My first first date in 3 years.

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:07 am
ossobuco wrote:

Hawkeye, you and I will agree often and disagree often, I predict. On this matter, I think learning to be smart is useful, but that one doesn't enter all the best relationships as Mr. or Ms. Smart. I trust we disagree.

I don't think it is about being smart, so maybe we agree. It is all about having a good feel for the woman you are with, knowing what she wants so that you can satisfy her, and knowing how to get what you want out of her. The only way to learn is through practice, and our Diest just had some good practice.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:09 am
Get used to it, be comfortable with it. Comfort with it will be sustaining in the future, through thick and thin.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:08 am
Diest TKO wrote:
I hate that I'm mopey. ...

Honey, if she can't see all the good things that we see in you, then she ain't worth getting mopey over.

Turnips
Kangaroos
Ocelots Smile
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:33 am
Diest TKO wrote:
I am in limbo. I am in a state of existance prior to a big move. Being single for any amount of time isn't terrible, but being in limbo for any amount of time feels insane.

I understand completely.

When do you move, again? May be time to just start crossing off days...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 08:51 am
Diest TKO wrote:
I hate that I'm mopey. I don't like it one bit. I can let go of her, and be resolved about it, but it's the rest of my life which has now become confusing.

You better be able to "let go of her," since you never had her to begin with.

Diest TKO wrote:
I feel altogether helpless to change my imediate situation. I feel I won't be able to change anything until after my move.

Grrr. I hate feeling pathetic.

I'd like to be at peace with being alone, but it's hard when I feel like that is out of my control. I'm sure that is a natural feeling, but I still don't like it.

Seriously, you need to forget about how to act or not act to women you're interested in. You need to fix this mopey, "woe-is-me" attitude.

Know why you feel this way? Because you've convinced yourself that you're helpless & pathetic. You tell yourself you're not good enough, or whatever other negative thoughts your planting in your head. In the long run, it makes things much worse.

There's no magic formula, but if you can work on making yourself happy without worrying about having a girlfriend, the girls will come a LOT easier. Because when you meet women, that confidence will come across without you having to try. And "confidence" is on the top of most women's traits when looking for a mate. But you don't want to fake it...I would go take a public speaking class, read self-help books, force yourself to do things you're not comfortable with(go to the mall & start a conversation with 10 women a couple times a week), ect.

We get lonely simply because our biological drive is telling us to reproduce. Realize that, get over the fact you're single, and work on building your "inner-game." What are the good things about you? Tell yourself over and over why you're 'the man' until you really believe it. Keep working on it, and you'll get to the point where YOU are the one doing the rejections and choosing. Makes life a lot more fun, and it's the way it should be. Never settle.

Seems like mumbo-jumbo, but it rings true...same kinds of things relate to other aspects like sales, business, ect. Sorry, I'm not going to tell you, "well she doesn't know a good thing," ect, because the fact is, you could have handled the situation better. Nobody can get every woman they're interested in, but I didn't hear many positives out of the visit. I always blame myself, not the woman/or client in sales, if the desired result doesn't happen...just my mentality.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 10:55 am
Face it, dude, she's a total lez.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 01:46 pm
sozobe wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
I am in limbo. I am in a state of existance prior to a big move. Being single for any amount of time isn't terrible, but being in limbo for any amount of time feels insane.

I understand completely.

When do you move, again? May be time to just start crossing off days...

First day of work is June 23rd. I graduate on May 17th. So I'll move somewhere in that 5 week period.

Thanks for everything
King Slappy
Or maybe just a Jester Very Happy
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:03 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Face it, dude, she's a total lez.

There are two kinds of women out there: the ones I've f**ked....and lesbians.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:29 pm
you forget the third big group, slappy: those that turned lesbian right after they've been with you.

::drumroll::
silence. Confused
ok, nevermind that.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:36 pm
May 17th. Ouch. That's a ways away.

I guess just have as much fun as you can, don't try too hard, and then take a deep breath and start over once you move.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 02:49 pm
nah, it's just 2 months, that's nothing. it will fly through before you know it.

the older i get, the more i do things alone - signed up for a skiing trip with complete strangers, auditioned for a theatre company where i didn't know anybody, travel alone a lot. go do things that you've always wanted to do, and maybe didn't have the guts to do. challenge yourself, push yourself a little and you'll see how great it feels if you achieve a thing or two. or even if you just try.
i doubt you need a girl or successful date right now. it sounds to me like you need some quality Diest time, to learn to be at peace and harmony with Diest, happy and healthy, forget girls for now.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:06 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
you forget the third big group, slappy: those that turned lesbian right after they've been with you.

::drumroll::
silence. Confused
ok, nevermind that.

Nice! I left out that group, because I'm trying to be cool.

Dag's got great ideas in her last post...get off your ass and do things. Or you'll be wallowing in self-pity. It might be hard to do things alone at first, but if anything it'll show you are/make you more confident in your own skin.

Except for Dag. Every day after she does something with random groups, she goes home, pops a bottle of Tequilla, cries, and punches her pillows.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:09 pm
right. unless there are puppies to kick.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:14 pm
I'm with Dag.

If this were a woman posting about an unsuccessful date and a subsequent brush-off, we'd be explaining in itty-bitty words that there are lots of good fish in the sea and you're more likely to catch fish if you've devoted some time to self discovery.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:32 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
right. unless there are puppies to kick.

Now you've gone too far. I don't find those kinds of things amusing.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 03:40 pm
i am awfully sorry to have offended your gentle ears. i should have known better.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 05:29 pm
So, at the top of this page is a banner in large bold red letters - "Are you tired of being lonely?"

Hey, we could direct them to Dag's good/useful answer...
0 Replies