ARE YOU READY FOR SOME BASEBALL?

realjohnboy

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 10:39 am
Looking at this week so far. It appears to me that Tico or Turf Toe, or both of them, could overtake El Paso Running Out of Gas. The Paws could move up if the Puppies stumble.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 10:44 am
Dem Puppies are a feisty bunch. We'll see.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 12:39 pm
Cripes, the Paws and the Puppies are having a tussle.

Competition is tightening up in the lower depths..
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 04:37 pm
But we're a friendly competitive bunch and share snacks.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 04:47 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
Looking at this week so far. It appears to me that Tico or Turf Toe, or both of them, could overtake El Paso Running Out of Gas. The Paws could move up if the Puppies stumble.

!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 05:23 pm
realjohnboy wrote:
realjohnboy wrote:

!

Pfffbt!
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 05:35 pm
I lost to Tico only because he smacked talked and I couldn't smack back!

Now I'll smack talk here, and longer (and foulest):

PANTALONES, read this:

Buy, download or else listen to Burnt Weenie Sandwich, by Frank Zappa. Specially, listen carefully to the first song: WPLJ (White port and lemon juice), towards the end you'll notice -if you have a decent sound system- two voices speaking Spanish with your Northwest Mexican-wannabe Californian accent. I think it was recorded at the Los Pinches Pants' dogout when they found out they were playing against Cosmik Debris this week.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 05:46 pm
My edit smack feature, still isn't working.
How'd I get over sixty games out of first.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 05:52 pm
Okay, I confess ... I had nothing to do with the broken edit smack feature.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 06:11 pm
Huh, mine just worked..

but I've had ridiculous trouble with my computer this past week. I just got back from buying a damn Dummies for Mac OS Tiger book. Anyway, among the extravagant number of things wrong was my inability to edit smack sometimes but not always. Grrrr.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 06:38 pm
alex240101 wrote:
My edit smack feature, still isn't working.
How'd I get over sixty games out of first.

My smack talk has been working just fine.

As for being 60 games out of 1st, go to the start page of our league. Just above our standings, in white type, is "head to head stats." Click on that. Then, over to the left, is an option for "totals" for "hitters" and "pitchers." That shows how your guys stack up against players from other teams in each category of scoring.

Your hitting is average. Your pitching is less then average. So it goes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 06:51 pm
Start page of our league... what start page of our league?

Nevermind, I found it...
thanks.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 03:52 am
My smack talk is workin'.
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 12:09 pm
fbaezer wrote:
Buy, download or else listen to Burnt Weenie Sandwich, by Frank Zappa. Specially, listen carefully to the first song: WPLJ (White port and lemon juice), towards the end you'll notice -if you have a decent sound system- two voices speaking Spanish with your Northwest Mexican-wannabe Californian accent. I think it was recorded at the Los Pinches Pants' dogout when they found out they were playing against Cosmik Debris this week.

Surprised I'm flabbergasted that you would think that's how I sound like. I mean, there are parts where you could maybe find a similarity but I'll reserve that accent to the people north of the border but while very close to, I still live south of the border.

What I don't like though is the californian accent I'm adopting when speaking in English.

But back to baseball, dadaaaaaaaamn, impressive performance by Hamilton yesterday.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 12:26 pm
Pantalones wrote:
But back to baseball, dadaaaaaaaamn, impressive performance by Hamilton yesterday.

Which means his second half power numbers should be markedly reduced, if history is a guide.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 12:49 pm
"What I don't like though is the californian accent I'm adopting when speaking in English."

Now wait a minute here...

says the Californian.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 01:17 pm
Pantalones wrote:
fbaezer wrote:

Surprised I'm flabbergasted that you would think that's how I sound like. I mean, there are parts where you could maybe find a similarity but I'll reserve that accent to the people north of the border but while very close to, I still live south of the border.

What I don't like though is the californian accent I'm adopting when speaking in English.

Naah, Pantalones, I know how tijuanenses speak, I actually like your accent... nomás echando carrilla.
But, did you listen to the content?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 11:07 pm
The All Star Game went much like the regular season for the Ticomaniac participants: none of my batters could hit the ball, and then Wagner blew the save. Typical.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 01:04 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Pantalones wrote:

Which means his second half power numbers should be markedly reduced, if history is a guide.

we know one thing fer shoor -- the dude is clean...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2008 05:46 am
Region Philbis wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
Pantalones wrote:

we know one thing fer shoor -- the dude is clean...

That's right. No doubt about that.
0 Replies