OMG! Is It Possible?

Gala

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 01:21 pm
I was listening to CSPAN radio last night-- primary night-- and they mentioning some of Obama's recent troubles was the first actual criticism I'd heard of him. I never heard Boo! from NPR about his losing some of ground, only glowing stories of what it's like to be on the campaign bus (fun! Summer Camp!) with him, etc.

The Liberal media loves the man.

Hillary really kicked a** yesterday.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 01:32 pm
Gala wrote:
I was listening to CSPAN radio last night-- primary night-- and they mentioning some of Obama's recent troubles was the first actual criticism I'd heard of him. I never heard Boo! from NPR about his losing some of ground, only glowing stories of what it's like to be on the campaign bus (fun! Summer Camp!) with him, etc.

So what you're telling us is that you do not read the New York Times. Fair enough.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 01:38 pm
Gala wrote:

I don't think he really has lost ground. He started out 20 points behind in Texas and Ohio and lost by 4 and 10 respectively. Not overwhelming, but not bad. It was a nice win for Clinton and I'm sure Obama was hoping for a knockout punch, but for the rest of the race, only PA is a good shot for Clinton. NC (next biggest) is strongly Obama country right now.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 01:42 pm
Gala wrote:

You have to tune your radio to an NPR station before you can hear them.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:03 pm
Gargamel wrote:
So what you're telling us is that you do not read the New York Times. Fair enough.

No, I don't read the New York Times. I know your humor is going over my head at the moment-- but, how'd they treat him? All I know about that paper is they made jerks of themselves over some minor kerfuffle with McCain.

I put the NY Times and the New Yorker in the same category--Where the bland lead the bland. (Not my line, by the way)
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:06 pm
engineer wrote:
I don't think he really has lost ground. He started out 20 points behind in Texas and Ohio and lost by 4 and 10 respectively. Not overwhelming, but not bad. It was a nice win for Clinton and I'm sure Obama was hoping for a knockout punch, but for the rest of the race, only PA is a good shot for Clinton. NC (next biggest) is strongly Obama country right now.

Well, that just goes to show the source matters -- it was kind of a death rattle from CSPAN, fatigue, exhaustion, etc. That f***ing red phone of Clinton's.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:58 pm
Gala wrote:
engineer wrote:

Well, that just goes to show the source matters -- it was kind of a death rattle from CSPAN, fatigue, exhaustion, etc. That f***ing red phone of Clinton's.

I'm in NC and I disagree... I talk to a lot of people... not only ignorant uneducated idiots like the ones most of you obama supporters like to characterize hillary supporters as but a LOT of college students and worthy educated types and I find the opinion pretty split down the middle with perhaps maybe a small tilt towards Hillary....
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:09 pm
So much good natured poking to do, so little time.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:49 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm in NC and I disagree... I talk to a lot of people... not only ignorant uneducated idiots like the ones most of you obama supporters like to characterize hillary supporters as but a LOT of college students and worthy educated types and I find the opinion pretty split down the middle with perhaps maybe a small tilt towards Hillary....

I went to Electoral-Vote.com and looked at the NC polls (since I'm down I-40 from you). The three polls in February show Obama's lead varying from 10-15%.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:54 pm
Hey Bear . . . do i detect a disenchantment with Mr. Obama on your part?
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:56 pm
That would require that there have been an enchantment. Bear has a very strong emotional reaction to Obama's speeches.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:20 pm
Sam and Janet Evening
You may see a stranger . . .

Sorry . . . i can't help myself . . .
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:26 pm
I would like to see Obama in the part of Henry Higgens in My Fair Lady.

"The rain in Spain falls mainly on the plain."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:46 pm
Setanta wrote:
Hey Bear . . . do i detect a disenchantment with Mr. Obama on your part?

I'm sure he's a well meaning person and kind to his mother... but he's just a politician same as any other and IMO he's not ready for prime time...
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:49 pm
But Bear. Don't you realize that he is going to talk to all those Senators and Representatives and change Washington D.C just as bush did. His wonderful personality will just snow them under so that they will do just as he tells them to,
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:55 pm
rabel22 wrote:
But Bear. Don't you realize that he is going to talk to all those Senators and Representatives and change Washington D.C just as bush did. His wonderful personality will just snow them under so that they will do just as he tells them to,

Or your other option, instead of echoing an obvious soundbite rattling around your skull, would be to actually read about the candidate, his policies, his past, etc.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 07:01 pm
an obvious and resonating soundbyte carefully cultivated and placed in the heads of as many Americans as possible BY the Obama campaign....
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 07:02 pm
You mean I should go the the Obama spin sites like the rest of you brain dead people instead of reading all the information and making up my own mind.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 01:34 pm
resonating soundbyte
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
an obvious and resonating soundbyte carefully cultivated and placed in the heads of as many Americans as possible BY the Obama campaign....

I'll second that Bear. I am constantly amazed at how gullible some U.S. citizens are. This campaign is so much like the "Brownsville Revival" that a couple of con artists started in Pensacola, FL a few yrs ago.

Just about anyplace we went for months, we would encounter these glassy eyed fruitcakes, doing their 'hallaluahs & praises be' while their pockets were stripped bare.

Which brings to mind.........Does anyone in their right minds really believe that all those poor black folks & young collge grads are furnishing these millions that keep pouring into the Rev. Obama?

Not a chance.... most of his big bucks are coming from the same place as that of Sen Clinton and Sen McCain....lobbyists & their corporations.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 01:40 pm
Re: resonating soundbyte
Magginkat wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I'll second that Bear. I am constantly amazed at how gullible some U.S. citizens are. This campaign is so much like the "Brownsville Revival" that a couple of con artists started in Pensacola, FL a few yrs ago.

Just about anyplace we went for months, we would encounter these glassy eyed fruitcakes, doing their 'hallaluahs & praises be' while their pockets were stripped bare.

Which brings to mind.........Does anyone in their right minds really believe that all those poor black folks & young collge grads are furnishing these millions that keep pouring into the Rev. Obama?

Not a chance.... most of his big bucks are coming from the same place as that of Sen Clinton and Sen McCain....lobbyists & their corporations.

Sorry, but you have no evidence whatsoever to back this up.

Frankly, you're just another Hater. I haven't seen you post anything positive at all, just attack after attack on Obama. Nothing worth reading.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies