... prove it or STFU about it.

C: I did not suggest that the offspring of white men have not benefited from anything.... much less slavery.... prove that I did or STFU about it.

D: I'm sure Hillary would have disavowed it while being delighted to see it happen... just like Obama. Prove differently or STFU about it.

E: Glad to see you agree it was inanely divisive nonsense... but I wonder why you put forth that makes me a racist and a rabble rouser for posting it.... when I couldn't have posted it in the first place had it not come directly from Pfleger's mouth directly from the pulpit of Obamas church. Get it straight or STFU about it.

F: You are an entrepeneur and always at the ready to let people know of your success at it... so are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is? I can find some poor black families here in Raleigh that will benefit greatly from your investments, savings, 401 K's.... and then you will have shown your true altruistic and enlightened self from your crapopy apartment somewhere because you've given everything back. What's that you say Captain Smug? You've worked hard for what you have and the idea that you should give it away is ludicrous. Well.... either do it or STFU up about it.

G: On this particular point..... you lose pal. :wink:
0 Replies

Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:56 am
The firestorm over the comment has subsided but I no longer hear any talk about Hillary being on the ticket. Thank Goddess for that.
0 Replies

Not a Soccer Mom

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 11:59 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
but according to obamas church and another pastor preaching there.... that's not good enough. You still owe and should still give everything up. I look forward to hearing why I'm a racist for posting this.
Considering this late date; I doubt very much that this post has much to do with why you're a racist. I doubt even Wright has suggested, "You still owe and should still give up everything". Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile, if you believe the offspring of the rich have any advantage over that of the poor; it is a hideously stupid posture to then suggest the white man in general has not benefited by way of slavery.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Supposedly Obama has disavowed this..... which is very very easy to do once the deed's been done :wink: The unity and love is becoming almost cloying in this campaign is it not? Laughing

Right. I'm sure Hillary would have sniffed it out, before it was ever aired, and put a stop to it. Rolling Eyes A good start towards unity and love would be to stop posting inanely divisive nonsense at every opportunity.

A: This isn't about Wright. It's about Pfleger.... and he DOES say we whites need to be prepared to give up everything... and specifically our 401 Ks... and savings... and insurance policies.... it's right there coming out of his mouth.

C: I did not suggest that the offspring of white men have not benefited from anything.... much less slavery.... prove that I did or STFU about it.

D: I'm sure Hillary would have disavowed it while being delighted to see it happen... just like Obama. Prove differently or STFU about it.

E: Glad to see you agree it was inanely divisive nonsense... but I wonder why you put forth that makes me a racist and a rabble rouser for posting it.... when I couldn't have posted it in the first place had it not come directly from Pfleger's mouth directly from the pulpit of Obamas church. Get it straight or STFU about it.

F: You are an entrepeneur and always at the ready to let people know of your success at it... so are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is? I can find some poor black families here in Raleigh that will benefit greatly from your investments, savings, 401 K's.... and then you will have shown your true altruistic and enlightened self from your crapopy apartment somewhere because you've given everything back. What's that you say Captain Smug? You've worked hard for what you have and the idea that you should give it away is ludicrous. Well.... either do it or STFU up about it.

Link
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 12:11 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Just to be clear, is your contention that all candidates are responsible for anything said on the pulpit of a church where they are nominally members even if they no longer live in state?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 12:28 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Fair enough. I haven't bothered listening to more than the clips of the moron and likely won't. I'm not interested in Obama's Butcher's opinion either, in case that was going to be your next scoop.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You are presenting a false dilemma. I have many more options than that. Besides, you said you were looking forward to hearing why you're a racist for posting that dribble... and I merely pointed out that's probably not the reason. I don't know if you're racist, certainly have no obligation to prove anything anyway, but I sure wouldn't bet against it.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Again with the childish make-believe ultimatum. Rolling Eyes Your whimpering is indicative of someone who thinks Teeny has no valid argument. She's certainly over the top often enough, but no more so than some of those who respond as if she's completely off base.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Rolling Eyes That's sarcasm in response to your idiotic implication that Obama may have done something more satisfying than to distance himself from a position that he, himself, hasn't forwarded. Are you really that dense? I won't be trying to prove something that hasn't happened, nor STFU because of your childish temper tantrums. Rolling Eyes

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
E: Glad to see you agree it was inanely divisive nonsense... but I wonder why you put forth that makes me a racist and a rabble rouser for posting it....
I was referring to your inanely divisive nonsense.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
when I couldn't have posted it in the first place had it not come directly from Pfleger's mouth directly from the pulpit of Obamas church. Get it straight or STFU about it.
Rolling Eyes Your repetitive pouting is not very becoming.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
F: You are an entrepeneur and always at the ready to let people know of your success at it... so are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is?
I am always prepared to put my money where my mouth is, but I don't currently have too much. Had you paid more attention you would know that I'm equally ready to let people know of my lack of success at it. (The restaurants you are probably referring to failed.)
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I can find some poor black families here in Raleigh that will benefit greatly from your investments, savings, 401 K's.... and then you will have shown your true altruistic and enlightened self from your crapopy apartment somewhere because you've given everything back.
I don't think my apartment is crapopy, whatever that is, and I'll continue to choose my own charities, thanks.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
What's that you say Captain Smug?
That you might wish to learn at least a tiny clue what you're talking about, before running off at the mouth and whining childish demands.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You've worked hard for what you have and the idea that you should give it away is ludicrous. Well.... either do it or STFU up about it.
Rolling Eyes Other than responding to your uninterrupted flow of fallacious foolishness; I have yet to speak up about it.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Which particular point do you imagine you've made and what, pray tell, do you think I've lost?

Grow up BPB. You don't decide who posts, what they post, or much of anything else… and your childish repetition is beyond boring. I must really not want to tackle my next RL task to have bothered answering this blather.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 12:58 pm
For anyone interested, there was a third preacher at the Trinity United Church -

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/susan_brooks_thistlethwaite/2008/05/pfleger_bully_in_the_pulpit.html
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 02:31 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Fair enough. I haven't bothered listening to more than the clips of the moron and likely won't. I'm not interested in Obama's Butcher's opinion either, in case that was going to be your next scoop.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You are presenting a false dilemma. I have many more options than that. Besides, you said you were looking forward to hearing why you're a racist for posting that dribble... and I merely pointed out that's probably not the reason. I don't know if you're racist, certainly have no obligation to prove anything anyway, but I sure wouldn't bet against it.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Again with the childish make-believe ultimatum. Rolling Eyes Your whimpering is indicative of someone who thinks Teeny has no valid argument. She's certainly over the top often enough, but no more so than some of those who respond as if she's completely off base.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Rolling Eyes That's sarcasm in response to your idiotic implication that Obama may have done something more satisfying than to distance himself from a position that he, himself, hasn't forwarded. Are you really that dense? I won't be trying to prove something that hasn't happened, nor STFU because of your childish temper tantrums. Rolling Eyes

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
E: Glad to see you agree it was inanely divisive nonsense... but I wonder why you put forth that makes me a racist and a rabble rouser for posting it....
I was referring to your inanely divisive nonsense.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
when I couldn't have posted it in the first place had it not come directly from Pfleger's mouth directly from the pulpit of Obamas church. Get it straight or STFU about it.
Rolling Eyes Your repetitive pouting is not very becoming.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
F: You are an entrepeneur and always at the ready to let people know of your success at it... so are you prepared to put your money where your mouth is?
I am always prepared to put my money where my mouth is, but I don't currently have too much. Had you paid more attention you would know that I'm equally ready to let people know of my lack of success at it. (The restaurants you are probably referring to failed.)
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I can find some poor black families here in Raleigh that will benefit greatly from your investments, savings, 401 K's.... and then you will have shown your true altruistic and enlightened self from your crapopy apartment somewhere because you've given everything back.
I don't think my apartment is crapopy, whatever that is, and I'll continue to choose my own charities, thanks.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
What's that you say Captain Smug?
That you might wish to learn at least a tiny clue what you're talking about, before running off at the mouth and whining childish demands.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You've worked hard for what you have and the idea that you should give it away is ludicrous. Well.... either do it or STFU up about it.
Rolling Eyes Other than responding to your uninterrupted flow of fallacious foolishness; I have yet to speak up about it.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Which particular point do you imagine you've made and what, pray tell, do you think I've lost?

Grow up BPB. You don't decide who posts, what they post, or much of anything else… and your childish repetition is beyond boring. I must really not want to tackle my next RL task to have bothered answering this blather.

I'm not demanding ... just suggesting... and your constant smug know it all attitude is as repetitious, boring and childish as anything or anyone on this site IMO with one possible exception.

You accuse me clearly of being a racist and then when I call you on it.... dance around it and offer nothing except the except for the further inference that I am. Pussy playground stuff and you tell me to grow up.

If you choose your own charities then according to pfleger you're benefiting from the actions of white slave owners who came before you. That's it. It's black and white no pun intended. And to say you don't understand that crapopy is a typo of crappy is typically snarky.

If you're always prepared to put your money where your mouth is then give up everything you have in reparations to the black community... even if you don't have much. Or stay on your high horse but you're acting as usual like a little punk name calling from bwehind the screen door. IMO.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 02:33 pm
ossobuco wrote:
For anyone interested, there was a third preacher at the Trinity United Church -

http://newsweek.washingtonpost.com/onfaith/susan_brooks_thistlethwaite/20

08/05/pfleger_bully_in_the_pulpit.html

good cop bad cop.... smart politics...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 03:07 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm not demanding ... just suggesting... and your constant smug know it all attitude is as repetitious, boring and childish as anything or anyone on this site IMO with one possible exception.
One suggestion is more than sufficient, since I'll ignore it anyway. Watch how silly this is:
One suggestion is more than sufficient, since I'll ignore it anyway.
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You accuse me clearly of being a racist and then when I call you on it.... dance around it and offer nothing except the except for the further inference that I am. Pussy playground stuff and you tell me to grow up.
Laughing Well you leave me little choice since you constantly post as if you are racist, while denying it. I'm a perceptive fellow but I can't look across the internet into your soul. This leaves me little choice but to evaluate you based on what you post.

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
If you choose your own charities then according to pfleger you're benefiting from the actions of white slave owners who came before you. That's it. It's black and white no pun intended. And to say you don't understand that crapopy is a typo of crappy is typically snarky.
How can I convince you how little value I place on "according to pfleger"? Or any other moron that takes advantage of an association to obtain his/her 15 minutes?

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
If you're always prepared to put your money where your mouth is then give up everything you have in reparations to the black community... even if you don't have much. Or stay on your high horse but you're acting as usual like a little punk name calling from bwehind the screen door. IMO.
Are you still beating your wife? This is an imaginative paragraph. As nearly incomprehensibly as it's written (not to mention saturated in logical fallacy), I can only guess that it's some further challenge to live up to some idiot's standards or else I'm on a high horse? Rolling Eyes Do you ever proof read your nonsense before posting? I'd hate to think your thought process is as muddled as your posting. Shocked

As for punks behind screen doors; I am not among the majority here who post from behind phony monikers and avatars. I'm hidden from no one.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 03:11 pm
an example of how I post as a racist....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 03:27 pm
racist....

rac·ism Audio Help /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
-noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races

show an example.... any example o'bill of where I have displayed intolerance or hatred of blacks.... where I have expressed that I think blacks are inferior...or where I feel that the inherent difference in races makes anyone superior to anyone else...you can't do it... but you infer and as well as state out loud that I'm a racist... so give an example to prove this nasty accusation.... go on back to when I first joined and follow through the last years... find one example.... you can't.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 05:07 pm
Bill

A blackberry doesn't accomodate a thorough reading of any thread but a few comments off the cuff.

I feel pretty confident that your avatar is an actual representation of you mug, but in reality we only have your say so that it is.

Assuming it is, and I do, so what? If bipo wants to make it his life's goal to whupp your ass how will your posts help him find you? Should he travel to Wisconsin with a print of your face and go door to door?

I find it fascinating that some posters use their own images as avatars: Vanity? A false sense of revelation? Stultifying lack of creativity?

I hope you'll admit though that it doesn't make you a whole lot more transparent than bipo or me.

If you really want to boldly put yourself out there, put your full name, your home address, your phone number, and your e-mail address in you signature line. I really really advise against doing so, but that, and not a photo you claim to be yours is being transparent.

Having said this, I don't believe you are someone who wants to run from your words.

You may not care what Obama's butcher has to say (nor should you), but classifying Wright, Ayers, Pfleger, or ACORN organizers as his butcher is a bit disingenuous.

At what point does the fact that Obama seems to always need to denounce his associates (not his casual contacts) have a bearing on one's opinion of the guy?

Finally, you're an intelligent and fair minded guy. There's no reason to get caught up in mudslinging about racism.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 06:36 pm
Laughing For BPB's request for an example: This I received by PM as soon as I turned on this computer. It will suffice.
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3225067#3225067

Finn: You seem to forget that I was fortunate enough to meet a whole bunch of A2Kers in Chicago. There are several pictures of me on this site, some with other A2Kers. It would be quite an elaborate conspiracy, were it all contrived. Some of them traveled to one of my restaurants as well, have met me in Milwaukee, and I look forward to seeing them next time I visit Chicago. As you, and anyone who read my restaurant thread already knows, my name is Bill Ward. Several of my addresses have indeed been posted on A2K, since I posted links to some of our reviews. My home location is usually pinpointed in my location there to the left, but I have a roommate right now, so I haven't updated it out of fairness. Here in Cedarburg it would probably take anyone all of 20 minutes to locate me, anyway... but you or BPB can have my address for the asking. Frankly, I'd probably enjoy a few beers with him and I know I would with you.

I seriously doubt BPB would walk across the street to engage me physically (insert 'pack a lunch' caution here :razz:), let alone drive to Wisconsin. My phone # is only given to a chosen few; but you guys could have that too. So, no Finn, I will not admit that I am no more transparent than you. That simply isn't true.

That being said; I don't consider it any feather in my cap, am vain, do lack creativity, yadda yadda yadda. I see nothing extra right or wrong with the option of transparency, either way. I most certainly understand that some folks come online to have fun as a different persona. Many have things going on in their personal or professional lives that would make divulging their true identity detrimental to their ability to be candid. Again, there's nothing wrong with that. This side bar is the predictable result of one of the more overt members (me) being accused of hiding behind a screen. It simply isn't so, so I commented accordingly.

Now how bout that beer?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 08:54 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Laughing For BPB's request for an example: This I received by PM as soon as I turned on this computer. It will suffice.

Finn: You seem to forget that I was fortunate enough to meet a whole bunch of A2Kers in Chicago. There are several pictures of me on this site, some with other A2Kers. It would be quite an elaborate conspiracy, were it all contrived. Some of them traveled to one of my restaurants as well, have met me in Milwaukee, and I look forward to seeing them next time I visit Chicago. As you, and anyone who read my restaurant thread already knows, my name is Bill Ward. Several of my addresses have indeed been posted on A2K, since I posted links to some of our reviews. My home location is usually pinpointed in my location there to the left, but I have a roommate right now, so I haven't updated it out of fairness. Here in Cedarburg it would probably take anyone all of 20 minutes to locate me, anyway... but you or BPB can have my address for the asking. Frankly, I'd probably enjoy a few beers with him and I know I would with you.

I seriously doubt BPB would walk across the street to engage me physically (insert 'pack a lunch' caution here :razz:), let alone drive to Wisconsin. My phone # is only given to a chosen few; but you guys could have that too. So, no Finn, I will not admit that I am no more transparent than you. That simply isn't true.

That being said; I don't consider it any feather in my cap, am vain, do lack creativity, yadda yadda yadda. I see nothing extra right or wrong with the option of transparency, either way. I most certainly understand that some folks come online to have fun as a different persona. Many have things going on in their personal or professional lives that would make divulging their true identity detrimental to their ability to be candid. Again, there's nothing wrong with that. This side bar is the predictable result of one of the more overt members (me) being accused of hiding behind a screen. It simply isn't so, so I commented accordingly.

Now how bout that beer?

I'd love it!

Look me up when you come to Dallas.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 09:42 pm
how does that post fit the definition of racist..... let's hear the spin....
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 30 May, 2008 10:21 pm
Please, OBill. PLEASE tell this naval gazing sumbitch he's not a racist.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:14 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Finn: You seem to forget that I was fortunate enough to meet a whole bunch of A2Kers in Chicago. There are several pictures of me on this site, some with other A2Kers. It would be quite an elaborate conspiracy, were it all contrived.

I can confirm it: that's BILL's ugly mug in his avatar.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:21 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Now how bout that beer?

Bill:
Just an aside,
I met Joan Lee, back in 2003, when I visited St. Louis. She and I were on the NY Times, Abuzz list, way back in '99 or 2000, I believe. Lucky for me, Joan passed on, last year and I hadn't had the heart to delete her name, out of my address book. Just wanted to thank you for standing up, for me. It's okay, I've dealt with online racism, before, but not like this.

I'm married to a dear soul, who retired from the Nat'l Guard with 22 years of service, as well as 4 years in the Navy and Viet Nam veteran. I coached kids of all colors for 12 years and this much I do know, children are ALL alike! They don't ask to come here and should be treasured! You must've had good parents, because they raised an excellent MAN! Just wanted to say this in your defense. Thank you very much! 2 Cents
0 Replies