US a fading superpower?

Zippo

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 04:27 pm
Quote:
Well Zip- all those rich guys only got rich by supplying the public with what the public want at the best rates surely? That's evolution. That's the struggle for existence.

What are you taking about. This has nothing to do with being rich or not, or how they had gotten rich. It's the re-directing of their money to influence U.S Officials for 'Israels cause and middle east wars, using American soldiers blood.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 04:33 pm
Zip- the script looks good. A writer could never come up with that. I'll read it all tomorrow.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 04:45 pm
You've thoroughly trashed the thread, Zippy . . . and you continue to fail to demonstrate that American support for Israel assures that it will "fade" as a "superpower."

It's a typical performance for you, though. You either want to ride your Evil Jews Run the Government hobby horse, or your September 11th Was a Government Conspiracy hobby horse. At all events, you have no interest in the subject of the thread.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 06:27 pm
That was a lot of reading El Maestro Senor Zippo assigned for us to read. I don't think I read it as well as I read Catcher In the Rye, but I did notice that the AIPAC guy claimed that Clinton was the most pro-Israel? The Bushes are the most pro-Israel; witness how the President did not say one word to limit Israel's charge into Southern Lebanon last summer, when they were fighting Hezbollah. Something doesn't jive here? It makes me wonder if AIPAC just likes collecting money from wealthy Jews, but they have political alliances that might not be the "best for Israel"?

It makes me wonder if AIPAC serves the Democratic party, and milks wealthy Jews in their behalf?

Did Zippo uncover the possibility that wealthy American Jews are being used? Is AIPAC's Israel concerns a cover for milking wealthy American Jews for the benefit of ????

Zippo did you spill the beans intentionally?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 06:40 pm
I loved the college parts of Catcher but when he brought sex into it it went haywire.

I loved the essay on Egypt the most.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2007 07:08 pm
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 10:23 am
Foofie wrote:
That was a lot of reading El Maestro Senor Zippo assigned for us to read. I don't think I read it as well as I read Catcher In the Rye, but I did notice that the AIPAC guy claimed that Clinton was the most pro-Israel? The Bushes are the most pro-Israel; witness how the President did not say one word to limit Israel's charge into Southern Lebanon last summer, when they were fighting Hezbollah. Something doesn't jive here? It makes me wonder if AIPAC just likes collecting money from wealthy Jews, but they have political alliances that might not be the "best for Israel"?

It makes me wonder if AIPAC serves the Democratic party, and milks wealthy Jews in their behalf?

Did Zippo uncover the possibility that wealthy American Jews are being used? Is AIPAC's Israel concerns a cover for milking wealthy American Jews for the benefit of ????

Zippo did you spill the beans intentionally?

Exactly! Well done Foofie, you've just learned the AIPAC/Pro Israel Lobby is not good for Israel.

http://www.heavendwellers.com/orthodox_jews.1.jpg
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 10:43 am
kuvasz wrote:
Would any of you please explain what the last several pages have to do with the diminishing power of the USA on the world scene?

It used to be that the industrial strength of the US was powerful enough that no one had to worry about it, but the free flow of capital and technology has sapped the strength of the US and improved that of other nations. Of course, 60 years ago when approximately one half of the world's GWP was centered in the USA and the rest of the world either in ruin, rubble or undeveloped that might have been a bad specious place to compare or use as a baseline (yet that is the way Americans still think).

The fact that the US has a stable legal system helps investors from being hoodwinked like the events that slowed the Seven Tigers economies of East Asia in the mid-late '90s, after all just ask anyone with Enron stock.

Likely Bretton Woods, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_system

helped develop the "free-non-soviet" world economies to keep the seductions of Russian Soviet Communism at bay, but by doing so it well might have strengthened capitalistic democracies world-wide, yet eventually the ability for the free flow of capital would undermine even the most efficient economy by forcing it to compete with cheaper labor and resources, especially one like the USA's that invested in a defense program so large that now it matches that of the world's other top five national economies combined.

Yet if one looks at history, empires fall from the introduction of new military technologies, just ask any 15th century BCE Egyptian whose bronze sword was bent on the blade of a Hittite iron sword.

The USA will dominate the world for only a single reason even if its economy is suspect simply because it has a tremendous advantage in military weapons and has shown itself ready to use them.

However like Lenin said, the Western capitalists will sell others the rope with which to hang them. Note that the process of profit maximizing of western capitalism has lead to the fact of trade imbalances with the major trading partners of the USA , to the tune of approximately $2 trillion dollars being held by the Communist government of China. So to me those American capitalists who invested overseas in China and those retailers, whose method was to squeeze out the last drop of blood from the turnip of American workers caused this, and I believe that these people are certainly NOT patriots but traitors who sold out the USA for a few dollars.

The saving grace of US dominance likely will be a nationalistic set of social and economical programs akin to the National Recovery Act of the 1930's, but that will arise only from the ashes of severe economic shock and population relocation that will make the Great Depression look like a bird walk, with the serious problem being that such ideas can turn into a unique brand of American fascism.

Good post Smile

My point using a quote: Cost of Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran...Wars

"An estimated cost of $10 trillion to fight for a decade"

"Most great nations, at the peak of their economic power, become arrogant and wage great world wars at great cost, wasting vast resources, taking on huge debt, and ultimately burning themselves out ." -- Kevin Phillips (Wealth & Democracy)

The Bush Admin had screwed us in Iraq and they' want to screw us further by bombing Iran - all for the 'security of Israel' through the power of AIPAC/Pro Israel Lobby. That is whats going to bring America down.

US and Israel are the greatest threat to world peace: ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5077984.stm )
( http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/11/03/america/NA_GEN_World_Views_of_Bush.php )

http://media.ft.com/cms/53683bfe-27f5-11dc-80da-000b5df10621.gif
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 11:12 am
Setanta wrote:

The incident is important because it demonstrates that for whatever rhetoric the Israelis peddle, the United States has never (and likely never will) put their own troops and military assets on the line for Israel. And, despite the rhetoric of anti-semitic conspiracy nuts

Educated people such as walt and mearsheimer disagree with you. I'd rather believe their 'facts' more then some unknown username behind a PC.

( Iraq: A War For Israel )

Although you do sound very convincing...I also regret the Jewish holocaust and feel guilty.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 11:36 am
Zippo wrote:
Setanta wrote:

The incident is important because it demonstrates that for whatever rhetoric the Israelis peddle, the United States has never (and likely never will) put their own troops and military assets on the line for Israel. And, despite the rhetoric of anti-semitic conspiracy nuts

Educated people such as walt and mearsheimer disagree with you. I'd rather believe their 'facts' more then some unknown username behind a PC.

Although you do sound very convincing...I also regret the Jewish holocaust and feel guilty.

Why should you feel guilty over the Holocaust in WWII (all 12 million people)???? I'm assuming you don't believe in reincarnation and were not alive during WWII.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 12:07 pm
Foofie wrote:
Zippo wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Why should you feel guilty over the Holocaust in WWII (all 12 million people)???? I'm assuming you don't believe in reincarnation and were not alive during WWII.

I feel guilty as a human...for humans inflicting cruel inhumane suffering upon other humans. All humans need to take responsibility of each others actions, nor matter their colour/race/background/religion...because essentially people do have power to stop such actions. E.g Majority of German population had the power to overthrow Hitler and the Nazi regime. Same applies to Saddams Iraq and Americas Bush. If Bush were to attack Iran and kill hundreds of thousands of their people...I'd feel guilty.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 04:17 pm
Zippy, neither you, nor your fellow Israel obsessive weirdos, have either provided evidence (opinion doesn't count as evidence) that the invasion of Iraq was a product of an Israeli lobby; nor that support for Israel will cause the United States to "fade" as a superpower.

Put up or shut up--if you can't demonstrate how support for Israel will cause the United States to "fade" as a superpower, then stop clogging the thread with sh!t.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 04:36 pm
Zippo wrote:
Today, AIPAC is widely regarded as the most powerful foreign-policy lobby in Washington DC and by other accounts, the most powerful lobby period, except for perhaps the Association for the Advancement of Retired Persons (AARP).

A-HA! So it's all those old retirees that are bringing us down! I KNEW they was up to somethin'! Thanks for showing me the light, Zippo!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:07 pm
It's the Pussy Whip- Stupid!!
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:23 pm
kickycan wrote:
Zippo wrote:
Today, AIPAC is widely regarded as the most powerful foreign-policy lobby in Washington DC and by other accounts, the most powerful lobby period, except for perhaps the Association for the Advancement of Retired Persons (AARP).

A-HA! So it's all those old retirees that are bringing us down! I KNEW they was up to somethin'! Thanks for showing me the light, Zippo!

If I add AIPAC to AARP, I feel like I have a bunch of lousy "A's" in Scrabble.

But aside from that, the next President will not be taking us out of the Middle East. It's not a Republican versus Democratic agenda. And AIPAC is not keeping the U.S. in the Middle East. It's the Middle East that's keeping us in the Middle East. Like some grades in school always need supervision.

Shouldn't we stop pretending that the Middle East is just like western Europe.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:45 pm
But the tenor of your post is that they want to be and that they are going to break some windows unless we allow them into the fold and their plan was to get dollars circulating in Iraq and to get us looking out for them and getting rid of the silly sods who had been pretending to do that heretofore.

And Mr Bush understands.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:52 pm
Foofie wrote:
kickycan wrote:
Zippo wrote:

If I add AIPAC to AARP, I feel like I have a bunch of lousy "A's" in Scrabble.

But aside from that, the next President will not be taking us out of the Middle East. It's not a Republican versus Democratic agenda. And AIPAC is not keeping the U.S. in the Middle East. It's the Middle East that's keeping us in the Middle East. Like some grades in school always need supervision.

Shouldn't we stop pretending that the Middle East is just like western Europe.

They aren't at all, but the Europeans do not sit on top of most of the planet's remaining oil reserves, and it becomes only a calculation to realize that the two trillion dollars spent in Iraq would have gone a long way into providing sufficient resources to develop alternative energy sources besides oil.

So you can shout on about those Children of Abraham but deep down its about AMERICAN oil companies using the US government to protect their overseas investments. Because if the oil companies believed their business would improve if Israel got wiped off the face of the Earth you can bet that the Paki "Father of the Islamic Bomb" A. Q. Khan would be on "retainer" from Exxon.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 06:53 pm
spendius wrote:
But the tenor of your post is that they want to be and that they are going to break some windows unless we allow them into the fold and their plan was to get dollars circulating in Iraq and to get us looking out for them and getting rid of the silly sods who had been pretending to do that heretofore.

And Mr Bush understands.

Don't make up a story and then ascribe it to me. It's your story, not mine.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 10:16 pm
Setanta wrote:
Zippy, neither you, nor your fellow Israel obsessive weirdos, have ... provided evidence ... that support for Israel will cause the United States to "fade" as a superpower.

Just a thought; is it possible to provide evidence for something that hasn't come to pass?
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2007 10:09 am
JTT wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Zippy, neither you, nor your fellow Israel obsessive weirdos, have ... provided evidence ... that support for Israel will cause the United States to "fade" as a superpower.

Just a thought; is it possible to provide evidence for something that hasn't come to pass?

Very Happy Excellent post. Obviously Setanta will ignore this comment. The answer is of course - it is not possible to provide evidence for something that hasn''t happened... Nice one JTT :wink:

Setanta ===>> Embarrassed
0 Replies