found homemade dildo and vibrator in 14 y.o. daughters rm.

squinney

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 01:53 pm
Something rather difficult for me to deal with was that todays 14 is like 18 for most of us here. They aren't just developing faster, they are growing up in every way much faster than we did. And, if you are going to let them out out of their room, be it at the mall, grocery store, school - public or private, ... They are gonna be exposed to things you wish they weren't.

No matter if you are the ultimate perfect parent, they are separate beings with their own ideas and own decisions to make. We are here to guide them and give them the foundation for sound judgement. We just can't always be there to make the judgement for them.

And, that sucks.

(to use one of their own phrases)
PamO

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 01:53 pm
Very kind and eloquent. Thank you Mame.
0 Replies

Miklos7

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 01:58 pm
PamO,

Congratulations on finishing your cancer treatment. May you now be well forever.

Don't be concerned by your daughter's attitude. Almost all young teenagers have one--some quietly, some in-your-face. Our older daughter, now nearing 40, still occasionally apologizes for being so awful when she was 12-15. We tell her, hey, it can often go with the territory; forget it!

A fierce case of attitude in our daughter did not get in the way of our communicating about sex--and, if sex, then safe sex. She was NOT interested in risking getting pregnant, and she listened carefully and asked pertinent questions. Then, she went back to giving us lip!

Hang in there. Speak from the heart--and speak practical thoughts--and you'll do fine.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:04 pm
on a serious note... I'm very happy for you to have finished your treatments and I hope you become cancer free for the rest of your long and healthy life.

If your daughter is this bright then just harp on safe sex and good decisions all the time... she will hate you for it for awhile... and get puke sick of hearing it.... but at some point it will sink in.

Stay out of her room if you can, but on the other hand it's not her room it's yours. You just allow her to stay in it. Privacy is a right, but like all other rights it can be taken away if taken advantage of.

as far as masturbating.... who cares?
0 Replies

PamO

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:09 pm
Thank you. You've all helped so much! Some things you just can't tell others...and it's good to hear your warm words.

She will be something wonderful one day...perhaps a really good sex therapist.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:10 pm
With her own show! Cool
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 02:20 pm
PamO wrote:
...perhaps a really good sex therapist.

Laughing Love it!
0 Replies

KittyLynnxox

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 06:02 pm
omg
I would DIE if my mother found anything like that. Luckily I'm not dumb enough to hide it where snooping family members wont pry. I'm all for you being concerned but don't you think its a bit far going through her myspace, computer and room? Its an invasion of privacy, if you really want to know whats going on her life start talking to her and not sneak around and snoop! I mean my mother doesn't care about my life one bit, but if she was snooping around my room I would NOT trust her at all. I don't have a mother figure but I do understand lack of privacy. Now all I would want is for my mother to talk to me and ask me whats going on. build her trust..don't force it.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 06:05 pm
So, where DO you hide your dildo?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 06:20 pm
I'm real big on privacy, but I gotta say something about kids and MY SPACE.

No teen should have their own unmonitored my space page.

I hadda wipe my nieces about 8 months ago, and as much as I love her,

KIDS DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE DANGER OF THE INTERNET

There were all kinds of crazy things starting to happen, the final bell to alert my sis being a drunk kid (20's) in Texas who came up with a phone number...

It coulda been much worse.

RH
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 06:24 pm
Nu-huh.

Adults are just clueless. they THINK they know everything but they dont.
No one can REACH you through the internet. Not at all.

[size=7]you people are not even real[/size]
Chai

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 07:34 pm
pssst....when she tells me where she hides her dildo, I'm gonna tell her mom.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:01 pm
you should jut take it and sell it.

5 bucks
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:17 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

5 bucks

Shewolf, before you buy make sure it's not one of these new-fangled play-doh models. No resale value on those things.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:27 pm
I've got a question...do virgins usually do dildos?
Someone asked about birth control earlier. I'd say that was something to seriously consider.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:29 pm
who around here could answer that? besides kicky and primotivo I mean....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 02:42 pm
shewolfnm wrote:

5 bucks

A woman walks into an adult store to purchase a dildo.

She points to an 8" white one and asks "how much is that?"
The clerk tells her $15.00
She points to a 12" black one and says "how about that one?"
That one would be $35.00
"And that 18" plaid one? What does that cost?"
That one goes for $175.

The woman says "I'll take them all" and leaves a happy customer.

The owner of the shop stops by later and asks the clerk how business has been that day.

"Great" he said, "I've sold 2 dildos and my thermos"
0 Replies

Robert Brown

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 01:39 am
@Ragman,
"She chose to be sneaky for a REASON."
The REASON is because she knew she was breaking parental rules.
Don't loose sight of who is the parent and who is the child. Children need boundaries and consequences for crossing them.
David831

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 05:08 am
@Mame,
You people are ridiculous. We teens know what were doing and know of the danger involved. We just don't care. Snooping around our rooms is a way to show that you don't trust us and will make us create more places for us to hide things. I myself cut out a section of my wall,which can be replaced, to hide my personal items; drugs, magazines, pictures of my girlfriend, etc...

You as parents must learn that we will always keep secrets. We will always put ourselves in danger, just to feel the rush of adrenaline.

End
joefromchicago

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 07:26 am
@David831,
David831 wrote:
We teens know what were doing and know of the danger involved. We just don't care.

Best. Summary. Ever.