If Obama Wins

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 03:43 pm
I will not complain..... if Hillary wins.... I will not crow.... If McCain wins.... I will keep silent.

I find that I no longer give a damn. People always need a dj and they usually pay cash.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,146 • Replies: 131
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 04:03 pm
USA had miserably failed to enthuse the world under our RIGHT Honourable BUSH.
The future person who ushurp the power to belittle decency of the undernourished non-consuming critical populace has got a lot of jobs to do.

Lost causes and unfulfilled Dreams and forsaken believes= USA

"Half of the American people have never read a newspaper.
Half never voted for President.
One hopes it is the same half."
Gore Vidal
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 04:18 pm
Bear,

You left out a couple... What if Romney wins? Or Huckabee?

((Happily I don't think the crazy guy has a chance worth mentioning)).
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 04:23 pm
Among the corporated sponser bunch of candidates none will reshape the image of USA.
It is not my business to criticize the taste of democracy of USA if it is Germany or France or India.
But it is my business to est the QUALITY of a product( Democracy) emanated/ exported from USA.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 05:22 pm
What a frustrating campaign.

I've realized today that I DO like Obama.

I do not like how his followers are acting.

It's a religious zeal, coupled with a willingness to overlook any perceived flaw in their candidate.

This is the same feeling that I had when I decided to leave christianity. There was too much unquestioning zeal and willingness to overlook facts in favor of beliefs.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 05:23 pm
And after this campaign, I'll probably take a 6 month news break.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 05:38 pm
I am not quite sure but my instict says that
the future kitchen power resident is some one
who can wash his toilet with some man-made papers.
Bill Gate is not a candidate nor his counter revolutionaries.

Let us read avidly WP, NYT, IHT, CSM, or any tabloids
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 05:59 pm
maporsche wrote:
What a frustrating campaign.

I do not like how his followers are acting.

It's a religious zeal, coupled with a willingness to overlook any perceived flaw in their candidate.

This is the same feeling that I had when I decided to leave christianity. There was too much unquestioning zeal and willingness to overlook facts in favor of beliefs.

Ma,

As a strong Obama supporter, I would like to know how to make you feel better about our attempts to get him elected.

You should understand that it is a political campaign (and not all zeal is inappropriate in this context). We realize that Obama is not divinely inspired and I don't think it is religious.

We do feel that he will be a great president, and is the best of the candidates. I personally am very excited about his candidacy.

What can we do to make you more comfortable?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 06:02 pm
"It's not just enough to change the players. We've gotta change the game."
he should change his attitude at first before he wish to make any change.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 07:56 pm
maporsche wrote:

I personally like the guy too. It's just his policies I don't like.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 08:37 pm
Jim wrote:
maporsche wrote:

I personally like the guy too. It's just his policies I don't like.
Yeah i hear that, I would much prefer a liberal running for president.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 08:37 pm
Re: If Obama Wins
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I will not complain..... if Hillary wins.... I will not crow.... If McCain wins.... I will keep silent.

I find that I no longer give a damn. People always need a dj and they usually pay cash.

"If Obama Wins"?

what happened to, "Hillary Clinton is the next president - get used to it!"
-and that type shyt?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 08:39 pm
snood wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

"If Obama Wins"?

what happened to, "Hillary Clinton is the next president - get used to it!"
-and that type shyt?

You know what happened to it Laughing

The coat of inevitability wore off quicker then anyone expected.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 09:14 pm
sorry girls, I still think Hillary will win.

I just don't give a damn any longer. I see how this entire campaign has divided people even further and made them snottier and shittier to one another than ever, exactly the opposite of what's being claimed by the new messiah.

I don't need that **** and I don't care.

But to all you smug dicks, I still think Hillary's the one.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 09:47 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I see how this entire campaign has divided people even further and made them snottier and shittier to one another than ever, exactly the opposite of what's being claimed by the new messiah.

I know! I mean, come on Obama, why are you letting Bear call people smug dicks? It really burns me up how Obama lets people on the internet get carried away like that.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 09:57 pm
cyphercat wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I see how this entire campaign has divided people even further and made them snottier and shittier to one another than ever, exactly the opposite of what's being claimed by the new messiah.

I know! I mean, come on Obama, why are you letting Bear call people smug dicks? It really burns me up how Obama lets people on the internet get carried away like that.

relax cypher... I've been relegated to ignorant dick status around here ever since i said i didn't trust Obama or support him... by people who supposedly used to be my cypher friends for many years around here... and my non support of Obama was ALL IT TOOK to change that.... Obama didn't do that... messiah types are never the troublemakers... their blind followers are...
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 11:15 pm
Now, now, I really don't think you've been relegated to ignorant dick status, Bear... If someone was going to think you're a dick just because of your, you know, delightfully irreverent style, I'm sure they already thought that before this campaign season started Razz

No one's decided they don't like you just because of your comments about Hillary having it locked up--you're allowed to be dreadfully, dreadfully mistaken! ..... you don't REALLY think anybody here has stopped being your cyber friend over all this, do you?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 12:56 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

If McCain wins.... I will keep silent.

For how long? :wink:
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 09:11 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
sorry girls, I still think Hillary will win.

I just don't give a damn any longer. I see how this entire campaign has divided people even further and made them snottier and shittier to one another than ever, exactly the opposite of what's being claimed by the new messiah.

I don't need that **** and I don't care.

But to all you smug dicks, I still think Hillary's the one.

Chin up, bear. It's a temporary thing. But more than that, it's all quite understandable. And it's all more positive - much more positive - than perhaps you are feeling right now.

There's simply no chance that a contest in the US for the nomination between a black male and a female where the winner will likely become President would not be divisive. Both constituencies have been denied such equality throughout US history. There's a lot of passion for the (now) two candidates and that's a good thing too, even if it has the inevitable consequence of dividing loyalties. It's an extremely important election and we all care a lot. I've mentioned the unique level of contention that has arisen here on a2k between us folks on the left and some of it has targetted me as well as yourself (as we have targetted contenders to our choices or our ideas).

Further, as many of historians have been pointing out, this nomination cycle for the Dems has actually been relatively mild and much more contentiousness has gone on in the past.

And, of course, there's the possibility that afterwards, we'll all get together for make-up sex.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 10:37 am
This might not be the best time to say this, Blatham...

But I have kind of been seeing a Ron Paul supporter.
0 Replies