found homemade dildo and vibrator in 14 y.o. daughters rm.

toast

Reply Thu 21 May, 2009 11:32 pm
@PamO,
Was the 18 year old guy's name Nathan?
0 Replies

ttaaylor1221

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 09:55 am
@PamO,
you know im 15 and even I have done some of the things that your daughter has done. This is what my parents did and I think it should help. my mom made my cousin (who I am very close to) give me the "talk" this way I was comfortable and i didnt feel weird about it after. Dont sneak in her room because then she will lose trust in you and she can do do whatever she is doing other places. next most important thing is keep dropping her off with friends, but make her text or call you and have her tell you where she is. I will go to the movies and then go over to the mall with friends but I tell my parents that so that they know. I am dating a 23 yearold and like i said im 15. but we dont have sex and we dont do anything along those lines. so as long as you know that they arent having sex and that he is a good guy i wouldnt worry to much. Another thing you can do is keep her busy so she doesnt have time to fool around with other guys. make her do more sports or what not. These are things that I have personaily done and it helps alot. also get her a purity ring from purityring.com i have had 2 (only because the first one was to small) and they arent the crappy ones that stand out, they are really cool looking.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 09:57 am
@ttaaylor1221,
Quote:
I am dating a 23 yearold and like i said im 15.

Ack!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 10:36 am
@ttaaylor1221,
ttaaylor1221 wrote:
also get her a purity ring from purityring.com i have had 2 (only because the first one was to small) and they arent the crappy ones that stand out, they are really cool looking.

Yeah, make sure and get the cool-looking ones, because those crappy purity rings don't work worth a damn.
NickFun

Reply Wed 10 Jun, 2009 12:22 pm
@joefromchicago,
One of my ex-girlfriends (I can't recall which one) bought me one of those purity rings. Totally cool and a great way to meet chicks!
0 Replies

momof6

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 06:38 pm
I am reading a lot about preventing pregnancy. What about diseases? As a former toy playing teen let me just say.....

She may use it or may just be checking out how condoms work. Either way you should have a conversation with her. With my kids we talk about sex openly that I can just make a comment openly without making a big sit down deal out of it. Mention you were looking in her room for the mouse (or pizza) and that you are proud of her for learning about things to keep her safe and healthy, then let it go for a day.

About the 18 year old MAN in her life. Since you have internet service show her the state laws for age of consent and how he is old enough but she is not. That while you are proud of her maturity for exploring safety with condoms, the government simply does not agree that she is able to make a choice to have sex. Tell her to protect her boyfriend, she should not consent until legally able to do so. If she already did, this is ok, but to stop now so no harm comes. Make sure this doesn't come off as a threat, but a genuine concern for her life and happiness. That anyone could report if they knew, etc.

This way you are on her side, she will begin trusting you again, and no rebellion based older boyfriend.

Congratulations on your recovery.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 07:39 pm
I agree with the idea that you can look into her room. She needs to know that there are no "secrets" about sex, drugs, school,. who she hangs with, and other issues that can get her in trouble. That's what parenting is. Lots of freedom within structure.

This has to be done with love and lots of humor. In fact, I'd say "Hey, putting away your socks the other day I found your homemade, play-doh penis. What's up with that? Building yourself a man?" - or something like that. Make a joke about your finding it. Start off the conversation with no confrontation.

They say 10 is the new 15, so figure out what your 14 year old is . . .

0 Replies

adamxD

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 06:47 pm
@squinney,
hi pamO
Like PamO said she is just scoping this stuff out and i think she is great not embarrising her because when i first had sex at the age of 15 my dad caught me while i was in the middle of it and i thought i was going to die when he shouted it all round the house where alllllll my family were so leave her to it but just talk about the achual thing and condoms commitment her body ect ect ....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 10:29 pm
oh please! Rolling Eyes
Learn how to spell and how to write a coherent sentence and maybe, just maybe we'll understand whatever the hell it is you're trying to tell us.
hawkeye10

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 11:17 pm
@eoe,
a demand to obtain standards.....now there is a refreshing blast from the past. That will go over like a fart in church, the youth have been raised to believe that standards are discriminatory and thus unfair and thus not to be demanded.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 2 Jul, 2009 08:09 am
pish posh!
0 Replies

ThisIsNotLookingGood

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 02:48 am
You're FAR too protective. Maybe the ducking behind the rack with boys was deserving of some intervention, but monitoring her and invading privacy is just plain cruel. But that's not all folks, what if she reads this? The internet has many twists and turns where anyone can find anything. You snuck around and found private things of your daughter's and then posted about it on the internet.

Honestly, I think you're a silly parent who doesn't have a clue what they're doing to their child. And so is anyone who agrees with what you're doing.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 06:28 am
purity rings

23 year old guys with 15 year old kids

acshully not saying n e thing

anyone else embarassed to be in this country yet?

For fucks sake.
Let your child masturbate. Talk to her about it. Masturbation wont get her pregnant. but stop making a big deal about it. Sex is NOT A BAD THING.
I hate this society for making people fell otherwise.
NickFun

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 08:43 am
@shewolfnm,
I'm beginning to think masturbation should be taught in schools. However, some parents may object to the homework assignments.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2009 08:51 am
you would have a whole lot more kids at home in the evenings i tell you what..
0 Replies

bluefire

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 09:53 pm
@Ragman,
Ah.. That's EXACTLY how I feel with my parents. If I tell my mom or my dad anything, they over react, and then they wonder why I worry about things. It's when I get out of therapy, my mom says, what did you talk about at the therapists today? Did you talk about you're room being a mess? (She thinks I have no self-respect because I can't walk around my room or see the floor.) I'll answer her, no, but I was talking about Jake. (kid I have a huge crush on) and Barbera, (school bully who smokes pot with her friends.) She'll over react to the fact that I'm talking about things that are bothering me the most. You SHOULD be talking about you're lack of self respect and your low self esteem, yada yada yada (yes, i go to therapy. I have serious depression issues, as well as my mother and sister. But my sister was worse off, and this is because she never got help.)
So, you need to show you're daughter that she can trust you. If you don't have a problem with her masturbating, then tell her, for gods sake. If you do have a problem with it, break it to her gently. If it's one thing I, and several other people my age hate is when their parents overreact to things they don't think are such a big deal.
panzade

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 09:49 am
@bluefire,
Nice post bluefire. The fact that you're dealing with your depression speaks volumes about your maturity. Have mercy on your parents, someday you'll be one too.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 05:07 pm
@bluefire,
When Parents (or any adult) displays an obviously warped priority system/value system it is almost impossible for kids to take them seriously about anything. Kids will pretend to care and pretend to conform in order to keep the peace, but the parents are forever done being teachers.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 10:29 pm
Parents, unfortunately, are only human.
0 Replies

tandt001

Reply Sun 27 Dec, 2009 11:56 am
dear everone
im 12 and i masturbate. no one has found out yet(phew)
the thing is i no how it feels and you need to experiment. i tried moulding blutack in a penis shape but the thhing was i cud never get it right. i tried everything including my mums hairbrush handle. i finnally found a good sized pen. i think you shoould start to give her hints that you no that she masturbates lyke put things that u know that she uses or give her new things to experimant with llyke pens. try that for a week a then start a convo with her
i need some advise to plez
0 Replies