If Obama Wins

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 10:48 am
Bear
Bear, I have the solution. Lets all vote for Michele Obama. She's a better speaker than Barack anyway---and just as smart. She Black and a Woman. I like her a lot. I also like Elizabeth Edwards a lot.

Problem solved. If Barack is so smart, why didn't he think of this solution long ago?

BBB
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 10:56 am
ebrown_p wrote:
This might not be the best time to say this, Blatham...

But I have kind of been seeing a Ron Paul supporter.

A big tent, a big bed...same laudatory inclusive value.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 11:58 am
Blatham,

That thing you said about the Dem nominee likely becoming president - I sure wish I was as confident as you are about that.

I guess I just can't yet get over the habit of giving a lot of weight to those who would vote for anyone before a Dem, a woman (and another whole subset of those who wouldn't ever vote for Hillary), or a black.

My thinking has moved significantly since this whole quest by Obama began. Maybe it can move past fearing this particular red-eyed beast.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 12:16 pm
What's the deal about the political hysteria on A2K? Any way that you slice it, we each have one vote, no matter how loud that we scream about one candidate or another.

Since the person that I wanted (Rudy) is no longer in the running, I will be obliged to vote for someone who doesn't thrill me, but I think is the best of the bunch.

I don't care much for wide eyed idealists, or jaded politicos. To me there are two overriding issues in this election.................national security, and the economy. Pie in the sky may make for great sound bites, but it won't keep our country safe, or solvent.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 12:25 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
What's the deal about the political hysteria on A2K? Any way that you slice it, we each have one vote, no matter how loud that we scream about one candidate or another.

Since the person that I wanted (Rudy) is no longer in the running, I will be obliged to vote for someone who doesn't thrill me, but I think is the best of the bunch.

I don't care much for wide eyed idealists, or jaded politicos. To me there are two overriding issues in this election.................national security, and the economy. Pie in the sky may make for great sound bites, but it won't keep our country safe, or solvent.

You would be more excited if your preferred candidate didn't run the worst campaign in all of American history - spending 50 million dollars of his supporter's money for one delegate.

For those of us whose candidates are still in it, and who have a shot at winning the thing, please let us have our exciting moment.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 12:31 pm
Cycloptichorn - Oh, I agree. I think that Rudy shot himself in the foot. It was a pity. I think that he would have made a good president.

Quote:
For those of us whose candidates are still in it, and who have a shot at winning the thing, please let us have our exciting moment.

You are entitled to your exciting moment. And I am entitled to my opinion. Sound fair???
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 01:02 pm
Re: Bear
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bear, I have the solution. Lets all vote for Michele Obama. She's a better speaker than Barack anyway---and just as smart. She Black and a Woman. I like her a lot.

That's the same thing I said to my husband yesterday! Michelle is really something.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 02:46 pm
snood wrote:

I guess I just can't yet get over the habit of giving a lot of weight to those who would vote for anyone before a Dem, a woman (and another whole subset of those who wouldn't ever vote for Hillary), or a black.

The reason you don't need to worry is that those who would never vote for a Dem... those who would never vote for a woman... those who would never vote for Hilllary and those who would never vote for a black.

... they are all the same people.

Obama or Hillary will win with the rest of the country.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 02:47 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bear, I have the solution. Lets all vote for Michele Obama. She's a better speaker than Barack anyway---and just as smart. She Black and a Woman. I like her a lot. I also like Elizabeth Edwards a lot.

Problem solved. If Barack is so smart, why didn't he think of this solution long ago?

BBB

If we're voting for the spouses I'm afraid it's still a Clinton for me, BBB. Sorry honey. Love ya though.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 03:47 pm
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
....... Lets all vote for Michele Obama. ...... She('s) Black and a Woman.

What difference do either of these things make?

Why is it important for a black candidate to win?

What if the candidate was blue, or purple, or white, or yellow, or pink , or green , or brown, or gray instead?

What difference is it?

Isn't 'racism' the process of promoting one race on the basis of race?

Why can't you ignore the person's color and look at their qualifications? Look at what they plan to do (actions) if elected.

If we are ever to be a color blind society, we have to reject the racial politics being promoted in this way.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 03:50 pm
snood wrote:

That thing you said about the Dem nominee likely becoming president - I sure wish I was as confident as you are about that.

If the nominee is someone far less liberal than Obama or Hillary, then they'd have a much better chance.

Why don't the Dems support a centrist candidate?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 03:51 pm
Hillary is a centrist
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 04:03 pm
Do you think forcing women to register for the military draft is a centrist position?

Do you think support for homosexual marriage is a centrist position?

Do you think nationalizing the health care industry is a centrist position?

Do you think support for partial birth abortion is a centrist position?

Do you think allowing illegal immigrants to get drivers licenses is a centrist position?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 04:06 pm
do you put forth that these are all her positions?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 04:07 pm
Clinton is not for many of those things. Though several of them are centrist, yes.

Thanks for playing tho

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 04:11 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Clinton is not for many of those things. Though several of them are centrist, yes.

Thanks for playing tho

Cycloptichorn

Which of these do you folks in Berkeley consider 'centrist' ?

The last centrist to ever have a spot on a national ticket was Joe Lieberman, and they ran him out of the party.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 04:13 pm
These three:

Do you think forcing women to register for the military draft is a centrist position?

Do you think support for homosexual marriage is a centrist position?

Do you think allowing illegal immigrants to get drivers licenses is a centrist position?

Please remember that you are so far to the right, that everything looks left to you.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 04:16 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
These three:

.....forcing women to register for the military draft is a centrist position...

.......support for homosexual marriage is a centrist position......

...... allowing illegal immigrants to get drivers licenses is a centrist position.....

Please remember that you are so far to the right, that everything looks left to you.

Cycloptichorn

On what basis, other than your opinion , do you claim that these are centrist positions?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 04:23 pm
If, as she stated, Ann Coulter is voting for Hillary rather than McCain, which one of the two candidates is the centrists when compared to Ann Coulter?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 04:24 pm
real life wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
These three:

.....forcing women to register for the military draft is a centrist position...

.......support for homosexual marriage is a centrist position......

...... allowing illegal immigrants to get drivers licenses is a centrist position.....

Cycloptichorn

On what basis, other than your opinion , do you claim that these are centrist positions?

Because they all are based upon the dual ideas of equality and pragmatism.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies