Californians flee forced gay agenda in schools

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:05 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
woiyo wrote:
I, as the PARENT, am responsible for raising my child and telling them what I think they need to know about abnormal lifestyles.

Didn't anyone else find this amusing?
Well, I'm thinking it's pretty much a hoot but then, I have no idea what wioyo considers his children need to know that he considers abnormal. Fluoride causes communism was all I came up with.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:06 pm
Setanta wrote:
Perhaps it just seems so to me, but it does appear that as the conservatives get more angry, the entertainment level of a thread increases in inverse proportion.

Ain't it so.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:08 pm
dyslexia wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
woiyo wrote:
I, as the PARENT, am responsible for raising my child and telling them what I think they need to know about abnormal lifestyles.

Well, I'm thinking it's pretty much a hoot but then, I have no idea what wioyo considers his children need to know that he considers abnormal. Fluoride causes communism was all I came up with.

Oh ****, I just found out was raised communist. Damn water... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:12 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
That would be nice, in principle... although many parents do not do their job...but that's a different subject.

While I don't know the particulars of the case in California, I believe it is impossible to NOT teach about lifestyle in one way or another - not even directly, but through literature, history, civic education..... It comes up and teacher need to be ready to respond to inquiring kids. And if I had kids in school I sure as hell would not want them to tell my children that alternative lifestyles are wrong. I would perceive that as discriminatory. The purpose of anti-discrimination legislation is that it is translated into all aspects of life, including the very important system of education.

I do not have an answer about 'how'.... all I'm saying is that it is impossible to keep teaching about lifestyles out of schools entirely... thus it needs discussion and addressing.

It simply isn't avoidable. A classroom is a social environment or a little community in itself. For it to function as a learning environment, it has to function as a cooperative social unit as well. But I suspect some of the folks here aren't well equipped to think through these matters.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:51 pm
woiyo wrote:
contrex wrote:
woiyo wrote:
carear
absolutley
acadamies
AMERCIAN

Quote:
...should learn American History

How about some spelling as well?

Grow up a$$hole. Try speaking to the issue. I am not here trying to impress anyone on a internet chat room.

Try speaking to the issue Froggie!

this from a guy full of righteous indignation if someone makes a native american remark.... you know woiyo if you guys had the perfect way to run the country..... maybe you should have fought harder :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 02:58 pm
I say, bugger the little perishers . . .
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:14 pm
blatham wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
That would be nice, in principle... although many parents do not do their job...but that's a different subject.

While I don't know the particulars of the case in California, I believe it is impossible to NOT teach about lifestyle in one way or another - not even directly, but through literature, history, civic education..... It comes up and teacher need to be ready to respond to inquiring kids. And if I had kids in school I sure as hell would not want them to tell my children that alternative lifestyles are wrong. I would perceive that as discriminatory. The purpose of anti-discrimination legislation is that it is translated into all aspects of life, including the very important system of education.

I do not have an answer about 'how'.... all I'm saying is that it is impossible to keep teaching about lifestyles out of schools entirely... thus it needs discussion and addressing.

It simply isn't avoidable....

It?? You mean, what Howie does for a living???

http://www.howiechen.com/fudge.jpg

I mean, somehow or other I and every other kid in the state of Virginia got halfway through highschool before any of ever heard about Howie or any of his problems. How could that have been if it's unavoidable?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:15 pm
huh? who the heck is howie?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:18 pm
Actually...

In a perfect world I'd like to see the Christian majority in America pull its kids out of the NEA/government schools because they (the NEA/govt. schools) are ****ed up; but I'll settle for this.

It's not like kids are going to miss out on anything by getting home schooled. John Gato, a former NYC teacher of the year and recognized expert on public education has pretty much described our public schools as worse than being raised by chimpanzees in the jungle like Tarzan.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:33 pm
If this is any indication of your education gunga..
Quote:
I and every other kid in the state of Virginia got halfway through highschool before any of ever heard about Howie or any of his problems

I think you missed out on a lot more than just an education on lifestyles when in school.

It seems you missed out on reading and writing.

(Tarzan wasn't raised by chimps.)
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 04:39 pm
Well said Parados.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 08:02 pm
contrex wrote:
Well said Parados.

dumb and dumber....
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 11:03 pm
gungasnake wrote:
I have friends who are gay; .

This is a revelation?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 11:07 pm
mysteryman wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
In reality, the baby boom generation is the last generation in which a large part of the population are homophobic bigots. As they die out, the discrimination against gays dies with them. People in younger generations just live with their sexual orientation rather than staying in the closet and choosing to deal with their repressed homosexuality by lashing out against gay rights.

Same sex marriage will be be legal in California with the election of a Dem Governor.

Then why didnt the last dem gov make it legal?

I don't recall that a Democratic Governor was given a bill to sign, do you?

BTW I met Gavin Newsome today who may be our next governor. He would sign it.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 11:29 pm
gungasnake wrote:
I mean, somehow or other I and every other kid in the state of Virginia got halfway through highschool before any of ever heard about Howie or any of his problems. How could that have been if it's unavoidable?

Did you, by any chance, ride in a short bus to high school? That might help explain your limited world view.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2007 11:36 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

Did you, by any chance, ride in a short bus to high school? That might help explain your limited world view.

And Howie ain't the one with the problem.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 12:16 am
gungasnake wrote:
I and every other kid in the state of Virginia got halfway through highschool before any of ever heard about Howie or any of his problems. How could that have been if it's unavoidable?

Only halfway? I'm curious to hear what happened at that halfway point and afterwards. Yeah, it does seem it was unavoidable since Howie's 'problems' did not stay under the lid, whoever on earth he was or whatever they were.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 08:02 am
joefromchicago wrote:
woiyo wrote:

What is so funny about a parent being responsible for raising their child?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 08:04 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
woiyo wrote:
contrex wrote:
woiyo wrote:
carear
absolutley
acadamies
AMERCIAN

Quote:
...should learn American History

How about some spelling as well?

Grow up a$$hole. Try speaking to the issue. I am not here trying to impress anyone on a internet chat room.

Try speaking to the issue Froggie!

this from a guy full of righteous indignation if someone makes a native american remark.... you know woiyo if you guys had the perfect way to run the country..... maybe you should have fought harder :wink:

We would have but the illegal immigrants from France and Britain got in our way!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 09:19 am
and you didn't have the big sticks you needed to whup 'em (Dick Cheneys describer not mine).... it was a long time ago... stop being so bitter...let it go... Laughing
0 Replies