littlek

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:36 pm
So, the director of SpEd (aka Fairy Godmother) brought in her paperwork today as she said she would. I called to set up an appt as she said I should. They don't have the paperwork. Apparently, it is hung up in the process somewhere. They have her other paperwork, but not mine. They've gone to investigate. I imagine admin reviewing my experience and trying to decide if they want to pay me the extra bucks to do this job.

I hate waiting. Really really hate it. I've been doing it for days.

Meanwhile, I just got called for an interview and turned it down. It's in my town (convenient), but it's only half-time.
0 Replies

mac11

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 01:41 pm
Ack! I'd lost track of this thread and good lord! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome, k.
littlek

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:07 pm
@mac11,
Thanks.

I feel like I have been trapped at home, waiting for phone calls for two weeks. I had friends and family stuff all weekend. I was so happy to leave the house and relax. Unfortunately, the first thing everyone asks is about work. Argh! (to those of you who have done this, I do understand you are showing your friendship, I am just so frustrated). My mother than laid a guilt trip because I was tense with her. I was stunned.

I just want a couple days of summer to enjoy.
roger

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:31 pm
@littlek,
Typical. Why should you be tense. Afterall, everyone knows "It'll all turn out for the best", at least till it happens to them.

I've been through that trapped at home thing too, waiting for a response. Most professionals will talk to voice mail, but with dial up, I couldn't even play internet when I was expecting, or at least hoping for the phone to ring.
littlek

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 02:39 pm
@roger,
Ack! Dial up would be way worse! I can't even seek other work for extra cash until this is resolved. I don't feel comfortable leaving the house.

I called back (4th time today). My paperwork had to be sent back to Fairy Godmother because it was missing some info (!?). They probably won't get it back today. The secretary to the superintendent is emailing me information for the two days of orientation on Wed and Thurs of this week. Don't worry, she says, go to this, they'll be expecting you. We'll call you in to meet the super when we get the paperwork back.

Another meanwhile story. I am getting healthcare warnings from the school district and the healthcare insurers. "Action must be taken!" No kidding.
dlowan

Mon 25 Aug, 2008 05:59 pm
@littlek,
Oh good grief!!
0 Replies

littlek

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:57 am
Signed the contract at 3:15 yesterday afternoon after two days of new staff orientation. I will be earning almost twice what I was earning. And my job probably won't be that different from what I was doing before. Last year I was a full-time 1:1 aid and helped with other needier students in the class. This year I'll be a part-time 1:1 aid and will work directly with other SpEd students in a pull out resource room. I'll have 14 I work with (including the 1:1) and will see them in smallish groups. SpEd teachers (with sped licensing) will be ultimately responsible for my students' paperwork and meetings, though I will be giving them heavy input and attending meetings myself.
FreeDuck

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:58 am
@littlek,
Congrats littlek!
littlek

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:59 am
@FreeDuck,
Thank you!
ehBeth

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:01 pm
@FreeDuck,
Thank goodness! and huge congratulations !!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:05 pm
@littlek,
whew!
0 Replies

littlek

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:06 pm
Thanks! Now if I could calm my gut.....
sozobe

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:07 pm
@littlek,
Whoo-hoo! What a roller coaster. You're there though! Signed contract!

Huge congrats, Miss K.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:11 pm
@littlek,
Well done! Congratulations!
roger

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 12:56 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
About damn time.
jespah

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 01:46 pm
@littlek,
Always knew you could do it. Verra, verra proud of you.
0 Replies

mac11

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 02:37 pm
@littlek,
WOO-HOO! Congratulations!!
0 Replies

JPB

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 02:51 pm
Yeehaw!!!!

Congrats, littlek. Very glad to hear it's all worked out for the best.
0 Replies

littlek

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 05:35 pm
@roger,
No kidding!

Thank you thank you thank you all.
0 Replies

dlowan

Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:56 pm
@littlek,
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO happy for you!!!