caribou

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:09 pm
Congrats!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:10 pm
@littlek,
OK! Good going. I worry slightly about FGodmother, but you can deal with her, and there's always someone to deal with.. besides, she seems very straightforward, a good thing.
Excellent re the pay, as in income, also a jump up in the system on payscale, re resume.
roger

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Darn right about the resume, osso. I've known people to start working on the next job (resume, portfolio, networks, etc.) as soon as they start their current position.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:49 pm
I just left a ph0ne message declining the TA job I was offered (ack, a message! But better they know sooner than later). So, I guess I am at Fairy Godmother's mercy at this point.

<breathing>

I wish I knew more. This job will be tough. I'll be doing the job of 2 people, in effect, for the pay of one. I spoke with the Previous Principal and he says this will be a good job for me to use to fill out my resume (he offered jobs I REALLY didn't want).

(edit: out of district principal just called back to thank me for the interview and wish me luck - THAT'S quality. Now I hope I made the right choice).
sozobe

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 12:54 pm
@littlek,
Oh wow! Progress! Jobs being offered! (They always come in multiples, don't they? Just to make things a little more complicated...)

The "at the mercy" part makes me nervous, especially given the .01% chance that the previous one wouldn't work out -- or is this the previous one, after all?

Two jobs for the price of one also makes me nervous -- but you work so hard anyway and it'd be great to see you making a living wage...!

Everything crossed for ya...
0 Replies

dlowan

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:03 pm
So...Little k has a TEACHING job, right????

littlek

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:18 pm
@dlowan,
It isn't a classroom teaching job where I am the head teacher. It is a job where I REteach a group of kids with special needs outside of their classroom.
Rockhead

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:29 pm
@littlek,
Congrats, Lil'K...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 06:05 pm
@littlek,
This is a great step forward.

Have you got a written contract in your hands?
littlek

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 08:15 pm
@ehBeth,
NO! Ya know, I don't think I have ever had a written contract.

Will contact the Fairy Godmother tomorrow.
ehBeth

Tue 19 Aug, 2008 08:20 pm
@littlek,
hmm, maybe it's different there. Here, nothing happens work-wise without a written job offer. Our school boards are big on contracts.
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 04:10 pm
@littlek,
oh.my.f'ing.god.

I'm going to kill her. I have been sititng and waiting today, worried that the other shoe would drop. It just did. oopsie, maybe there isn't that job I told you about. I'll let you know in a day or two.

Do I even want to work for this fickle FG?
littlek

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 04:21 pm
@littlek,
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, now things are all set again. 5 minutes later. She thinks.
sozobe

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 04:39 pm
@littlek,
Oh my god!!!

This is crazy!

Yeah, I gotta wonder a bit about working for/ with her after this rollercoaster...
littlek

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 04:40 pm
@sozobe,
I just want it down on paper.
sozobe

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 04:43 pm
@littlek,
Yeah.

Fingers crossed.
littlek

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 04:46 pm
@sozobe,
She had contacted Previous Principal to see if he still had a position for me BEFORE she called me. He gave her a little grief, I think. But, he does still have a position.

It would have been better to take the out-of-district position than what PP has to offer. But, that's no longer an option.

Keeping myself crosses as well.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 04:47 pm
@littlek,
what the hell Evil or Very Mad
littlek

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 05:00 pm
@ehBeth,
I wish I knew.
dlowan

Wed 20 Aug, 2008 05:01 pm