RON PAUL........ FTW

High Seas

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 12:32 pm
OE - is it possible you fail to see that in pairwise matchups (as in your posted table) the pairs never exceed 100%? Perhaps it is possible - the nefarious influence of your legal clients, presumably.

Jason - Ron Paul's positions are closer to the basic Republican philosophy than any of the other Republican candidates; unfortunately he doesn't have the party machinery behind him, making his nomination highly improbable.

What scenario do you envisage when you say "win"?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 12:49 pm
High Seas wrote:
OE - is it possible you fail to see that in pairwise matchups (as in your posted table) the pairs never exceed 100%?

Oh! Pairwise matchups! Marvellous...

So now that we have gotten so far, why don't you go and re-read ebrown's post you commented on:

ebrown_p wrote:
McCain has probably a 40% chance of beating Clinton (a bit less if Obama is the nominee). Giulliani probably has a 30% shot ... Romney about 25% and the other Huckster guy about 10%....

What do you think (and this question has to do with reading comprehension skills): was he talking about percentages of Republican candidates in pairwise matchups vis-a-vis a Democratic candidate, or about total percentages of the respective Republican candidates?

Now, once you figured that one out, here's the next question: which poster looked quite a bit silly in replying to the above post as follows?

Quote:
LOL - I so wish I could bet on the fantastic odds quoted by Mr Brown-Munoz!

Total as calculated in his post is 105%. Plus the maximum 10% generously awarded in a previous post to Ron Paul makes 115%. Adding a few points for minor candidates, fees and commissions, and we're safely over 120%.

Bilingual education in arithmetic is to blame?!

Take your time, High Seas....
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 12:58 pm
OE - you truly are the most godawful bore! I need no assistance with finding my own posts, or counting from 0 to 100 - thank you for the kind offer all the same.

Please re-read my posts, s l o w l y, using a calculator if necessary (or counting on your fingers in the absence of technical equipment) and then post your question(s) if any. Re-posting past entries from short threads is boorish behavior and a discourtesy to our host, who wishes to discuss Ron Paul.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:09 pm
High Seas wrote:
Jason - Ron Paul's positions are closer to the basic Republican philosophy than any of the other Republican candidates; unfortunately he doesn't have the party machinery behind him, making his nomination highly improbable.

What scenario do you envisage when you say "win"?

Rolling Eyes A scenario in which the "voter generated" millions of dollars continue to roll in and in the same manner that he has surprised many by drawing with Giuliani, he will tie with Romney and then Huckabee.

Now, as for winning over the Republican nomination....its not very likely that's understood. and to that I say........ Ron Paul FTW
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:13 pm
Jason - the virtual tie with Giuliani in NH was impressive, and funds do keep coming in, but nothing to compare with the big guns in the Republican party. We'll see.....
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:20 pm
High Seas wrote:
OE - you truly are the most godawful bore! I need no assistance with finding my own posts, or counting from 0 to 100 - thank you for the kind offer all the same.

So if you are able to count from 0 to 100, maybe you're also able to understand - now that you've had the chance to go back and re-read - that ebrown was talking about matchups.... right?

Of course I don't know if your comment on his post was the consequence of insufficient reading comprehension skills, or if you, as you so often like to do, simply didn't bother about the lack of logic or substance in your reply and lashed out at somebody, while mixing in some insults about the poster's background that had absolutely nothing to do with this thread or the topic at hand.

Whatever it was, congratulations. Good work.

High Seas wrote:
Re-posting past entries from short threads is boorish behavior and a discourtesy to our host, who wishes to discuss Ron Paul.

You're certainly the right person to lecture others about boorish behaviour, High Seas. Or about what our host wishes to discuss.

You've jumped into this thread, lashing out at ebrown, and you probably thought you'd come across witty and intelligent by using funny words like "hispanically-challenged probability calculus".

And you know what? That's fine, too. It marvellous. You absolutely have the right to make a fool out of yourself. Or to ignore the topic of the thread in order to insult other posters. In fact, I encourage you to keep up the good work. Not that you need my endorsement, of course.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:20 pm
High Seas wrote:
Jason - the virtual tie with Giuliani in NH was impressive, and funds do keep coming in, but nothing to compare with the big guns in the Republican party. We'll see.....

Occasionally, I put on my realistic shades and know full well that he hasn't a chance in hell. I hear everything you say. But ya know......

It's just nice to have a reason to vote again. Nice to believe in someone that has almost all the same beliefs. just feels good.

Thanks for respecting that by the way.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:22 pm
Are we still talking about Ron Paul? Confused
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:26 pm
jasonrest wrote:
Are we still talking about Ron Paul? Confused

Very Happy

No. Sorry for going completely off-topic on your thread. I just felt like saying that. Partly because I find it annoying when people go out of their way to insult other posters while displaying a frustrating lack of comprehension or logic themselves.

Feel free to go back to the discussion at hand.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:26 pm
jasonrest wrote:
High Seas wrote:

Occasionally, I put on my realistic shades and know full well that he hasn't a chance in hell. I hear everything you say. But ya know......

It's just nice to have a reason to vote again. Nice to believe in someone that has almost all the same beliefs. just feels good.

Thanks for respecting that by the way.

Fellow fan of Ron Paul here, suggest you simply ignore the innumerate spoilsports spamming your thread - not one of them is a likely Republican voter anyway Smile
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:31 pm
No jason
We misuse this podium to uphold our inadequacies.

I pay my respect to Ron for his steadfast stand against barbaric war and banal torture.
He is a grand old man with a little bit of CIVIL and MORAL courage to expose the barbaric behaviour of the powers-that-be.
As a communist I respect this gentle humanbeing for his anti-war stand.
He has no chance and he wish not to be the president.
The future president is pro war and a subservient servant of corporate comrades.
All the best USA
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 01:49 pm
This was a discussion about why even though Ron Paul has no chance and that his groupies are loud and obnoxious, that he makes the election better for us progressive Democrats.

The way that a Ron Paul groupie made a ethnically-based attack on mathematics is interesting to this point-- but the actual mathematics are... well mathematics.

So I started a new thread in the relevant section

Bilingual Math meets Ron Paul math
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 07:54 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKjhNa6PGLk

Ron Paul. No Chance?

What an election, OH BOY!!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 10:08 pm
What did you think about his answer repudiating the 911 truthers?
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 10:24 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
What did you think about his answer repudiating the 911 truthers?
He dodged it the best he could. I checked with my peeps. They are Unphased. They know thay cannot be aknowledged....yet.

Why doesn't any other republican get questioned on some of their nasty contributors?

(off topic)
Hillary Clinton has taken something like 100,000 from medical insurance lobbyist right about the time she gave up on her plan. You won't hear them ask her about that.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 12:16 am
High Seas wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
jasonrest wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
((You do understand WHY I want him to be the Republican nominee, right?))

enlighten me.
and also read what Amigo said ^^^.
A point I had forgotten.

McCain has probably a 40% chance of beating Clinton (a bit less if Obama is the nominee). Giulliani probably has a 30% shot ... Romney about 25% and the other Huckster guy about 10%....

LOL - I so wish I could bet on the fantastic odds quoted by Mr Brown-Munoz!

Total as calculated in his post is 105%. Plus the maximum 10% generously awarded in a previous post to Ron Paul makes 115%. Adding a few points for minor candidates, fees and commissions, and we're safely over 120%.

Bilingual education in arithmetic is to blame?!
Brown says "probably" and "about" (margin of error) meaning that 5% percent is give or take between candidates making 100% between them all. The minor candidates have been excluded from the 100% for practical and resonable purposes.

The only question now is are you a clown or an idiot?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 12:38 am
ebrown_p wrote:
I guess bigotry and mathematics don't go too well together.

((Would you like me to explain why your post is stupid in English or in Spanish?))
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 12:41 am
How about this clip???

http://www.ronpaulwarroom.com/?p=1120
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 12:41 am
Amigo wrote:
Brown says "probably" and "about" (margin of error) meaning that 5% percent is give or take between candidates making 100% between them all. The minor candidates have been excluded from the 100% for practical and resonable purposes.

The only question now is are you a clown or an idiot?
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Almost as good...

If anyone else out there is running around clueless; the totals proximity to 100 is purely incidental.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2008 12:51 am
Occom, What do you think about Ron Paul?

There is no way in hell I thought I would end up respecting and rooting for a Republican.

I am not trying to draw you into a long answer or debate. I am just wondering. we were on oppisite sides.
0 Replies