If Clinton Wins

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 08:27 pm
thank you
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 10:27 pm
Actionally guys and gals what difference does the present delegate count make at this time. We will be voting until sometime in June. After that it may or may not count for anything. I am hoping that Obama and Hillary tie in the count and Edwards slips in there. As they say hope springs eternal.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 08:12 am
rabel22 wrote:
Actionally guys and gals what difference does the present delegate count make at this time. We will be voting until sometime in June. After that it may or may not count for anything. I am hoping that Obama and Hillary tie in the count and Edwards slips in there. As they say hope springs eternal.

That's a very real possibility. I thought Edwards would stay in there to collect enough delagates to play that very role.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 08:25 am
soz wrote-

Quote:
I don't think Obama-worshipping comes into it much. (I've been reading Chuck Todd + co. pretty much daily for a while now and they're hardly worshippers.)

Here soz- read something else. Chuck Todd is hardly going to discuss Obama-worshipping. He would get laughed at in the pub. I presume he frequents a pub where low-life wits hang out.

I think that Mr Obama is playing on the latent fascinations which, it is said, enter into the darker areas of the occidental mind of a large number of ladies and, it is also said, not without some justification.

It is probably his ears that get them pondering such thoughts, a remembrance of things past, and the timbres in his voice, atavistic frequencies of known efficacy, allow these thoughts to develop and even, on occasion, bourgeon.

He has appeal. Watch him walk. What style. I saw a shot of him walking whilst checking his messages on his phone and that is one cocky walk. I've not yet seen Mr McCain's legs. Only blokes with good legs allow themselves to be filmed walking. Like John Wayne. Did you ever see Mrs Thatcher's walk?

Mr Obama's tactics have even got Mrs Clinton a bit fazed. She might be pondering being VEEP and being directly under our hero in the OO. That would make Monica a bit tame.

All this is, of course, why he polls badly among white males.

Admit it soz. You might as well. I won't believe your denials.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 08:26 am
It's the timbres in his voice. You got me.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:00 am
Brand X wrote:
I'm sure it's been noted but there are so many threads going I wouldn't know where.....Hillary had to put 5 million of her own dollars in the campaign.

Meanwhile Obama raked in 32 million in January.

Just in from MSNBC, some of her staff is working without pay.

Hillary meets fund raising goal of 3 million in under 24 hours.... I just rec eived a thank you email...(not like i covered the mil Laughing )
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:02 am
I thought the goal was 5 mil -- to "cover the loan"...?

Meanwhile Obama has raised about 6 mil since Super Tuesday... just sayin'.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:17 am
soz wrote-

Quote:

And there is no better reason soz. No expert pundits necessary. And Republican ladies are just as susceptible having no clue about any of the other issues as well.

So who do we think the GOP should put up to fight such a force?

It might be a watershed election. Who runs America--men or women?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:18 am
(Psssst... spendius... I'm deaf. Can't hear a thing.)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:28 am
soz signs-

Quote:
This excessive concern with little weasels is a sickness.

- Rudy Giuliani (while still mayor and in the midst of his crusade to ban ferrets; addressed to a disgruntled ferret owner).

Did he say that? He looked like a carperbagger from first to last. If he had become President my pro-Europe stance would have gone critical.

I had two ferrets when I was a kid. Lovely creatures although the rabbits didn't like them.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:29 am
sozobe wrote:

no, the email that went out yesterday asked for 3 mil... she did it in under 24 hours... that would put her on the EXACT same track as Obama in fund raising monies... 3 mil in 24... 6 mil in 48.....

I'm sure all this will be very important in how either of them run the country and deal with the issues. :wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:32 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
sozobe wrote:

no, the email that went out yesterday asked for 3 mil... she did it in under 24 hours... that would put her on the EXACT same track as Obama in fund raising monies... 3 mil in 24... 6 mil in 48.....

I'm sure all this will be very important in how either of them run the country and deal with the issues. :wink:

Um, he raised more then 6 million in that same amount of time. And now it's up to...

7.5 million, all raised online.

There's no announcement of any kind on Hillary's web site; wonder why she's keeping her historic victory in fund raising all to herself...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:35 am
I'm not sure about that... Cycloptichorn said something about $7.5 mil since 6:30 2/5, (as in, not yet 48 hrs) not sure of his source.

Anyway, I agree it's not that important. But the candidate with more money to throw around likely has an advantage going into this next stretch.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:35 am
Ah, Cycloptichorn got there first.

Your source?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:40 am
sozobe wrote:
Ah, Cycloptichorn got there first.

Your source?

barackobama.com!

Go to his blog, they have a running counter.

Obama starting this Sat. is going live in every state left on the calendar - not just the Feb. states where he's been advertising and working the ground game since the 27th, but Texas, Ohio, Penn, Indiana, Vermont.

That's the advantage of money. He's opening something like 25 field offices in Texas and as many in Ohio.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:41 am
25 field offices in Ohio?

I'm sure one will be in Columbus.

I'm there.

(Off to research a bit.)
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 09:46 am
sozobe wrote:
Laughing
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 10:15 am
If Hill wins, you get Bill as part of the team. This would put the country back on track to prosperity and fairness. Obama would be a good Veep.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:14 pm
The woman on top eh?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 7 Feb, 2008 03:18 pm
Advocate wrote:
If Hill wins, you get Bill as part of the team. This would put the country back on track to prosperity and fairness. Obama would be a good Veep.

So you get the candidate you want... and we get stuck with the Bill.
0 Replies