If Clinton Wins

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 06:55 am
For balance... and for clarity in this frantic primary season.

As anyone here knows I strongly support Obama. He has the ability to lead and to inspire that (combined with his intelligence and judgement) will make him a great president.

If Clinton wins the primary, I will enthusiastically support her in the general election. She clearly also has the ability to lead and will make a fine president. I will work as hard to ensure her success.

After the primary, we need to unite together to win back the White House. I am sure that both Clinton and Obama will say the same after the nominee is decided.

Let's stop bickering.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,731 • Replies: 163
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:18 am
I'm not a Democrat, but if Clinton wins the nomination she will probably get my vote. She's probably good enough, I'm just hoping that we won't have to settle for good enough.

I have a lot of residual respect for McCain, but I think his time has come and gone. He should have gotten the nomination in 2000.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:33 am
I have a gut feeling that if Obama wins the nomination he will lose to McCain while if Hillary does she will defeat McCain. I think Romney is out of the picture.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:35 am
Gus- You may very well be right.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:46 am
If it comes down to Clinton / McCain, my gut would say McCain, but my brain would induce an override and vote Clinton. Unfortunately, I see four more years of ultra-hate filled politics and war in that scenario
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:47 am
I have a gut feeling that if Obama wins the nomination he will win against McCain while if Hillary does she will lose to McCain. I think Romney is out of the picture.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:51 am
I'm just glad this election is interesting and people seem really involved.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:52 am
kickycan wrote:
I have a gut feeling that if Obama wins the nomination he will win against McCain while if Hillary does she will lose to McCain. I think Romney is out of the picture.

I think McCain/Obama would be a great race just because the focus would be on the issues. Of course I expect I will get more of those nasty Obama emails, but I'd be confident that McCain wasn't sending them and didn't approve of them.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:56 am
BBB
I just heard that new polls show Ralph Nader leading the pack to victory.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 09:15 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I have a gut feeling that if Obama wins the nomination he will lose to McCain while if Hillary does she will defeat McCain. I think Romney is out of the picture.

ditto
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 09:55 am
You all are missing the point.

In the end, the Obama backers and the Clinton backers are on the same side. All of us want a Democrat in the White House.

Either Obama or Clinton will be able to beat McCain. This election will largely be about the war... and either Democrat comes out on the winning side.

This bickering, and the rather depressing doomsday scenarios, are silly.

We are on our way to put a Democrat in the White House... and either candidate will do fine.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 01:37 pm
ebrown
"Either Obama or Clinton will be able to beat McCain. This election will largely be about the war... and either Democrat comes out on the winning side."
I fully agree with you.
The world expect the future president should bestow his or her attention for a peaceful future.
According to the election promises( about war and poverty and environmental issues) so far none of the candidates are qualified to get the admiration of the world.
Thanks for projecting the Non-American's worries
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 02:13 pm
Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama have
two different approaches to fixing
the economy, and the country.

It's less about what to do than how to do it.

http://www.prospect.org/cs/
articles?article=the_democrats_choice_manager_or_visionary

According to the author Ezra Klein the slogan CHANGE or HOPE took a back seat.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 02:53 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
ebrown
"Either Obama or Clinton will be able to beat McCain. This election will largely be about the war... and either Democrat comes out on the winning side."
I fully agree with you.
The world expect the future president should bestow his or her attention for a peaceful future.
According to the election promises( about war and poverty and environmental issues) so far none of the candidates are qualified to get the admiration of the world.
Thanks for projecting the Non-American's worries

Rama now speaks for the world !! Think of it! Laughing
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 02:59 pm
Of course I identify with the innocent world and not with arrogance and hypocray.
Ask any decent, rational and innocent humanbeing around the globe about their expectation of the ensuing election in USA.
Majority around the globe expect a president to make a radical change in USA and thereby a nice country to sort out and settle the vital problems than projecting arrogance to boomerang the globe.

I am here to uphold democracy, decency and to expose mobocracy and hypocracy.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 08:16 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

I have a lot of residual respect for McCain, but I think his time has come and gone. He should have gotten the nomination in 2000.

Yep. For being a Republican, he's moderate. But he's too old to take on a responsibility like the Presidency of the US.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 09:02 pm
e_brown, I'm not sure that many Obama supporters would support Clinton (assuming that Obama wasn't the VP nod).

This is one of the problems that I have with most Obama supporters.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 09:08 pm
Well, I am in the Obama camp and I dislike Hillary with a passion,
however, should she win the nomination, I'll grind my teeth but vote for her.
We don't have an alternative!
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 09:13 pm
I will support Hillary if she is the candidate.

I can't say I'd be excited about it but I would vote for her.

Too much on the line for me to let my personal feelings stand in the way.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 09:45 pm
maporsche wrote:
e_brown, I'm not sure that many Obama supporters would support Clinton (assuming that Obama wasn't the VP nod).

This is one of the problems that I have with most Obama supporters.

I promise you that should she win the primary Hillary will get the vast majority of Obama voters to follow her to the general election.

I can say this with confidence as an Obama supporter (who knows lots of other Obama supporters). We would be a little disappointed, but then we would get right behind Clinton as the Democratic nominee.

I hope (and believe) that Clinton supporters will do the same.
0 Replies