quinn1

Wed 7 May, 2008 08:01 pm
Hehehe..I meant you could send copies to me, I could scan and email to you if it came down to it.
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 7 May, 2008 08:03 pm
Ah (slow here). I think that might take too long. I should figure this out by friday.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Wed 7 May, 2008 08:16 pm
My scanner works. If you leave it for me on the kitchen table, I can scan it in.

I would add zero frills. CV and LOI on resume paper, otherwise plain paper. No colorful images.... I'd skip all plastic things and binders, too.... and this from me, the lover of frilly colorful things.
Many people hate all that extra stuff. Also, if they want to make copies, it should be as easy as possible- so go light on binding anything. Paper clips might in fact be the way to go, or a staple at most.
0 Replies

quinn1

Wed 7 May, 2008 08:22 pm
LOOK! help for the scanning right there!!
Fabulous!
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 7 May, 2008 08:37 pm
Thanks Dasha! That's great!

I bought plain, off-white paper folders with pockets. The have the metal clips for hole-punched papers. I was not intending to use that function.

The resume and letter of interest are in the left hand pocket. The rest of the paper work is in the right hand pocket. One letter of reference is stapled because it runs over to two pages. Everything on the right hand side is paper clipped with a color-coated star-shaped paper clip. I bought colored velum and regular colored paper to use as a back drop for my name which I was planning to affix to the front of the folders as a label.
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 7 May, 2008 09:01 pm
There's a stack on the table. If you want me to do it and you trust me with your scanner, let me know.
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 14 May, 2008 03:18 pm
I was invited for a job interview at the school I now work at. The secretary couldn't tell me what position I will interviewing for. It's next Tuesday after school.
0 Replies

dlowan

Wed 14 May, 2008 04:53 pm
littlek wrote:
I was invited for a job interview at the school I now work at. The secretary couldn't tell me what position I will interviewing for. It's next Tuesday after school.

Crossing everything for you!!!!

Go goil!!!!
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 14 May, 2008 06:07 pm
Thanks, bunny.
0 Replies

sozobe

Wed 14 May, 2008 06:10 pm
Good luck...!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Wed 14 May, 2008 06:13 pm
littlek wrote:

That sounds promising! Good luck with the interview, littlek.
0 Replies

mac11

Wed 14 May, 2008 06:24 pm
That's great! Good luck!
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 14 May, 2008 06:33 pm
Thanks all. I just wish I knew more. Like what they're interviewing me for. Maybe I'll ask at my job evaluation on Friday morning.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Thu 15 May, 2008 06:00 am
Littlek--

Good luck.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 20 May, 2008 02:41 pm
Eh, I feel depressed. I must not have done well.
0 Replies

Thomas

Tue 20 May, 2008 03:41 pm
Feeling depressed doesn't mean anything. I always feel depressed after big interviews, exams, and the like. These situations just have a way of sucking all your energy out of you, so of course you're a wreck when they're over.

Were there a lot of questions you didn't have a good answer to? Did you notice many negative reactions in your interviewer? If not, your interview may not have gone so badly at all.

Get well soon.
0 Replies

dlowan

Tue 20 May, 2008 03:53 pm
When do you find out, L'il k?
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 20 May, 2008 04:04 pm
Thomas, there was a panel of interviewers. I couldn't watch them all at once. I'm pretty sure the parent liason wasn't knocked out. The others know me. They seemed to be encouraging me. I think I didn't give great answers for a couple questions regarding the set up of my curriculum programs (writing). Also, the one about how other people view me always throws me off.

dlowan, next week the short list gets invited back to teach a lesson in a classroom. Yikes!
0 Replies

dlowan

Tue 20 May, 2008 04:11 pm
littlek wrote:
Thomas, there was a panel of interviewers. I couldn't watch them all at once. I'm pretty sure the parent liason wasn't knocked out. The others know me. They seemed to be encouraging me. I think I didn't give great answers for a couple questions regarding the set up of my curriculum programs (writing). Also, the one about how other people view me always throws me off.

dlowan, next week the short list gets invited back to teach a lesson in a classroom. Yikes!

Yikes indeed!!!!

You'll knock their socks off.......(I don't mean literally, as pertains to the children, of course.....)
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 20 May, 2008 04:35 pm
I'll have a week to develop a lesson plan to fit into the current topic of the classroom I'll teach......
0 Replies