I Feel Like I'm Stuck

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:29 am
between a doddering old grandfather who wanders around talking a lot and loading his diaper.... and a little child who wanders around talking a lot and loading his diaper. I want to go out but these are my two choices to watch my house, because for reasons best know to themselves the people who own the housesitting company decided to fire the one regular adult qualified for the job.

This sucks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,963 • Replies: 114
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:31 am
baby poop is cuter, and much less smelly

at least the baby wont smear his poop on the wall in a bout of alzheimers

or being throwing it like a monkey
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:34 am
no, but they have been known to eat their own dirty diaper.... and that's an embarrassment.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:35 am
this is true

and do it while laughing..

even Thorazine cant soothe that over.. Laughing
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:36 am
Ooo!!

the baby will love longer.

No sudden heart attacks
No health problems
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:49 am
I hear that cheese goes well with whine.

Seriously, Bear, you lose a bet or something?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 06:52 am
up yours pal.... I'm not whining... I'm expressing my concern.... the way my f*cking country is going to be run is a little more than cause for whining....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:06 am
Lots of candidates didn't win the nomination, not just Clinton.

I don't see all those supporters running around weeping and rending their clothes.

This is the way the cookie crumbled this time. Suck it up. If you really hate it so much, run for your city council or something.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:13 am
DrewDad wrote:
Lots of candidates didn't win the nomination, not just Clinton.

I don't see all those supporters running around weeping and rending their clothes.

This is the way the cookie crumbled this time. Suck it up. If you really hate it so much, run for your city council or something.

you suck it up... that's how we got where we are.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:15 am
Your **** is weak today, Bear.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:23 am
Take a deep breath, Bear. Re-examine the candidates. Remember that it's not a one man show -- Obama is likely to use some of the same advisers as Clinton. He's got many of the same priorities. If you're worried about incompetence, look at the way he has run his campaign. Whatever you want to say about him, it's clear that he knows how to choose good people, he has long range vision, and knows how to accomplish things. I think it's hard to see that right now because you had your heart set on Clinton, but if you look closely, you'll see ability and competence.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:23 am
In the end, the child will grow out of it in a few months. The old guy is only going to get worse.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:33 am
DrewDad wrote:
Your **** is weak today, Bear.

just expressing how I feel... piss off if you have a problem with it.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:34 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Take a deep breath, Bear. Re-examine the candidates. Remember that it's not a one man show -- Obama is likely to use some of the same advisers as Clinton. He's got many of the same priorities. If you're worried about incompetence, look at the way he has run his campaign. Whatever you want to say about him, it's clear that he knows how to choose good people, he has long range vision, and knows how to accomplish things. I think it's hard to see that right now because you had your heart set on Clinton, but if you look closely, you'll see ability and competence.

time will tell. I'm concerned. And that's my right.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:36 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Ooo!!

the baby will love longer.

No sudden heart attacks
No health problems

but it is subject to making impulsive unthought out decisions that I have to ultimately be responsible for..... just like the old guy...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:38 am
Nobody is trying to deprive you of your right to be concerned. I was trying to assuage those concerns. You seem to be saying, "I'm worried about x", but when someone says, "don't worry about x because x isn't really all that likely", you say "it's my right to be worried about x". I'll venture to say that you're enjoying this feeling -- which is also certainly your right. Wallow in it for a while. I remember how I felt when Kerry lost, even though he wasn't my first choice. I needed to wallow in it.

So wallow a while, but when you come up for air, take a deep breath and realize that it's not as bad as you think.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:40 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
but it is subject to making impulsive unthought out decisions that I have to ultimately be responsible for..... just like the old guy...

But this isn't really true about the person you're calling the baby in your analogy. In fact, he's been criticized often for being too plodding and deliberating too long before making decisions. He sucks in debates because he thinks too much. You may have many valid concerns about Obama, but impulsiveness isn't one of them.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:41 am
I'm with you Bear. Didn't particularly like all three of them, but I could have lived with Hillary.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:47 am
But the old guy has a lot of experience and is just an old guy. He doesn't have any dibilitating diseases (despite the slander from the left), nor has he shown a history of rash decisions. Being old shouldn't be seen as a negative. Imagine if people decided you were too old to be a DJ for today's youth, Would you just give up and go sit at home?

I understand your anger at your candidate's loss. I felt the same way in 2000 when I supported McCain. You should continue expressing yourself though as there are many people who feel the same way and your voice should be heard.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 07:48 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Nobody is trying to deprive you of your right to be concerned. I was trying to assuage those concerns. You seem to be saying, "I'm worried about x", but when someone says, "don't worry about x because x isn't really all that likely", you say "it's my right to be worried about x". I'll venture to say that you're enjoying this feeling -- which is also certainly your right. Wallow in it for a while. I remember how I felt when Kerry lost, even though he wasn't my first choice. I needed to wallow in it.

So wallow a while, but when you come up for air, take a deep breath and realize that it's not as bad as you think.

I'm not wallowing in a godddam thing.... I can't be assuaged because I am truly concerned to my core.... what will make me change my mind will be if one of them gets in office and does a good job.... but I don't see it.
0 Replies