ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BASEBALL?

Pantalones

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 11:19 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Which means his second half power numbers should be markedly reduced, if history is a guide.

If that holds true, too bad for the rednecks (but not too much cause it's his team directly above of mine).

osso wrote:
Now wait a minute here...

says the Californian.

What I meant with my statement is that I enjoy my "where exactly are you from?" accent. Even though of my closeness to south Cali, I had more of a standard TV accent, many times my Mexican background will come out to light and few times a British-sounding phrase would come out thanks to me living with two Englishmen during my time in Italy.

I wouldn't like to end with a Californian accent, nothing personal.

Quote:
Naah, Pantalones, I know how tijuanenses speak, I actually like your accent... nomás echando carrilla.
But, did you listen to the content?

Ya sé, ya sé (typical phrase over here). I had only listened to the cussing, but after a more careful listen I now know that the chicano wants more wine. That could be me if you substitute wine with hits while on a pre-game pep talk.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 05:41 pm
Kenny Rogers on the mound tonight. Rumor has it Ordonez' will be back.
I'm taking off for a week or so. My line ups have been adjusted. Not like that's going to make a difference. Everyone ,have a whole bunch of nice days.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 05:47 pm
Vacation? Where are you going? Have fun.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Jul, 2008 07:06 pm
Another have fun, Alex.

Teasing you, Pants. I was born in California and lived there years and years but my own speech is peppered with Chicago, Boston, NYC, and bad italian and inarticulate garbleing.

I had a friend, still have, who was from Oklahoma. She had a certain way of talking... One sunny day she and her husband picked North Dakota as the best place re full scholarships for them to go to school together, he to law school and she to finish her BA. She was a tv anchor there in one of her first jobs out of university. Sent me a tape at some point. Knocked me out, she sounded like a different person. Must've had classes in tv speak.

I can't tell the difference re speech from people in different parts of Mexico and am not all so great at it with italians either. Much of both is very musical to me.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Jul, 2008 03:56 am
Have fun on break, Alex.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:14 am
It looks like Tico can make a real charge towards 2nd place this week.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 09:41 am
JPB wrote:
It looks like Tico can make a real charge towards 2nd place this week.

I have him getting close but falling short by .030 in the %. Tico may owe the 'Necks a big thank you for helping him close the gap.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:09 am
Meanwhile, there is a fine battle for 3rd between Turf Toe and El Paso Gas. After Wed, JP was up 6-0 but that lead shrank to 8-6 on Friday and by the end of Saturday George was up 10-6.
I should overtake Jespah this week for 8th place and, if things break right, I might overtake Osso for 7th.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:20 am
Harrumph..
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 02:47 pm
DODGING BULLETS
After a bunch of games, the 'Necks are probably at 11-3 for this short week against Zero.
Absolute Zero is an enigma. He never talks and he makes few if any changes to his line-up. But he is in 2nd place.
Today he left 2 of his SP's on the bench. They combined for something like 15 innings of scoreless ball, 2 W and and a very low WHIP under 1.
Go figure. Imagine how good he would be if he actually played!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:07 pm
I'm guessing he's on vacation this week.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:32 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
I should overtake Jespah this week ....

You might not; my guys are stinking less.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:57 pm
hmm. You seem to 5 players scheduled to start at 6:05 pm ET. And they all play for the Red Sox. And another player, the SP for the opposing SP, to hedge your big bet a bit.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:16 pm
I have the Herons topping the Southpaws this week by 12-5. And the 'Necks over Zero by 11-3.
Tico vs the Puppies is still in play. I did my part of the bargain, Tico, by whipping Zero. Your turn now to return the favor.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:22 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
I have the Herons topping the Southpaws this week by 12-5. And the 'Necks over Zero by 11-3.
Tico vs the Puppies is still in play. I did my part of the bargain, Tico, by whipping Zero. Your turn now to return the favor.

That's the plan, rjb.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:27 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
hmm. You seem to 5 players scheduled to start at 6:05 pm ET. And they all play for the Red Sox. And another player, the SP for the opposing SP, to hedge your big bet a bit.

... and dammit if it isn't a pitchers duel.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:40 pm
not any more...
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:40 pm
Both of them are out of the game with no chance for the win. Wakefield gets just one strikeout. A duel? A rather limp one, me thinks, with neither of them shining.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:49 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Both of them are out of the game with no chance for the win. Wakefield gets just one strikeout. A duel? A rather limp one, me thinks, with neither of them shining.

Yeah, but neither of their ERA is going too far up, which is the stat I wanted for her two boys.

But on a positive note, her BoSox hitters didn't fare all that well.

Positive for me, I mean. :wink:
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 07:03 pm
I have you out of 2nd place by a very small margin, if at all. Meanwhile, the 'Necks appear to have kicked aside the Puppies and elbowed out the Southpaws for 7th place.
Meanwhile, Turf Toe and El Paso Gas are in a battle. JPinMilw left Andy Pettitte on the bench. Bad move. And George's strategy of dropping and adding SP's didn't work so well for him today.
0 Replies