Part 2
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,697 • Replies: 124
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 08:20 pm
Just what the Hell is Ron Paul - FTW supposed to mean?

Seriously, if it's a private code, why bother posting?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 08:42 pm
I missed this episode of Letterman. What does FTW stand for?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 08:59 pm
Google says it means For The Win. I think jasonrest is a Ron Paul supporter.

I like Ron Paul, and wish he had a chance in hell. He's just about the only Republican that sounds as if he might have actually thought about the issues and come up with conclusions using his very own brain.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:02 pm
I haven't seen or heard much about Ron Paul. I thought he presented himself pretty good on Letterman. Seems to have a good sense of humor too.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:07 pm
Ron Paul gets (and courts) the white supremacist vote.

He is a dangerous nutcase.

((but don't feel bad, I would love to see him win the Republican nomination))
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:08 pm
Really? I guess I need to do more research. Is there a quote or a link that demonstrates your point, ebrown?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:13 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
...He is a dangerous nutcase...
Why?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:13 pm
Ron Paul FTL.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:16 pm
kickycan wrote:
Really? I guess I need to do more research. Is there a quote or a link that demonstrates your point, ebrown?

I looked into him and found stuff like this:

From Ron Paul's self-published 1992 newsletter,
The Ron Paul Political Report:

Quote:
"Many more are going to have difficultly avoiding the belief that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists -- and they can be identified by the color of their skin. This conclusion may not be entirely fair, but it is, for many, entirely unavoidable.

Indeed, it is shocking to consider the uniformity of opinion among blacks in this country. Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty, and the end of welfare and affirmative action.... Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the "criminal justice system," I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal. "

You have to dig around a little to avoid the endless Ron Paul Fan sites, but there is plenty of information like this if you search. He has good sound bites, but his substance is scary.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:21 pm
kickycan wrote:
Google says it means For The Win. I think jasonrest is a Ron Paul supporter.

I like Ron Paul, and wish he had a chance in hell. He's just about the only Republican that sounds as if he might have actually thought about the issues and come up with conclusions using his very own brain.

It does in fact mean for the win, and while his chances look slim, this is the first time that I will be voting since I was able to, and it's because of him.
Some weeks ago, he was insignificant and now he's tied with Rudy.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:22 pm
Ron Paul wrote:

Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal

Ron Paul wrote:

Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action

Ron Paul wrote:

we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers.

Source
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:23 pm
Green Witch wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Quote:
"Many more are going to have difficultly avoiding the belief that our country is being destroyed by a group of actual and potential terrorists -- and they can be identified by the color of their skin. This conclusion may not be entirely fair, but it is, for many, entirely unavoidable.

Indeed, it is shocking to consider the uniformity of opinion among blacks in this country. Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5% of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty, and the end of welfare and affirmative action.... Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the "criminal justice system," I think we can safely assume that 95% of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal. "

You have to dig around a little to avoid the endless Ron Paul Fan sites, but there is plenty of information like this if you search. He has good sound bites, but his substance is scary.

Can you provide a direct link?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:39 pm
jasonrest wrote:

ebrown beat me to it. However, it appears on a few reputable places on the web. You can search around and pick a source you like.

I'm not trying to pick on you jason, I just want you (and anyone else) to go beyond what a politician says when he is doing a stump speech and look at other sources.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:45 pm
Green Witch wrote:
kickycan wrote:

Quote:

I read on wikipedia that he said his newsletter was written by other people and he didn't actually feel that way. Of course, it is his newsletter, so that really doesn't mean much I guess.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:50 pm
From wikipedia's Ron Paul page.

~~~~~

"In 2001, Paul took "moral responsibility" for the comments printed in his newsletter under his name, telling Texas Monthly magazine that the comments were written by an unnamed ghostwriter and did not represent his views. He said newsletter remarks referring to U.S. Representative Barbara Jordan (calling her a "fraud" and a "half-educated victimologist") were "the saddest thing, because Barbara and I served together and actually she was a delightful lady." The magazine defended Paul's decision to protect the writer's confidence in 1996, concluding, "In four terms as a U.S. congressman and one presidential race, Paul had never uttered anything remotely like this." In 2007, with the quotes resurfacing, New York Times Magazine writer Christopher Caldwell concurred that Paul denied the allegations "quite believably, since the style diverges widely from his own," but added that Paul's "response to the accusations was not transparent."
0 Replies

UnderINK

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:51 pm
I don't think I blame him for his remark. While I don't think the number is as high as 95%, a lot of residential black people are involved in crime in ratio to whites. I'm not a white supremicist (I have my bouts with every color of skin) but I don't honestly care about that aspect of Ron Paul. Racism isn't a major concern of mine. It exists everywhere, even against white people. People in America hate my Russian heritage even though the cold war is over; my boyfriend is constantly remarked at for being Polish (and therefore likely Jewish blooded). It's just inevitable; humans have always held grudges and prejudices against other races. What matters is that their rights aren't taken, which he doesn't seem intent on doing in the slightest. I'm more interested in his plans for the economy and particularly the IRS.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:58 pm
jasonrest wrote:
... and while his chances look slim, ...

Did you say "slim"?

Is that a euphamism for "ain't no chance in hell"?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 09:58 pm
kickycan wrote:
From wikipedia's Ron Paul page.

~~~~~

"In 2001, Paul took "moral responsibility" for the comments printed in his newsletter under his name, telling Texas Monthly magazine that the comments were written by an unnamed ghostwriter and did not represent his views. ..."

I think you can judge a politician by those who support him:

Neo-Nazi Leader Supports Ron Paul
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 10:17 pm
counter point.
Green Witch wrote:
jasonrest wrote:

ebrown beat me to it. However, it appears on a few reputable places on the web. You can search around and pick a source you like.

I'm not trying to pick on you jason, I just want you (and anyone else) to go beyond what a politician says when he is doing a stump speech and look at other sources.

No need to apologize, the truth is all that matters.
Even before the source was posted in response, I had found some other sources that showed this to be true.

Admittedly, I have some bias because he is the only candidate that makes sense, his voting record is consistent with his views and blah blah blah but this is quite shocking to say the least.

While Ron did in fact state that he was not aware of this........Someone has already pointed out that this was his newsletter so this is hard to believe.
However, take a look at this, where not only did he deny that he had anything to do with those statements but he also took "moral responsibility" for that newsletter which bares his name.
Source.

Again, as a Black American, I would not excuse him for this whether he said it or someone said it on his behalf but, as the article states, this was totally out of character for him.....read the entire article if you have the time.

I honestly don't believe he said or wrote this but, it was his newsletter and he has taken responsibility for it. RON PAUL FTW.
0 Replies