Is there such thing as destiny and soulmates?

DestinyBeliever

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 07:21 am
By the sound of it, I just need to fill up my time everyday till the pain just don't seem to be there anymore. Why do we have to go thru pain again and again?

Montana, hope you dun mind me asking but why are you hurting for a man you can't be with? Are there really no man available anymore? What's going on in this world? There seems to be so many more single women than men.

Thanks Sunlover, I'll try to lookup the recommended book.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 6 Feb, 2008 11:13 am
DestinyBeliever wrote:
By the sound of it, I just need to fill up my time everyday till the pain just don't seem to be there anymore. .

That would be avoiding yourself and the pain, which a lot of people try. it is basically the same coping mechanism as being a workaholic, almost exactly the same actually. It will maybe get you through the day, it will not help you to grow.
0 Replies

DestinyBeliever

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 07:17 am
hawkeye10 wrote:

That would be avoiding yourself and the pain, which a lot of people try. it is basically the same coping mechanism as being a workaholic, almost exactly the same actually. It will maybe get you through the day, it will not help you to grow.

What am I suppose to do then? It's weekend again with 2 additional holidays and I'm finding it difficult to cope with the singleness. I'm trying to be home to have more time with my mom but I'm still feeling the pain hence I wan to get out but getting out, I have no where to go.

My emotions were getting better till we chatted online for awhile then he called me yesterday nite as a friend. Told him if friendship is what he have in mind with me, I'm not ready and dun ever call me like that again as it makes it harder for me. After that call, I find myself falling back a couple of steps to where I was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'm trying not to go back there...where the pain and bitterness was.

Now, I know I have to do something for myself but back then I was just mourning and crying. I dun wan that....

How does one live single at the age where most friends have family attachments? I feel so out of the conversation when ppl talk about their spouse, in-laws, kids...school.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 12:04 pm
You need to learn to be OK with yourself enough that you can stand being with yourself. Once you master that you will find intimacy easier to get to and more rewarding.

Try "Intimacy and Solitude" by Stephanie Dowrick. I am not trying to put you off, I think she can give you the direction that you are seaking much better than I could.
0 Replies

DestinyBeliever

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 02:54 am
I'm afraid once I get used to being with myself alone...I can no longer adapt to have anyone in my life. This is what happens to many of the still single ppl out there. Men and women alike, they are so independent and strong that they no longer can accept another individual into their lives if any slight changes are to take place.

I dun wan that either. I wan a companion but I really dun see that being possible...I know myself. I know I will be getting out of this soon and I'm afraid...very afraid of the person I will be.

I feel I've missed out in life already. Missed out the childhood most ppl had when I was a child...and now I've missed out on my youth as well.

I know I'm not old but I've missed out the dating then marriage at 25 and child at 28. I should be a mother of 2 with the eldest at 4 years old by now.

But I've missed it and the life I can only look forward to is one living on my own? What if I dun wan this?

Why dun I have a choice? Why can't I have what I want at anytime in this life? All I had ever ever wished for is to settle down and have a family.

Since young...that's all I ever wanted. Am I to settle for less yet again in life? Is that too much to ask for? I have to accept the reality now that I've missed it and failed myself again.

I really dun see the point in life...I really dun.

Many times, I dun see who would miss me when I'm gone...I can't think of anyone. Life goes on for everyone else...I dun mean a thing to anyone..not even myself.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 06:52 am
Hi Destiny.

You are recieving good advice here. You need to listen.

In your opening post you said...

Quote:
As for me, I have no more hope to live for. I had a tough life from childhood...big family with me feeling always neglected. As I go to school and college, it's the same. I am never good enough no matter how I try.

In my family, I have the worse looks and teeth and just not the favorite of either my mom or dad or aunt or other sisters itself. I do all sort of housework and extras to get the attention of my family members. But yet, I am never the first they remember.

In school and college, I was always nominated but always never get elected for important roles. Even in terms of education, I study really hard but I'm always the second position...over the years.

In a nutshell, I'm always the first loser for all things that matters to me. I'm tired of living. The only hope I had was this man I met who gave me some light of living. Now...that's probably going too. I'm again the first loser compared to his wife.

Now yu are saying

Quote:
Why dun I have a choice? Why can't I have what I want at anytime in this life? All I had ever ever wished for is to settle down and have a family.

Since young...that's all I ever wanted. Am I to settle for less yet again in life? Is that too much to ask for? I have to accept the reality now that I've missed it and failed myself again.

I really dun see the point in life...I really dun.

Many times, I dun see who would miss me when I'm gone...I can't think of anyone. Life goes on for everyone else...I dun mean a thing to anyone..not even myself.

IF you didn't mean anything to yourself, you wouldn't be in pain right now. Pain is your souls way of saying that you need to grow, that you need to make changes in your life and your way of thinking. Pain is your "self" crying out to you to think and act differently because your thoughts and actions are in conflict with what your "self" or soul really wants and needs.

Believe me, you have no claim to being the only one that has been the least perfect child in a large family. You have no claim to being the one constantly overlooked, or working hard and not getting the credit deserved, or always being second best. There are millions that have walked in your shoes, including myself. You are trying to claim to be a victim, but you aren't a victim at the hands of others. You are doing exactly what you want to do in order to BE the victim.

Your soul or "self" is tired of your way of thinking. It's tired of being second best when it knows it is number 1!!! That's why you are in pain.

Why do you like being the victim? What does it get you? What benefit do you get from it? Does it allow you to not have to work as hard? Does it get you sympathy? Does it allow you to put responsibility for not being your best on others? (Kind of like "destiny." Claiming destiny or fate is at work means you are totally not resposnible for what is happening in your life when in fact you are completely in control.)

Can you see that by claiming a married man is your soul mate / destiny for six years you were NOT taking responsibility for your actions? Can you see that YOU set yourself up for certain failure from the start? Can you see that YOU, not destiny put yourself in second place?

Figure out why you continue to want to be a victim. What do you get out of it?

For today, all day, you need to stop listening to that little guy sitting on your shoulder telling you that you are worthless, won't be missed, will always be alone, etc. EVERY time you hear a thought like that coming into your head today I want you to reach up and flick that creeps little butt right off your shoulder. He has no idea what he's talking about. He's a fool.

Then laugh. Yes, laugh even if it's forced and you really don't feel like it. Laugh even if it's only inside. And, replace the negative thoughts with good thoughts about yourself even if you don't believe them right now.

Your soul mate is YOU. Your destiny is what YOU make it.

Now chin up, girl. What are you going to do today for your self?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 07:05 am
Oh, and by the way, you will no longer be referred to as Destiny by me. You will be called Believer while you are here.
0 Replies

DestinyBeliever

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 11:26 am
Appreciate your post Squinney.

All that you've mentioned makes a lot of sense to me...

As for what am I gonna do for myself today? I'll live one day at a time. There's many changes which I wanna make in my life but I am evaluating if that really makes sense. That would of course be my job.

I was out for dinner with my eldest sister whom I have very high regards and respect to. She's worked really hard to get to where she is and I may not be what she is like at all. I've tried talking to her before but what did come back was that I am spoilt and take things for granted. I dun believe that I am...it's just that life is different for me and her.

Anyway, I do appreciate all the good advice which I am getting from many ppl here who are indeed very experienced and have a more holistic view of life that I at this moment. As I read back the old postings I can see myself moving out of where I was back then when the first posting was done.

Thank you all for your time and advice. I know that with all this I'm equipt to ride this difficult time and I will try to do this the best I can.
0 Replies

DestinyBeliever

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 09:20 pm
hey there...been back to work. my attachment to this man seem lessen considerably now. but since we work and hang out with the same ppl, i can't help but feel that although i'm there, he's treating me as if i'm invisible.

i kinda feel ignored even as a friend. he's claiming that he can't take the attachment to our routine for the last 6 years hence he have to treat me this way. but what i feel is that his attitute is making it even harder for me as i'm trying to rebuild my life and confidence.

his ignorance of me is just getting harder. i've asked him to stay away from the office since he's not willing or not ready to talk to me face to face on how should be tackle this difficult times.

many things still runs in my mind but more of finding where i can and should place myself. i'm trying to look for a new job as i dun see how this current job is good for me unless there is a change soon but i also have personal issues to deal with.

i just hope i'm strong enough to last thru this and bounce up to perform again. i have to drag myself out of bed everyday to go to work and it's just not getting any easier.

should i just leave and take a break to reassess myself what and who am i?
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 12:24 am
Hi Destiny,

I see that things are still difficult and confusing for you. You have my best wishes that things will get better and that the strength that is in each and everyone of us will eventually be clearer to you.

If I may make a samll observation - not of you, but of life in general (bear with me, as because it's not overly obvious, it takes a little explaining with a few examples) - did you know that our minds follow the path our language sets us on?

If that sounds incomprehensible, think of it this way - if I ask you not to think of any elephant, can you not think of an elephant? (it's actually impossible not to do - the mind must first think of the object in order to not think of it…the same goes if you are carrying something fragile and difficult to balance - if I say "don't drop it", you first have to think of dropping it in order to think of not dropping it)

In practical terms related to what you are going through - if you ask yourself a positive question, your mind goes down the path of forming a positive answer (ask a positive question, get a positive answer)…and more importantly, if you ask a negative question, you get a negative answer…and if you are predisposed to a negative answer, then asking a neutral question usually has the same effect (a negative answer).

Some random examples of positive questions, made up off the top of my head (ie they may not be perfect)

-What steps must I take to strengthen my self confidence
-What must I do to increase my self esteem.
-What is best for me in this situation
-What lesson is in this that will help me grow
-What reward makes this worth the effort (by the way, this reward shouldn't depend on other people)
-How can I keep my values intact and deal with this in a caring manner

What not to ask :

-Why me?
-Why did you do that? (don't ask this of yourself that is - out loud is different. The positive question is "Why would a rational caring person do this" or "What hope does he/she hope to achieve by behaving this way" or "Why would vulnerable person who cares for him/herself say this"
-How come I can't do this (vs "How do I do this, one step at a time if necessary")
-What am I doing wrong (vs "What needs to be modified to make this work")

etc
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 07:27 am
DestinyBeliever wrote:
By the sound of it, I just need to fill up my time everyday till the pain just don't seem to be there anymore. Why do we have to go thru pain again and again?

Montana, hope you dun mind me asking but why are you hurting for a man you can't be with? Are there really no man available anymore? What's going on in this world? There seems to be so many more single women than men.

Thanks Sunlover, I'll try to lookup the recommended book.

Sorry it took so long to respond. I've been crazy busy lately.

I'm hurting for a man a can't be with because I have feelings for him. There are men available, but none that I want as of yet. I don't dwell on the hurt that I have and I know that it will pass in time.

I'll meet the right man some day, but after what I went through in my last 2 relationships, I'm taking my sweet time to make sure I don't end up in another abusive relationship. In the mean time, I'm content with living my life alone. Every time I start getting lonely, I think back to what my last 2 men put me through and I snap right out of it.

I've been alone for 9 years and I am set in my ways, but it doesn't mean that I can't live with a man again, as long as it's a good man.

My problem is I fall for men who are poison to me and until that changes, I'll continue to live alone and be content with that. It sure as hell beats being with someone who is going to rip my heart on a daily bases.

I'm confident that I'll meet the right man some day, but until then, I'm happy enough with myself.

Best of luck to you!
0 Replies

DestinyBeliever

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 07:35 pm
Hi Montana. I'm in the midst of reading Mars and Venus Starting Over by Dr. John Gray. You may wanna give that book a shot. Many of the things stated in there are what we do know but revisiting it refreshes your logical mind in many areas.

For me...it wasn't just this relationship. It did trigger alot more of the pain in me which I've been trying to forget. But it never gets forgotten. It has to be dealt with.

It's been 3mths and I'm still discovering more about myself.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 08:29 pm
DestinyBeliever wrote:
Hi Montana. I'm in the midst of reading Mars and Venus Starting Over by Dr. John Gray. You may wanna give that book a shot. Many of the things stated in there are what we do know but revisiting it refreshes your logical mind in many areas.

For me...it wasn't just this relationship. It did trigger alot more of the pain in me which I've been trying to forget. But it never gets forgotten. It has to be dealt with.

Fabulous...so long as "dealt with" can sometimes be the same thing as "accepted". There are things about ourselves and our past which can not be changed, or sometimes can not even be put in a better perspective. Sometimes we have to take ourselves as we are, just as we sometimes have to take others as they are. Sometimes not.

"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 11:15 am
DestinyBeliever wrote:

It's been 9 years and I'm still discovering more about myself Laughing

You're right that it is never forgotten, but the pain does go away and as Martha Stewart would say "That's a good thing"! Cool

I'm confident that you'll get through this just fine ;-)

Hang in there kiddo!
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 02:10 pm
Quote:
It's been 9 years and I'm still discovering more about myself

You know, while it's fun discovering new things about yourself - it's also a pain in the ass ...I'd have also like to have known lots more about myself lots younger!!!!....I think Confused
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 04:50 pm
I would have also liked to have learned more about myself when I was younger, but I was too busy putting all my energy towards men who were poison to me.

I don't think it's a pain in the ass at all to learn more about myself. the more I learn, the more I like myself :-D

I never knew I was such a good person until I got to know myself.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 09:11 pm
Montana wrote:
...I never knew I was such a good person until I got to know myself.

Geez, Montana. You sure wasted a lot of time. You could've just asked us.

Laughing
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 04:04 am
But people never truly believe it until they find out for themselves Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 08:28 pm
Eva wrote:
Montana wrote:
...I never knew I was such a good person until I got to know myself.

Geez, Montana. You sure wasted a lot of time. You could've just asked us.

Laughing

I sure wish I knew you guys in those lost days, Eva! I truly do!!!

Thanks girlfriend :-D

(((((Eva))))))
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 08:30 pm
vikorr wrote:
But people never truly believe it until they find out for themselves Very Happy

This is true!
0 Replies