Should Potential M-I-L Step In?

sozobe

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 12:08 pm
... and hands off that which is not your dominion! ;-)

Seriously, it sounds like your stepson is starting to figure things out. Hope there's a happy ending for everyone.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:21 pm
Are you minding your own dominion, eoe? Are ya? Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:23 pm
i guess...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:31 pm
Good girl! ;-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 13 Dec, 2007 10:55 pm
Well, this brings up, do people need to follow a majority of a2k opinion?

Certainly not.

Whatever you do, eoe, we understand.
er, well, speaking for me, clears throat.

Kidding. We're past all that. Got your heels.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 07:54 am
Actually, I bought this here because I couldn't determine whether talking with my step's ex was a good idea or not. You guys put alot into proper perspective for me. Now, I'm not saying that i won't feel compelled later, if this mess continues into 2008, to call for that Ladies Lunch but as it stands now, my step seems to be moving in a positive direction, making things real plain for his girl the other night. I'll check in with him in the next few days and find out what's transpired since.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 08:49 am
Well, my stepson is officially depressed. He and his ex had a big ugly blowout a week ago, she hung the phone up in his face and now it appears that is that. Finally. Hopefully. He didn't attend our eggnog party the other night because he just couldn't face coming alone and more of the "why are you still single" questions from family and friends. God, I so remember what that feels like. You put up a brave front for months and months at each family gathering, plaster a happy-go-lucky smile on your face, laugh off the inquisitions, ignore the sly, questioning looks, but then there's the one holiday, that one party, that one particular gathering where you can't muster the strength to pull off the happily single charade yet again. You can't find your party mask and can't face the crowd without it.

Now I know how my mother felt not all that long ago when I still lived in Chicago and couldn't find a good man to call my own. Parents are helpless but it's our job to cheer them on, keep them hopeful and predict that wonderful things will happen for them. I'll see him tomorrow and that's what I'll be doing.

Hopefully 2008 will be the year he meets Ms. Right.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:46 am
Sorry to hear things are so hard for him, eoe. Time heals all wounds and all that, but it's hard for both of you. Hopefully he reaches the point where he is able to move on and doesn't start yet another round with the same girl. Here's to 2008!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 09:59 am
Eoe, I'm so sorry to hear that, but at the same time, he's free to find the one who's right for him.

He even gets to start fresh with a new year :-D

I wish him the very best and I wish you and yours a very Happy New Year! :-D

Moms can be great at cheering up and I bet you'll do an awesome job ;-)
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 10:29 am
It's just so strange to witness a man with all he has to offer going through this. I wonder about his reputation and if he's known on the party circuit as an a**hole or something. It still doesn't make sense why he seems to have trouble meeting quality women looking for a relationship, marriage, giving me grandbabies. There were tons of women out there when I was out there. Sharp, professional, beautiful, marching off to our high paying jobs every day, and all the while on the lookout for even a Mr. Almost-but-not-quite-Right.Rolling Eyes
We used to say that all of the good guys were taken. So, are all of the good women now taken?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:15 am
The sad fact is that the older we get, the harder it gets to find someone who isn't already attached.

Sometimes it's just because someone is trying too hard. After all, it seems that people are more attracted to the harder to get ones. They like a bit of a challenge. This applies to both men and women, me thinks.

I never found anyone when I was actually looking and it seems that I always gained more interest from men when I lost interest.

I know, it's weird, but it's been true in my world.

Just thinkin out loud.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 11:36 am
I thought that as well for the longest time. You never find anyone when you're looking. But meeting my husband burst that theory wide open. I met him on the bus and believe you me, I was looking. All day every day.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 12:05 pm
I know it happens because it's happened to me, but not often. (I said earlier that I never found someone when I wasn't looking, but I remembered a few)

Maybe he could try a dating service. One of my friends met her husband that way.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 01:51 pm
Eoe--

Endings mean new beginnings.

Start networking for him. If you hear about someone's friend, daughter, neighbor, cousin get more facts.

Your stepson needs a Matchmaker.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 31 Dec, 2007 02:42 pm
What scares me somewhat is the fact that he and I are very much alike and we share an uncanny number of similar experiences. I had to move to another part of the country before finding the man of my dreams and I wonder, would it benefit him, my step, to perhaps move to a new city?

Sometimes a shakeup is just what the doctor ordered but I'd so hate to see him go.

Noddy, I totally agree about endings and new beginnings. There are no gains without losses. You gotta clear out the old to make room for the new. I believe in all of that. Hope springs eternal! Always. My goal tomorrow is to help him realize that too.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2008 10:02 am
Eoe--

Go for it--and keep your eyes out for eligible women (with breeding hips).
0 Replies