Michelle Obama has hated America for over 40 years?

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:19 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Anyone else ashamed of our countrymen? BRING IT ON!!!!!!

I think that Christ would be ashamed of your attitude. Truly.

Part of the problem with our country is that so many who profess to be Christian, have hearts filled with vitriol and bile, such as yourself, Rex. You've missed the point entirely, and it's sad.

Cycloptichorn

I don't really care what you think Cyc and never have. You have shown your true colors time and again. You can dish it out and it is time you swallow a bit of your own poison… You defend the America hater with such verve.

Who's the one with the bile? Shall I go back and repost your own "bile" as you call it which you have without conscience or any concern for "Jesus" in the past directed at me? You have had it coming for a long time. Does God not judge the wicked and the unrighteous? Fight fire with fire.

An eye for an eye! I am not going to stand around silently and watch you idiots wreck this great country!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:20 pm
RexRed wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Part of the problem with our country is that so many who profess to be Christian, have hearts filled with vitriol and bile, such as yourself, Rex. You've missed the point entirely, and it's sad.

Cycloptichorn

I don't really care what you think Cyc and never have. You have shown your true colors time and again. You can dish it out and it is time you swallow a bit of your own poison… You defend the America hater with such verve.

Who's the one with the bile? Shall I go back and repost your own "bile" as you call it which you have without conscience or any concern for "Jesus" in the past directed at me? You have had it coming for a long time. Does God not judge the wicked and the unrighteous? Fight fire with fire.

An eye for an eye! I am not going to stand around silently and watch you idiots wreck this great country!

You said it yourself perfectly in the above post; it is up to God to judge, not you. Yet you take this responsibility upon yourself as if you have a right to do so.

Tell me; what is it that you are going to do about us heathens? I mean, typing insults on a message board, woah, that's going to slow down the march of progressive politics in America for sure...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:23 pm
RexRed wrote:
[Who's the one with the bile? Shall I go back and repost your own "bile" as you call it which you have without conscience or any concern for "Jesus" in the past directed at me? You have had it coming for a long time. Does God not judge the wicked and the unrighteous? Fight fire with fire.

Ooooh, shaking in my boots Laughing

Funny that you mention Jesus and fighting fire with fire in the same sentence... Quite the opposites, don't you think?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:31 pm
ON BOOK TV THIS WEEKEND
Quote:
Insightful author interviews
Saturday 10 PM, Sunday 12 PM, 6 PM and 9 PM, Monday 12 AM ET
Anthony Lewis recounts the different interpretations of the First Amendment to the Constitution in Freedom for the Thought That We Hate: A Biography of the First Amendment. Adopted in 1791, the amendment was first enforced by the Supreme Court in 1931. Mr. Lewis profiles the people and controversies that have shaped today's understanding of the First Amendment and the current arguments that surround freedom of expression. Anthony Lewis discusses his book with Ronald Collins, scholar at the First Amendment Center.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:33 pm
farmerman wrote:
The thing that Rex misses is the love of the very freedom we have to criticize the government when it is dead wrong (like in the present case of the illegal war in IRAQ and its dismanteling of the middle class). Being a blind bootlicker of the administration is allowed by you in our form of government, so you can pronounce your fascist leanings.
However many of us are working diligently to replace the lying pus bags that are GW Bush and Lon Cheney, in an orderly Constitutional fashion.

You may scream and tell us how much you admire Josh Chamberlain (so do I, but that does not a position bolster). Your incessant name calling is getting a bit ...uh...scary. You ok?

BLAH BLAH BLAH!

More special interset talking points, unfair and unbalanced...

Look who is talking about being ok? Mr. brainwashed by the left himself.

It is no secret I do not even like most of you jerks on this forum. There are a few sane ones who I do like.

I dare you to question MY patriotism FM. I have tens of thousands of words to prove my love for this country on this forum. WHERE ARE YOUR WORDS OF AMERICAN PATRIOTISM? Strangely absent! Even now insult a great patriot of this country. GOONS...

Go play in the street for all I care.

I call it the way I see it and if you don't like it "CHANGE" as Obama says.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:35 pm
Funny that you haven't realized that words aren't what proves patriotism Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:37 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
RexRed wrote:
[Who's the one with the bile? Shall I go back and repost your own "bile" as you call it which you have without conscience or any concern for "Jesus" in the past directed at me? You have had it coming for a long time. Does God not judge the wicked and the unrighteous? Fight fire with fire.

Funny that you mention Jesus and fighting fire with fire in the same sentence... Quite the opposites, don't you think?

Actually not the oposite and if you were not such a witch you my might realize that...

Acts 2:3
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

Comment: NOW PUT THAT IN YOUR KETTLE AND BREW IT!

You might just be shaking when Jesus gets a hold of you...

Romans 13:4
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:40 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Funny that you haven't realized that words aren't what proves patriotism Laughing

Cycloptichorn

The word "confess" (biblically) means to say the same thing as you believe in your heart... ever heard of being a "man of your word"?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:40 pm
RexRed wrote:

Once again, do you ever do Bible study?

The Sermon on the Mount spoke directly against "an eye for an eye."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:43 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
RexRed wrote:

I've always preferred a girl who'll turn the other cheek myself....
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:44 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
RexRed wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Cycloptichorn

You said it yourself perfectly in the above post; it is up to God to judge, not you. Yet you take this responsibility upon yourself as if you have a right to do so.

Tell me; what is it that you are going to do about us heathens? I mean, typing insults on a message board, woah, that's going to slow down the march of progressive politics in America for sure...

Cycloptichorn

Again you have been studying from the gospel of the progressives, we are judged by others TOO for not all are "Christian" are they?

Are you saying there are no courts of law? Gosh and who needs their meds? ADHD is clouding your thinking. There are courts that try those for treason too… And lawyers like Mrs. Obama…
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:46 pm
RexRed wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Actually not the oposite and if you were not such a witch you my might realize that...

And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

do you ever listen to yourself?

2 things: 1)you're mixing up god and jesus - i meantioned the latter, and 2)you don't get to call people names on this forum. it's against the rules. if you're so furious, count to ten or something.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:48 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
count to ten or something.

You might be, well, probably are, overstating his abilities.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:54 pm
DrewDad wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Once again, do you ever do Bible study?

The Sermon on the Mount spoke directly against "an eye for an eye."

The Sermon on the Mount AND also "The Lords Prayer" were addressed to solely "the lost sheep of the house of Israel" not the world (Jew AND Gentile). The Epistles are addressed to "the world" while the Gospels are addressed ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel...

Why does it say in the Lord's Prayer to pray; "give us our daily bread" where in the Epistles it says, God has (past tense) "supplied all of our NEED though Christ Jesus"? Two thousand years ago our daily bread was supplied for us through Christ Jesus, we need only to claim it and be thankful not pray for it. Give that some thought.

Still reading the progressives Gospel?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:55 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
RexRed wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
RexRed wrote:

do you ever listen to yourself?

2 things: 1)you're mixing up god and jesus - i meantioned the latter, and 2)you don't get to call people names on this forum. it's against the rules. if you're so furious, count to ten or something.

I do not generally belive in the trinity.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:55 pm
I don't admire Chamberlain, he was a self-promoting liar. The far left of the Federal line on Little Round Top was held by an entire brigade, not simply by the 20th Maine. His regiment was in the Third Brigade, First Division, Fifth Corps. The commander of the brigade was Colonel Strong Vincent. It was Vincent who placed his regiments in position to stop the Confederate advance. If any of the other regiments had not held its position, Chamberlain would have drowned in a sea of Confederate infantry.

The 20th Maine was driven back for about 100 yards before the line finally held. Colonel Oates brigade, which had attack all along Vincent's line, however, could not break through, and fell back themselves. The men of one of the companies in the center of the line of the 20th Maine asked for permission to retrieve their wounded, so their Lieutenant agreed, and ordered them to advance the bayonet, which was the accepted method--it allowed a line of men with bayonets to protect those who were bringing in the wounded. When the companies on either side saw them advancing the bayonet, they fixed bayonets and advanced themselves, leading to a spontaneous bayonet attack (and using the bayonet was extremely rare in the American Civil War). Colonel Oates brigade was caught unaware, while he was attempting to rally them and put them back into line, and were routed by the attack. The regiments immediately to Chamberlain's right saw the movement, and advanced themselves--otherwise, the 20th Maine would have been in a world of hurt, advanced beyond the main line without support.

These facts[/i] are attested by Colonel Oates, the Confederate commander facing Vincent's brigade, and by the officers and men of Chamberlain's regiment. However, Vincent was mortally wounded in that engagement, and he never prepared a report of the action for the General Commanding, which otherwise would have been forwarded to the Department of War. The other regimental commanders did not prepare reports, either, as it was customary for them to do so only if requested to do so by the brigade commander, and even then they likely would not have been endorsed and sent to the General Commanding.

But Chamberlain prepared a report, and he sent it directly to General Sykes, the commander of V Corps. That was convenient, because it meant no one in the brigade would now about it, and it would not be read and endorsed by General Barnes, who commanded First Division. No one in the 20th Maine knew about it, until long after the war was ended.

That's because it didn't come out until Chamberlain ran for the office of Governor of Maine. There was some muttering by officers and men who had served in the regiment and survived the war, but it was considered bad form in those days to criticize a "war hero" publicly. But gradually, over the years, the truth came out. After being elected, Chamberlain went around promoting himself as "the Hero of Gettysburg," and "the Savior of the Army." Discretion aside, that didn't sit well with other officers and men, as it seemed to suggest that the other 90,000 men of the Army of the Potomac had been spectators to Chamberlain's heroism. Therefore, officers and men who had served in the 20th Maine began to publicly dispute Chamberlain's account, and they contacted Colonel Oates to an account from the other side.

It was all a tempest in a teapot, though, historically, because it was soon forgotten and the participants died. Chamberlain benefited from his self-promotion, but he was soon forgotten, too, except in Maine. But then the centennial of the Civil War approached, and books about became popular. Chamberlain's accounts of the war were republished, and so was a scholarly book by George R. Stewart, entitled Pickett's Charge, a Microhistory of the Final Attack at Gettysburg. This book was revised by Stewart with a longer account of the events leading up to the third day, and enjoyed quite a large sale as a popular paperback in a time when anything about the Civil War would sell like hotcakes. I know this because i read Mr. Stewart's book at the time, and the account of the 20th Maine a few years later. Even so, Chamberlain might have rested in the obscurity he deserves, until Michael Shaara came along. He wrote a novel--allow me to repeat that, a NOVEL about the battle of Gettysburg. He shamelessly plagerized Stewart's book, and he made some sort of god out of Chamberlain. That wasn't bad enough, the motion picture Gettysburg shamelessly ripped off Shaara, who had shamelessly ripped off Stewart, and Chamberlain, who had shamelessly lied about events from the 4th of July, 1863 until his death in 1914.

The entire Chamberlain saga is shameful. He dishonored Colonel Strong Vincent, who died doing his duty on Little Round Top. He dishonored his own men, and the men of the 16th Michigan, the 44th New York and the 83rd Pennsylvania, which were the other regiments in Vincent's brigade. He dishonored the entire Army of the Potomac, as though they would not have survived without him.

And why did he do this? Because he was scumbag politician who was running for governor.

I'm not surprised that Rex admires him, it's just the sort of serious self-delusion he has always displayed here.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:57 pm
Dag if you had Dys posting lynched blacks and you were a Yankee would that not rip you a new arse too?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:00 pm
your beef with others does not interest me. you called me a witch, among other things,just for pointing out a discrepancy in your post.

and no, i would not "rip anyone a new arse". if you can't discuss things in a civilized way, then just don't discuss them at all.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:02 pm
Excuse me, for sake of accuracy, i should point out that Vincent's brigade was attacked by General Law's brigade of Hood's Division, and the 15th Alabama was commanded by Colonel Oates.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:03 pm
Setanta wrote:
I don't admire Chamberlain, he was a self-promoting liar. The far left of the Federal line on Little Round Top was held by an entire brigade, not simply by the 20th Maine. His regiment was in the Third Brigade, First Division, Fifth Corps. The commander of the brigade was Colonel Strong Vincent. It was Vincent who placed his regiments in position to stop the Confederate advance. If any of the other regiments had not held its position, Chamberlain would have drowned in a sea of Confederate infantry.

The 20th Maine was driven back for about 100 yards before the line finally held. Colonel Oates brigade, which had attack all along Vincent's line, however, could not break through, and fell back themselves. The men of one of the companies in the center of the line of the 20th Maine asked for permission to retrieve their wounded, so their Lieutenant agreed, and ordered them to advance the bayonet, which was the accepted method--it allowed a line of men with bayonets to protect those who were bringing in the wounded. When the companies on either side saw them advancing the bayonet, they fixed bayonets and advanced themselves, leading to a spontaneous bayonet attack (and using the bayonet was extremely rare in the American Civil War). Colonel Oates brigade was caught unaware, while he was attempting to rally them and put them back into line, and were routed by the attack. The regiments immediately to Chamberlain's right saw the movement, and advanced themselves--otherwise, the 20th Maine would have been in a world of hurt, advanced beyond the main line without support.

These facts[/i] are attested by Colonel Oates, the Confederate commander facing Vincent's brigade, and by the officers and men of Chamberlain's regiment. However, Vincent was mortally wounded in that engagement, and he never prepared a report of the action for the General Commanding, which otherwise would have been forwarded to the Department of War. The other regimental commanders did not prepare reports, either, as it was customary for them to do so only if requested to do so by the brigade commander, and even then they likely would not have been endorsed and sent to the General Commanding.

But Chamberlain prepared a report, and he sent it directly to General Sykes, the commander of V Corps. That was convenient, because it meant no one in the brigade would now about it, and it would not be read and endorsed by General Barnes, who commanded First Division. No one in the 20th Maine knew about it, until long after the war was ended.

That's because it didn't come out until Chamberlain ran for the office of Governor of Maine. There was some muttering by officers and men who had served in the regiment and survived the war, but it was considered bad form in those days to criticize a "war hero" publicly. But gradually, over the years, the truth came out. After being elected, Chamberlain went around promoting himself as "the Hero of Gettysburg," and "the Savior of the Army." Discretion aside, that didn't sit well with other officers and men, as it seemed to suggest that the other 90,000 men of the Army of the Potomac had been spectators to Chamberlain's heroism. Therefore, officers and men who had served in the 20th Maine began to publicly dispute Chamberlain's account, and they contacted Colonel Oates to an account from the other side.

It was all a tempest in a teapot, though, historically, because it was soon forgotten and the participants died. Chamberlain benefited from his self-promotion, but he was soon forgotten, too, except in Maine. But then the centennial of the Civil War approached, and books about became popular. Chamberlain's accounts of the war were republished, and so was a scholarly book by George R. Stewart, entitled Pickett's Charge, a Microhistory of the Final Attack at Gettysburg. This book was revised by Stewart with a longer account of the events leading up to the third day, and enjoyed quite a large sale as a popular paperback in a time when anything about the Civil War would sell like hotcakes. I know this because i read Mr. Stewart's book at the time, and the account of the 20th Maine a few years later. Even so, Chamberlain might have rested in the obscurity he deserves, until Michael Shaara came along. He wrote a novel--allow me to repeat that, a NOVEL about the battle of Gettysburg. He shamelessly plagerized Stewart's book, and he made some sort of god out of Chamberlain. That wasn't bad enough, the motion picture Gettysburg shamelessly ripped off Shaara, who had shamelessly ripped off Stewart, and Chamberlain, who had shamelessly lied about events from the 4th of July, 1863 until his death in 1914.

The entire Chamberlain saga is shameful. He dishonored Colonel Strong Vincent, who died doing his duty on Little Round Top. He dishonored his own men, and the men of the 16th Michigan, the 44th New York and the 83rd Pennsylvania, which were the other regiments in Vincent's brigade. He dishonored the entire Army of the Potomac, as though they would not have survived without him.

And why did he do this? Because he was scumbag politician who was running for governor.

I'm not surprised that Rex admires him, it's just the sort of serious self-delusion he has always displayed here.

Set, men have their faults often too so go ahead and hate America... Spit on the sacrifice of the north to free slaves! Be my guest see where it ultimately leaves the Jews in Israel today. Considering the Palestinian loving demagogs on the left of which Borat Osama is a kindred spirit.
0 Replies