littlek

Tue 6 May, 2008 05:32 pm
So, the application packet has been sent in to the superintendent's office of the district I work for now.

I want to put in a note to the principals I have worked with, as there are openings in both school next year. I don't know what to say. Something like "Heads up, I sent my info to the super and would love a position in your school!" but more formal (obviously).

Also, I have names, numbers and addresses for all the district offices and elementary schools in three towns which abut my own (closer than the district I now work in). To those towns unfamiliar with me, I am planning to send the superintendent a packet, but also send a packet to each elementary principal.

I am trying to figure out how to pack my packet. Do I buy small plastic folders of some sort? Do I enclose each piece of documentation in a plastic sleeve? Do I add colorful images? Should I copy documents onto colored paper? Should I send a mug-shot?

Or, do I just send the papers in a plain envelop?
0 Replies

quinn1

Tue 6 May, 2008 05:46 pm
lilk are you saying you are sending the ones you have worked with previously their own packets? I'm thinking no - just letting them know Super is getting it. Maybe you should just send them a formal letter letting them know what you are doing so they know??

Have you asked others how they have sent their packages out? I would suggest plain envelope or folder but I wouldn't want to not go with the "norm".
0 Replies

quinn1

Tue 6 May, 2008 05:46 pm
Well, if the supers were so inclined maybe a nekkid shot?? J/k.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 6 May, 2008 06:06 pm
Not too showy, then. I haven't asked around.
0 Replies

Diane

Tue 6 May, 2008 06:17 pm
Honey, you need to consider Quinn's last post....How could they resist after that?
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 6 May, 2008 06:25 pm
Um, it's been a while since you've seen me, Diane.
0 Replies

fishin

Tue 6 May, 2008 07:03 pm
littlek wrote:
I am trying to figure out how to pack my packet. Do I buy small plastic folders of some sort? Do I enclose each piece of documentation in a plastic sleeve? Do I add colorful images? Should I copy documents onto colored paper? Should I send a mug-shot?

Or, do I just send the papers in a plain envelop?

I'd put your entire package in a binder/portfolio folder but I wouldn't do indivuidual document protectors for each page. And no colored paper either! Plain white or maybe a light ivory - good quality paper too. Not the cheap stuff you buy at Walmart. :wink: Go buy nice paper from a stationary store. Personally, I find inserted inages to bit a bit "off" in a resume package. And some can be downright awful. A light decorative image used as a border or top/bottom image on each page can be a nice touch though.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 6 May, 2008 08:16 pm
Thanks fishin!
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 6 May, 2008 08:18 pm
Just did my first online application - with Arlington. I need to figure out how to send them my paper via the internet. My scanner is wonky. Will try tomorrow.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 6 May, 2008 08:28 pm
*^#^%$!%%*&(~!

I got 2 scans done on different settings and then the scanner and the imaging program spazzed and shut down.
0 Replies

Diane

Tue 6 May, 2008 09:11 pm
Gosh, littlek, that's maddening. You need a neighbor who happens to be a computer geek.

I love computers, but I'm almost old enough to remember when Wells Fargo wan't a bank. There's something to be said for snail mail. Cool
0 Replies

quinn1

Wed 7 May, 2008 07:45 am
Scanning is a great idea - when it works!! Sorry k!!
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 7 May, 2008 04:12 pm
So, when I rebooted today, I tried again. It scanned to the end and quit on me before I could save a copy.
0 Replies

quinn1

Wed 7 May, 2008 04:40 pm
rh.?gnthtl(gh&tlshnt@!!!!!!
That blows.

Are you scanning multiple pages at once? Have you tried one at a time if you are?
0 Replies

quinn1

Wed 7 May, 2008 04:40 pm
Silly Question.
If you are sending them electronically - do you not have them in word format?
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 7 May, 2008 04:55 pm
All of the recommendations came on paper. I am scanning using a flat-bed scanner (maybe 8 years old!) - one page at a time.
0 Replies

quinn1

Wed 7 May, 2008 05:16 pm
Good Lord Gal. Problems.

You can come here and scan if you really need to but, I'm guessing you could do something easier?
Offer is there though if it will help you out!
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 7 May, 2008 07:38 pm
Thanks, quinn. I think I can do it at my sister's house.
0 Replies

quinn1

Wed 7 May, 2008 07:41 pm
If not - you are more than welcome here! Not a problem!

You could even snail mail copies if you wanted.
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 7 May, 2008 07:49 pm
The Arlington website said "DO NOT SEND PAPER!"
0 Replies