I Feel Like I'm Stuck

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:59 am
McGentrix wrote:
... Being old shouldn't be seen as a negative. Imagine if people decided you were too old to be a DJ for today's youth, Would you just give up and go sit at home? ...

Good point.

And of course with age comes wisdom and experience. Who would you rather have watching your house, the old and wise man, ... or the young whippersnapper, making the **** up as he goes along?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:03 am
when there is a mature person right in the middle that would be my first choice... and I now prepare for the "what mature person in the middle" remarks Laughing
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:04 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Nobody is trying to deprive you of your right to be concerned. I was trying to assuage those concerns. You seem to be saying, "I'm worried about x", but when someone says, "don't worry about x because x isn't really all that likely", you say "it's my right to be worried about x". I'll venture to say that you're enjoying this feeling -- which is also certainly your right. Wallow in it for a while. I remember how I felt when Kerry lost, even though he wasn't my first choice. I needed to wallow in it.

So wallow a while, but when you come up for air, take a deep breath and realize that it's not as bad as you think.

I'm not wallowing in a godddam thing.... I can't be assuaged because I am truly concerned to my core.... what will make me change my mind will be if one of them gets in office and does a good job.... but I don't see it.

Well, I hope you're wrong, of course. I was deeply concerned to my core when Bush got re-elected (didn't know enough to be concerned the first time). I guess I still am. But I just don't think either of these guys are as bad as he is, and one of them I obviously feel is head and shoulders above.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:47 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
when there is a mature person right in the middle that would be my first choice... and I now prepare for the "what mature person in the middle" remarks Laughing

Bear, I know you love her, but making up stories about being shot at in Bosnia and claiming a significant role in bringing peace to N. Ireland is not mature. Complaining about how if the rules were like the Republicans she'd have won is not mature. Agreeing to the rules in FL and MI, then trying to back out when the tide turned against her is not mature. Politically astute, maybe, maybe not, but definitely not mature. If anything, both Obama and McCain have demonstrated more "maturity" during this campaign than Clinton. Neither went nuts when the tide turned against them, rapidly changing campaign message and focus as the winds changed. Obama and McCain have warts, but to say your candidate was flushed by an ingrateful and ignorant American public doesn't match the reality of the last four months. I think Duck hit it on the head. Clinton will have a great senate career if she chooses. Grieve for a while then come back in swinging.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:49 am
To say I know you love her is pretty silly as well. I don't love her, there is no hero(ine) adulation here.... I just think she is the most qualified.... and I don't think either McCain or Obama are going to do a good job.... I will agree that ANYONE would be better than bush
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:50 am
Bear
Bear, it's up to us, the people, to make sure our new president and the partly new congress does a good job for the common good. I will be watching their actions. Wanna watch them with me?

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:53 am
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bear, it's up to us, the people, to make sure our new president and the partly new congress does a good job for the common good. I will be watching their actions. Wanna watch them with me?

BBB

if the people were doing their job bush would never had been elected.....the people are interested in short term gratification.... period. Yes, I will be watching.... but it's a spectator sport.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:55 am
This thread should have been titled,

'My candidate lost, and I'm looking to bitch about it.'

Honestly. Grow up. The idea that Obama and McCain are essentially similar in your mind shows that you don't care about any of the actual issues at all. For you would realize that McCain is the continuation of the Bush idiocy that you've been complaining about for years along with the rest of the Dems on this board; Obama would at least be a different flavor of idiocy, at worst, and at best represents someone far more ideologically aligned with you.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:59 am
I don't think they're similar at all.... and I've stated that many times... as a matter of fact I've stated many times that Obama and bush (i.e. mccain) are idealogically way apart.

Now, I've avoided any contact with you lately to keep the confrontational rhetoric at bay.... so.... put your pecker away.... no one can see it anyway.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:59 am
Cyc
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Honestly. Grow up. The idea that Obama and McCain are essentially similar in your mind shows that you don't care about any of the actual issues at all. For you would realize that McCain is the continuation of the Bush idiocy that you've been complaining about for years along with the rest of the Dems on this board; Obama would at least be a different flavor of idiocy, at worst, and at best represents someone far more ideologically aligned with you.

Cycloptichorn

You could use some growing up and learn to respect other people's opinions and stop ridiculing them. It makes you look like an arrogant brat.

BBB
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:09 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I don't think they're similar at all.... and I've stated that many times... as a matter of fact I've stated many times that Obama and bush (i.e. mccain) are idealogically way apart.

Now, I've avoided any contact with you lately to keep the confrontational rhetoric at bay.... so.... put your pecker away.... no one can see it anyway.

But you feel stuck? It should be an easy choice. You've described yourself as a Democrat in the past. One of the candidates is most like the democrat. Just how poor a job do you think he's going to do, compared to the other guy?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:10 am
Re: Cyc
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

You could use some growing up and learn to respect other people's opinions and stop ridiculing them. It makes you look like an arrogant brat.

BBB

Thanks for your opinion.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:16 am
Quote:
But you feel stuck? It should be an easy choice. You've described yourself as a Democrat in the past. One of the candidates is most like the democrat. Just how poor a job do you think he's going to do, compared to the other guy?

Cycloptichorn - No, it is NOT easy. There are Democrats along the entire left wing continuum. IMO, Obama is too far to the left to suit many moderate Democrats.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:21 am
Re: I Feel Like I'm Stuck
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
between a doddering old grandfather who wanders around talking a lot and loading his diaper.... and a little child who wanders around talking a lot and loading his diaper. I want to go out but these are my two choices to watch my house, because for reasons best know to themselves the people who own the housesitting company decided to fire the one regular adult qualified for the job.

This sucks.

Dude, we GET it. And mere allegory doesn't give your disatisfaction a fresh spin.

Just sayin'.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:22 am
garg... relax.... just sayin'... :wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:28 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:

Cycloptichorn - No, it is NOT easy. There are Democrats along the entire left wing continuum. IMO, Obama is too far to the left to suit many moderate Democrats.

Oh, really?

How does that square with those same people supporting Clinton? She was arguably farther to the left then Obama. By a lot.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:30 am
You're right, it's only 10:30, cjhsa hasn't even posted yet, I don't want to run out of barbs before noon...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:32 am
Gargamel wrote:
You're right, it's only 10:30, cjhsa hasn't even posted yet, I don't want to run out of barbs before noon...

be a marathon runner baby... not a sprinter.... much love...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:44 am
Re: Cyc
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

BBB

This might make some sense if BPB had actually offered an opinion rather than just whining.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 09:47 am
sorry pal.... not interested...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/fish-hook.jpg
0 Replies