What did you dream last night?

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:01 am
In the last two dreams I posted, a common factor is a white car. It occurred to me this morning, that it is a symbol of death. Which makes sense, considering, a woman I knew died a week ago, plus, the anniversary of my brother's death is fast approaching. That, plus, other, personal, considerations, makes me believe in this conclusion.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:08 am
Dreamed that I was having an affair with Jeff Bridges. No mention of our spouses.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 09:11 am
@eoe,
Woo-oo.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 10:04 am
Oooh Jeff Bridges... Nice.

I dreamt I was taking a test at school - we've been doing MCAS (well, the students have, not me).
spendius

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2010 02:53 pm
@littlek,
For what it is worth, I read the other day that Jonathan Swift had said that Alexander Pope had taught him how to dream.

I presume he was referring to Windsor-Forest rather than The Dunciad.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 02:25 am
I just had the wildest dream and I want to write it down before I forget it because it's the first dream I've had in a few months that I can remember (except for one very short snippet where I found this really nice chocolate brown shirt I have and discovered it had gotten faded somehow - I don't know how - I went to put it on and there was this big fade spot on it - that was the whole dream).

Anyway - I was in the back seat of this car and we were sitting at a light waiting for it to change to green so we could go. My friend was driving. There were some young people in the car ahead of us and they were playing music really loud - like House of Pain or something- and I said, joking, 'Let's have a play-off. Put Conway (Twitty) in and turn it up really loud- won't that be funny?'
So he did. And right at that moment this cop car appeared beside us and there were three cops - two in the front and one in the back - and the one in the back looked really serious and waved his ticket book at us and said, 'You're making excessive noise - I'm giving you a ticket.'

I couldn't believe it, so I got out of the car to go reason with the guy and tell him it was a joke and I walked over to the car and saw this woman cop in the front seat with tape over her mouth and I said, 'Hmmm, that's kind of scary,' out loud and the cop in the back seat said,'Don't worry about that - here's your ticket.' And I said, 'Look - we were just fooling around - it was a joke.'
He said,'I'm taking your friend in - is he the one who turned up the volume?'
And I said, 'Yeah - but I'm the one who told him to - for real - we were just fooling around - come on...'
He took my friend and all of a sudden I was in this room with people of all ages waiting for my friend to come back. There were animals, dogs, birds flying around....I was holding a sheaf of papers...one was a child's drawing of a tree. I stepped in dog poop that was on the floor, and I said, 'Oh no...' and this kid said, 'You don't like dogs?' and I said, 'I do - but...to be honest these birds flying around scare the crap out of me...' and I was ducking and weaving to get away from them... and then the kid said, 'Oh they're nice - there's only one that will bite you.'
So then I'm really nervous and at that moment this big grey goose comes walking up and takes the sheaf of paper out of my hands. And I am PANICKED! (I really am afraid of birds). Everyone starts laughing - and I'm saying, 'Oh no - help me!' but also really dying of laughter at the same time at the absurdity of the whole thing. And the goose has his beak stuck to the palm of my hand and I can feel that if I don't release that suction I'm gonna get bit so I'm pulling up against the suction really really as hard as I can - and that's when I wake up.

(I think it was so strange and vivid because I woke up earlier - but didn't have any tea - so I said to myself-I'll go back to sleep until the store opens and I can get tea - and there's my dream- I really like that dream Laughing -it doesn't sound happy but it was - though I have no idea what it means).
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 02:56 am
In real life, I don t mind being bird bitten.
It happened in the San Diego Zoo last autumn.
Maybe a big crow (?), who I petted
and to whom I gave a few dollar$$s.
He coud not exert much pressure on my hand.

In my backyard, I had a nest of robbins in the 1960s.
3 babies who grew to the size of their mom, in the nest.
I got too close for their comfort (I own the place)
and thay jumped out of their nest and all 3 began
like dive boming me. Thay never re-entered their nest.

Years ago, I was walking home, near my house,
when I mused that I missed my dead friend, Neil.
Within a second, the time it takes to sneeze,
a bird flew up and slugged me in the left arm.

David
aidan

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 03:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
David - I've always been really nervous of birds - my little brother used to like to keep lovebirds and they were beautiful, but he'd let them out of the cage and they would swoop down at you- not that they could do any real damage- they're just so unpredictable.

But a couple of years ago, there was a woman in Cornwall who got attacked by a flock of seagulls (they wanted some food she had in her hand and she wouldn't let go of it) and was badly injured enough to be put in the hospital.

Since then, I'm really wary of birds. And the goose in this dream was so big - it reminded me of Mother Goose with the grey body and huge beak...and I could feel myself in this struggle to get my hand away from that beak - at the same time I was really, really laughing. And I woke up laughing...I think it was some sort of cleansing dream - to remind me of life's absurdities or something....the whole thing was just full of these wild images and juxtapositions - trouble/fun/worried/happy...I liked it.

(I have never been bitten by anything bigger than an insect in real life- that is a fear I really do have).
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 04:15 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
David - I've always been really nervous of birds -
U don 't like dinosaurs ?

aidan wrote:
my little brother used to like to keep lovebirds and they were beautiful,
but he'd let them out of the cage and they would swoop down
at you- not that they could do any real damage- they're just so unpredictable.

But a couple of years ago, there was a woman in Cornwall who got attacked by a flock of seagulls
(they wanted some food she had in her hand and she wouldn't let go of it)
and was badly injured enough to be put in the hospital.
Was Al Hitchcock consulted ?

If I coud, I 'd trade places with her for the fun of it.

aidan wrote:
Since then, I'm really wary of birds. And the goose in this dream was so big - it reminded me of Mother Goose with the grey body and huge beak...and I could feel myself in this struggle to get my hand away from that beak - at the same time I was really, really laughing. And I woke up laughing...I think it was some sort of cleansing dream - to remind me of life's absurdities or something....the whole thing was just full of these wild images and juxtapositions - trouble/fun/worried/happy...I liked it.

(I have never been bitten by anything bigger than an insect in real life- that is a fear I really do have).
It was kinda fun, getting bird bit at the Zoo.
I 'd like to visit him again (but not enuf to fly back across the nation).

David
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 04:21 am
Wonderful, Aidan, thanks for sharing.

David, I have a large tree outside my seventh floor bedroom window. On the day after my father's funeral, a large crow appeared and sat on a branch. Without hesitation, I said, "Hi,Pop. Keep an eye on me will you?" It stayed on the branch for a couple of minutes more then flew off.
It occurred to me at the time that even though I see a lot of birds in that tree everyday- chickadees, starlings, bluejays mostly - and though I hear crows cawing in the neighborhood all the time, I had never seen one sit in the tree before that afternoon.

Joe(and there hasn't been another since.)Nation
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 04:33 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Let's put it this way - I'm not someone who would volunteer to work in Jurassic Park. For some reason, I don't know why, because I've never been hurt by an animal and I love dogs and rabbits to name two - but though I love animals at a distance - the huge majority of them make me nervous up close. Like I said, I don't know why because I like the idea of animals - and I've even always wanted to work on a farm, but when I have been near animals, I've discovered I'm nervous..unless it's a dog know really well.

I think the bird fear does have to do with the fact that my brother let me watch The Birds (Alfred Hitchcock's) when I was about four or five. That sealed that deal for me I think.

Since we're telling bird stories, after my father's funeral, my sister, mom and I were sitting in my mother's living room early one morning a few days later and I looked out the window to see a beautiful cardinal sitting on a snow covered branch. I'd not seen a cardinal since I left North Carolina (where I used to see them all the time) five years ago. I showed my sister and my mom and my mother said, 'That's your dad come to visit us.' I'd been thinking the exact same thing.

And I always get a feeling of peace when I see a white bird flying high in the sky- immediately and tangibly - it surrounds me like a warm blanket.

So birds at a distance are great.

(Thank you Joe for giving me a space to write that down. If I hadn't had it, I'd have forgotten about it - and it did make me laugh at least three times so far).
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 04:58 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
Let's put it this way - I'm not someone who would volunteer to work in Jurassic Park.
For some reason, I don't know why, because I've never been hurt by an animal and
I love dogs and rabbits to name two -
I 've been attacked by both a sneaky dog, named Boris, and by a bunny rabbit, who clawed up
my left arm pretty good. I was wearing a short sleeved shirt; no body armor against the bunny rabbit!

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 05:02 am

Come to think of it,
that 's the same arm that Boris bit, years n decades later,
but I do not believe that animals r conspiring against my left arm.

David
jespah

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 08:02 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I dreamed I broke one of the resistance bands. I was about to throw out the entire shebang when RP pointed out that I could just throw out one band and the other two would work just fine. I then noticed I was wearing large weights on my arms. They were blue in color, and ribbed, sort of like the Michelin Man's arms.
farmerman

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 08:11 am
@jespah,
I ws taking my wife on a trip and we were standing by the side of a road in a shadowy glen and one of my old HS friends came driving up in a big John Deere wobble wheel tractor all painted up. He was towing a flat side wagon of big yellow blocks of something. As he waved and drove by, several of the blocks fell ff the wagon and exploded. I was running and carrying my wife and our luggage when we hopped into a big red limo (really bright metallic color) and headed off to the airport. We got there and they closed the gate because there were several of these yellow blocks laying around. I said to so0meone that I knew how to defuse them when I tripped and fell into a large hoe and then I wokeup.
spendius

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 10:42 am
@farmerman,
I'd start eating lettuce butties fm if I was you. And reading pastoral poetry.

That evolution science is bothering your noddle.
Joe Nation

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 09:25 am
I had the "be phased out" dream last night.

Joe(let me do my job)Nation
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 10:00 am
@spendius,
Quote:
I'd start eating lettuce butties fm if I was you. And reading pastoral poetry.

That evolution science is bothering your noddle
Do you dreaqm when you pass out spendi? Ive heard that drunks cant remember their dreams. Is that why you dont report any of yours? too drunk? Hmmmm?

Never mind, Im sure youll only pack in some irrelevant bullshit about deSade .
spendius

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 11:19 am
@farmerman,
What's irrelevant about de Sade. You should try reading his works and the commentaries upon them and on his life before you start opining about him.

He is the atheist's champion of champions. You ought to treat him with respect. We don't want to have American literature classes missing out on one of history's greatest writers and a martyr of atheism. And he was the staunchest of republicans. He ought to have a statue on the Hill.

I can recall little of my dreams. If I could it would take me thousands of words to even try to do them justice. I'm almost always on a journey of some sort.
farmerman

Reply Sun 4 Apr, 2010 03:16 pm
@spendius,
de SAde? a statuue dedicated by the GOP? hardly. The openly libertine life is not exactly championed by the GOP . They usually go hiking the AT
0 Replies