Thomas

Tue 20 May, 2008 04:42 pm
Littlek, I don't mean to be intrusive, but somewhere between your lines I seem to be reading that you could use a hug. If that's the case, consider yourself hugged hereby.

And now, good luck with the lesson plan.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 20 May, 2008 05:17 pm
You're right, Thomas, I could use a hug, thanks. I'll be getting a good one from my little sister who arrives with her toddler tomorrow. She'll be here for a couple weeks and we'll all be at our parents' house this long weekend.

I would get a jump start on my lesson if I knew what I was teaching. I won't know that until next week.

In the mean time, I put in for a personal day this Thursday. I'll have time to visit with my little sister and time to hand deliver some resumes and documents to other schools.
0 Replies

Thomas

Tue 20 May, 2008 06:15 pm
Sounds like a plan. Enjoy your personal day, your sister, and your niece. And score a dream job with your new applications. My fingers are crossed for you.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 20 May, 2008 07:15 pm
Thanks on all counts.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 20 May, 2008 09:09 pm
hey, i hope you're just imagining things. i know how intimidating and discouraging committees can be. plus, an interview is a big thing. it's ok to feel a bit depressed afterwards.
the next one will be a little better, and the next one awesome...and hopefully there will be quite a few of next ones, so that you can pick the best job for you.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 20 May, 2008 09:11 pm
This was definitely a little bit better than the last one. Knocking out cover letters for multiple other districts tonight. I even sent a friendly email to my own elementary school - my 4th grade teacher is now the principal.

I need more transcripts.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Tue 20 May, 2008 09:16 pm
sorry i didn't have time to get bear Crying or Very sad . i bet that would make it all better.
0 Replies

littlek

Tue 20 May, 2008 09:45 pm
Heehee, I definitely don't need bear! Beer would maybe have been better than gin tonight, but gin did the job.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Wed 21 May, 2008 08:20 am
Littlek--

Waiting is the hardest part.

You've probably noticed that your fans on A2K are more optimistic than you are? We know you better than you know yourself.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

JPB

Wed 21 May, 2008 08:30 am
Just saw this thread...

No words of wisdom, just letting you know that I'm reading, caring, and sending positive vibes along with good luck wishes.
0 Replies

mac11

Wed 21 May, 2008 10:02 am
Good wishes and positive vibes coming from me too!
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 21 May, 2008 11:03 am
I hope the job pays well - jeepers what kind of interview is that - quite a difficult one. The good news is - if it was difficult for a smart cookie like you - it must have been hard on others as well.

Luck (not that you need it) sent your way
0 Replies

ehBeth

Wed 21 May, 2008 04:40 pm
vibing along north of the border
0 Replies

littlek

Wed 21 May, 2008 06:42 pm
Thanks all.....
0 Replies

littlek

Thu 22 May, 2008 08:19 am
Well, they finally got back to me about the summer position. I will be working at the extended program. It's not much, but I do have that year-round paycheck from school to live on. This keeps me in the school which is important right now. It's only 12 hours per week (mornings) so I can make more cash afterwards doing.... um... gardening?

One big block lifted from the pile on my shoulders.
0 Replies

sozobe

Thu 22 May, 2008 08:20 am
Congrats!
0 Replies

littlek

Thu 22 May, 2008 08:23 am
Thanks! Now I need to get a job for next year, figure out my living situation, and start paying off my $25,000 debt.
0 Replies

sozobe

Thu 22 May, 2008 08:36 am
That's all? Pshaw.

Er.

You probably already know this -- and I'm not sure of the nature of your debt -- but for a lot of student loans you can get significant reductions in how much you owe (and sometimes cancellations) depending on where you teach and/ or what subjects you teach.
0 Replies

Thomas

Thu 22 May, 2008 08:48 am
littlek wrote:
One big block lifted from the pile on my shoulders.

Glad to hear it. I'm sure other blocks will follow soon.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Thu 22 May, 2008 11:07 am
Littlek--

You are not only gainfully employed, you are gainfully employed in one of your fields of expertise.

Go, girl! Go!
0 Replies