Somebody convince me to do this.

Sglass

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 02:26 pm
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

This seems to be my M O this week;

Back to the drawing board.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 02:28 pm
OK, I'm revising my entire opinion, based on, well...me.

If I went on a date or 2 and thought the relationship was going somewhere, and we banged, and then he split....I'd be pissed for a minute or 2. Then, I'd realize what a douchebag the guy was, and count my blessings it didn't go farther.

The guy doesn't have to really be a douchebag, but it would soothe me thinking he was.

Then again, I've been around the block a few times, you live, you learn.

If she's gonna be all sensitive about it, well, she's gotta grow up sometime.

I don't think I could go to a prostitute, because I like to stalk a guy for a few days to build up the heat. I can't just jump into the ring anymore.

chai(sitting outside kickys apartment, wearing dark glasses)tea
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 07:07 pm
Chai wrote:
That was good
Chai wrote:

and this was even better Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I should slap myself upside my head. Reverse those to:
Chai wrote:
That was good and......
Chai wrote:
this was even better Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 10:27 am
Chai wrote:

If I went on a date or 2 and thought the relationship was going somewhere, and we banged, and then he split....I'd be pissed for a minute or 2. Then, I'd realize what a douchebag the guy was, and count my blessings it didn't go farther.

Why is the guy a douchebag? Just because YOU(for instance) thought the relationship was going somewhere doesn't mean he did. And having sex with someone has zero to do with whether or not a relationship will come out of it. On top of it, I wouldn't want to be with a woman who's already thinking the relationship is "going somewhere" only after 1 or 2 dates.

Guy is a douchebag if he lies to the woman to get her in bed, then jumps ships. Other than that, nobody owes anybody anything.

As far as the prostitute thing, that's not something I would do at this point of my life either. In a situation like Kicky's half the fun is the chase. There's no buildup/sexual tension/chase with a hooker.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 10:28 am
[...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 01:21 pm
The guy would be a douchebag. Anyone who'd walk away from a woman like Chai right after he'd slept with her would obviously be a loser.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 02:36 pm
Thanks eva...yeah, I'm worth it.

Slappy...read the rest of my post....I then said...

The guy doesn't have to really be a douchebag, but it would soothe me thinking he was.

As in, "god, that guy would just have to be a douchebag to pull that on me. I'll bet he thinks I'm crying my eyes out. Well, forget it."

Yout have to think something soothing like a time like that, like "I hope his dick falls off."
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 04:16 pm
Yeah.

Unless, of course, we're just really glad to see them go.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2007 09:34 pm
Kicky, I get the feeling you are maybe hoping for something more out of this yourself?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 09:42 am
Well, I'd love to find the woman of my dreams, but I doubt this girl is her, so for now, I'll settle for some good old fashioned drunken screwing.

So we went out last night. No sex. Not even a good make-out session. But she does like to drink, which I like. She couldn't stay out too late because her parents were coming in early to visit and she didn't want to be all out of it for that. So now I guess I gotta go out with her again to see if I can get some. Jesus, dating is HARD!

Actually, aside from her annoying voice, her trowelled-on make-up, and the fact that she says, "That is hi-LARIOUS!" all the time, she is sort of fun.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:27 am
Eesshh.

Not to be harsh or anything, but Kicky you need to make up your damn mind.

Either go with the drunken screwing lowering of standards (easy peasy) or go with looking for a good woman to spend some serious time with.

To my eyes, it's like you are pissing around in the middle. Diddle dawdling.

Make a serious hard line decision and life gets easier.

Plus, it saves a lot of heart aches of dating. Cause you just won't care so much. Which can really be a blessing. No need for thinking much of anything except "this one is not for me, next!"

Stream line your 'game', brother. Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:34 am
I can't argue with any of that, but while I'm looking and not finding anything, can't I have a little fun? Can't I go out with this good-time girl for now while I'm also dating other girls with the goal of finding "the one?"
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:35 am
Mr. Tea is out of town for 2 weeks.

Why don't you come over and talk about this kicky?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:44 am
kickycan wrote:
I can't argue with any of that, but while I'm looking and not finding anything, can't I have a little fun? Can't I go out with this good-time girl for now while I'm also dating other girls with the goal of finding "the one?"

I hear you, really I do. 40 something dating is rough.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:50 am
Chai wrote:
Mr. Tea is out of town for 2 weeks.

Why don't you come over and talk about this kicky?

I'm in!

<furiously begins packing suitcases for the trip>

Now where the hell did I put my damn miner's hat and fold-up mini-trampoline? Oh never mind, I've got a flight to catch!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:53 am
martybarker wrote:
kickycan wrote:

I hear you, really I do. 40 something dating is rough.

Not to mention expensive. I just realized I spent a hundred and thirty bucks last night! ****!

So come on, your turn to share, Marty. How is your dating life going?
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 10:54 am
kickycan wrote:

It's a waste of time. In my opinion.

Not only a waste of time, but you screw up a lot of chances of finding a serious partner.

Just my opinion. You send out signals that you don't know what you want. Prospects will pick up on it.

But forget about it...I'm just yabbing.

You make your choices and live with em, not me.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 11:01 am
Quote:
So come on, your turn to share, Marty. How is your dating life going?

Well, since you asked..... in the past 4 years I've been on two coffee dates and a restaraunt opening.
I feel your pain. Gee, doesn't it appear that I'm a cheap date?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 04:16 pm
That's a heck of a dry spell you got going there. I guess you have other priorities though. You have responsibilities and such. I don't have too many of those. When I see responsibilities coming at me, my first instinct is to run faster than a cheap pair of pantyhose. I like to keep things real simple. Hey, maybe I'm the simpleton.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sun 28 Oct, 2007 08:00 pm
Now Kicky, now donnnn't you think it's time you got some monogomy..

Some good old fashioned hetrosexual monogomy. Now you told me that you have friends that do it and that it works for them and that you, at the time, thought it was a good idea.

I think that you should try it, for at least for three months. Keep a daily diary with all the pros and cons and then make a decision. Maybe it's the route for you.

Then if it works, you can have the money from the "Bake for a Rake Sale" and get her a ring.
0 Replies