OMG! Is It Possible?

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 09:53 am
Settttttttttttttttttttttttttantttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttta wrote:
I think the burden of Habibi's post zipped right over Roxxxxxxy's head . . .

I doubt that.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 09:56 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
I hate to belabor the point but I am geting annoyed by the misogynist attacks.

I dont think "arrogant, socially-retarded moron" counts as misogynist...

(Seriously, where did that came from? Misogynist?)
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:06 am
nimh wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
I hate to belabor the point but I am geting annoyed by the misogynist attacks.

I dont think "arrogant, socially-retarded moron" counts as misogynist...

(Seriously, where did that came from? Misogynist [attacks]?)

From the misogynists, obviously.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:08 am
Damn,
Next time I've never heard of a TV show someone references, I will be sure to not say anything.
The reference was originally aimed at me, so I apologize for starting this brouhaha by admitting I didnt understand the reference.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:09 am
If a white racist calls a black person a moron, it doesn't necessarily mean the black person isn't stupid, does it?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:09 am
and you ought to you misogynist bastard. :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:18 am
Roxxxanne wrote:

I doubt that.

You doubt it because you failed to understand it. Habibi was saying to it was absurd to suggest that you were representative of any class of individuals having family resemblance.

This is what he wrote:

nimh wrote:
Count me nonplussed that one stupid Roxxxanne post can have both you and BPB make generalisations about what Obama supporters are like, but that a dozen reasonable Sozobe, FreeDuck or Engineer posts never seem to be taken to mean anything about Obama supporters.

I think you two just have a preconception about Obama supporters that you will accept any slightest illustration of as evidence, while you'll instinctively dismiss any volume of counterexamples immediately. Fine, but then the observation says nothing about anything except your own predisposition.

I mean, come on, once you're describing Roxxxanne as representative example of anything, you're out on a limb, right?

So, what he was saying is that it is unreasonable to make you an example of supporters of Obama's candidacy. He was saying that you are not a representative of all Obama supporters--and was pointing out in the process that others here who support Obama are not themselves held up as representative Obama supporters. Basically, he was saying that the response to you was unjustified.

But then, you write this:

Roxxxanne wrote:
Like your POV is representative of anything?

Which makes it obvious that you completely failed to understand what Habibi was saying in that post.

Therefore, i pointed out, and in light of your response to me, i reiterate, that the burden of Habibi's post zipped right over your head.

Your paranoia is clouding whatever judgment you claim to have. The claims about misogyny here lately only reinforce that.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:26 am
Setanta wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

I doubt that.

You doubt it because you failed to understand it. Habibi was saying to it was absurd to suggest that you were representative of any class of individuals having family resemblance.

This is what he wrote:

nimh wrote:
Count me nonplussed that one stupid Roxxxanne post can have both you and BPB make generalisations about what Obama supporters are like, but that a dozen reasonable Sozobe, FreeDuck or Engineer posts never seem to be taken to mean anything about Obama supporters.

I think you two just have a preconception about Obama supporters that you will accept any slightest illustration of as evidence, while you'll instinctively dismiss any volume of counterexamples immediately. Fine, but then the observation says nothing about anything except your own predisposition.

I mean, come on, once you're describing Roxxxanne as representative example of anything, you're out on a limb, right?

So, what he was saying is that it is unreasonable to make you an example of supporters of Obama's candidacy. He was saying that you are not a representative of all Obama supporters--and was pointing out in the process that others here who support Obama are not themselves held up as representative Obama supporters. Basically, he was saying that the response to you was unjustified.

But then, you write this:

Roxxxanne wrote:
Like your POV is representative of anything?

Which makes it obvious that you completely failed to understand what Habibi was saying in that post.

Therefore, i pointed out, and in light of your response to me, i reiterate, that the burden of Habibi's post zipped right over your head.

Your paranoia is clouding whatever judgment you claim to have. The claims about misogyny here lately only reinforce that.

For Habibi's (at least I know who the f*** Habibi is now) post to go over my head I would have had to read it.

Before you burden me with actually having to read another one of your overwrought posts, let me make it clear that my "I doubt it" response merely reflected the belief that very little goes over my head. (as much as you would like to think it does)
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:31 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
and you ought to you misogynist bastard. :wink:

One need only to go to this thread to witness the misogynist nature of the men and even some of the women here.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:39 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
For Habibi's (at least I know who the f*** Habibi is now) post to go over my head I would have had to read it.

So, you quoted and responded to his post, but you didn't read it?

Quote:
Before you burden me with actually having to read another one of your overwrought posts, let me make it clear that my "I doubt it" response merely reflected the belief that very little goes over my head. (as much as you would like to think it does)

Belief is the operative word here, because it is not at all certain that very much fails to go over your head.

You do provide excellent comic relief, though.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:43 am
Setanta wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

So, you quoted and responded to his post, but you didn't read it?

Quote:

Belief is the operative word here, because it is not at all certain that very much fails to go over your head.

You do provide excellent comic relief, though.

I glanced at it and responded to what I glanced at and that was that he insulted me and that is what I responded to.

Now that I read and re-read the post, my reaction was entirely appropriate and your claim that it went over my head would require you being a mind-reader. Something that you clearly are not.

Now it's clear to me that my posts go over YOUR head as they are mostly meant to be comic relief, genius.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:48 am
He didn't insult you, other than remarking that you had made a stupid post. You want us to believe that very little goes over your head, when you here admit that you quoted and responded to his post without actually having read and understood it. Insert extravagant rolly-eyed emoticon here.

In fact, Habibi was coming to your defense to the extent that he was saying that it was wrong for people to take a silly post you made, and extrapolate that into a condemnation of supporters of Obama. He was also pointing out that people had done that, when they had not claimed that other Obama supporters are representative of a class. The more you respond to this, the more convinced i am that there is probably a great deal of what people post here which zips right over your head.

Tell me about how Habibi is a misogynist. Are you going to tell me that i'm a misogynist, too?

Free entertainment . . . you just can't beat it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:52 am
He called my post stupid and my POV unreasonable, Svengali.

Yup, my posts are entertaining but not in the insulting sense you portray them. It's sad that you life is so devoid that you have nothing better to do.

Again, you try to read my mind and respond to what you think I said rather than what I actually say. You have issues.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:05 am
I don't have any issues with you. Habibi said you had made one stupid post--and he nowhere said that your point of view is unreasonable. Seems to me that you're the one attempting to claim that you can read the minds of others.

As for quality of life, yours must be no better than mine, if you are going to consider this tit-for-tat passage as evidence of a lack of said quality.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:25 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
snood wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Mystery Science Theater... a boring nothing little cult following show... sort of more sub pop culture....

I guess it would be boring to someone who wasn't able to understand the mostly obscure (to the typical slob) references that were the gist of the jokes on the program.

I'm sure Mystery Science Theatre has a devoted core of viewers who might think that its hosts are households names and faces for anyone who marginally keeps up with popular culture. Doesn't make it true, though. and fascinating and funny to one may be boring and insipid to another - doesn't make anyone any more or less hip - just different strokes.

It is pretty hard to be well-informed and not have known what MST3K is. I am sure there are legions of intelligent, well read people who detest MST3K. (OTOH any intelligent, well-informed person should be aware of it's existence) I didn't mean to paint everyone with this brush. My comments were directed at BPB and in his case, I am confident that it is his inability to get the jokes as the reason he found it boring.

Are you SERIOUSLY tying someone's intelligence to some pop-culture television show? And if someone doesn't know what this show is, they are ignorant, and wear that ignorance as a badge of honor?

Seriously?

I'm also ignorant as to what Paris Hilton is doing this week, and whether or not Britney Spears is making a new CD.

God, I must be the least intelligent person on this board.

Oh, and from a little digging up on wikipedia, the show ran from 1988-1999, I was 8 when the show started, and 19 when it ended. I guess I was a little pre-occupied with 'normal' growing up activities to spend time watching TV (not that I even had cable to see Comedy Central or the Sci-Fi channel a the time).
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:49 am
candidate for U.S. president
ehBeth wrote:
Hey mags, who would you like to see/have seen as a candidate for U.S. president this round? not a general idea of a type of candidate - but someone who is out there right now.

Bill Moyers
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:54 pm
Re: candidate for U.S. president
Magginkat wrote:
ehBeth wrote:
Hey mags, who would you like to see/have seen as a candidate for U.S. president this round? not a general idea of a type of candidate - but someone who is out there right now.

Bill Moyers

Evan Bayh!!!!
0 Replies