What did you dream last night?

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 06:28 am
My best friend and her boyfriend (can a 68 year old man be a boyfriend?) moved into my building. He brought along a large black woolly dog which apparently was either named Lester or belonged to the boyfriend's now deceased brother. It wasn't clear.
What was clear was that the dog was infested, not with fleas, but with gnats.
Millions of gnats.
Millions.
There was some discomfort. heh. We were all getting gnats all over us. We tried putting the dog into water but the gnats just flew in a big cloud over the dog's head.

==
I wish I knew what happened after that.
Joe(some dreams are truncated.)Nation
0 Replies

mm25075

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 11:13 am
A weird one.....

I was in the army (sort of). I was required to sleep with 5 other people in the same bed. On my left was an old BF, on my right was a male person who I did not know. When it was time to get up, we all had to make up the bed with our individual sheets and pillows. It was necessary for them all to look perfect and exactly the same.

Get dressed into work clothes retrieved from my overnight bag and realize I do not have the security card to get into my work building. I set about traveling with 3 others in my car. (A cute 2003 Saturn Ion) Some guy who slept on the other side of the bed was part of 'my team' and decided he would be the best driver to get us all where we needed to go. My black kitty was with me and I had to hold her firmly in the backseat while we traveled so that she would not get away. We stopped at a resturant. Because of where I live (hot) I would not leave kitty in the car, so I ordered my food and sat down on the floor a bit away from all other patrons and the others I was commuting with.

We get back in the car, and are at the point where the driver is taking me to my house so that I can pick up security card and a few more personal clothing items for the week and drop off kitty at my home. He misunderstands. Instead of going to 115th Ave, he drives to 215th Ave. By now we are running late and driver begins really to make a bunch of very unsafe traffic moves that the other 2 in the car are holding on for their dear lives. We finally get to my house. All of us go inside and get my things. Driver leaves my front door open and so I had to then, search for several kitties and my dog(which I no longer have in real life) and get them all back inside before we could leave. No easy task. Don't know if I ever made it (real life) work, but I do know I was running quite late and was stressed about the fact that the driver was supposed to leave my car somewhere accessible so that I could drive it back to 'base' that night.

Definately seeing some patterns in my dreams....responsibilities for lost kitties, ex's, and cars.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 12:48 pm
I had two that I somewhat remember, odd in itself to remember one, much less two.

The weird one had some sexual content but wasn't sexy and you'll see why. I was with some people in some indoor place, one of them an old boyfriend. I was going to learn some new sexual thing in a sort of lab situation (often a lab in my dreams, but this one seemed quite rustic). I wasn't so much a subject as an observer who might participate, sort of like a news reporter. I was mildly fearful. But then the people that were going to show me something left for lunch. On their return, the "something" had to do with them requesting me to pick a fellow's nose (no, not the olden days boyfriend, who wasn't part of that scene). I said no and left. (Adding to any possible analysis, way back in my lab training days I had to take nasal smears from patients in a clinic. Eeuwwww.) That woke me up.
(But this brings up the matter of humor in dreams.)

Next dream involved my trying to catch a plane and obstacles in my way for doing that... way too far across the tarmac, too little time, weird ramp, no place to get a ticket, bla bla. Woke up.. whence I said to myself, weird dreams. But that one is a recurrer - not the exact same but the same basic situation; I've rushed to catch planes at big airports in my distant past.

Two remembered dreams? I blame it on having a roast beef sandwich too close to sleep time - all that protein, ya know.
0 Replies

emshae

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 02:07 pm
last night i had a dream about Megan Fox.... I really don't know why cuz i am a girl and not a lez. but man it was nasty
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 02:37 pm
Had a dream last night that I haven't had in years, and by years, I mean since I was a young boy. But it goes like this:

My family is camping out in the wilderness RV style atop a hill. We are having dinner, steaks on the grill. Suddenly big foot steps and the earth shaking with them happen. The trees rustle and move with each step. In a hurry to get out there my family leaves me and a trash can and they drive away. I am scared so I get in the trash can to hide and Big foot comes out of the forest chasing my families RV and kicking the trash can, and me inside it, down the hill. And then i wake up.
emshae

Reply Mon 18 Jan, 2010 03:17 pm
@Seed,
did u feel and pain when big foot kicked the can?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 05:10 am
Interesting dream last night. I was in a large group being instructed on a test of a security plan. Each of us was supposed to put a file together (In RL I am reorganizing a lot of paperwork.) and put in it something to test the sniffer dogs. Hmmm. "You mean like drugs?" one man asked. "Yes." replied the speaker,"If you have any." But, I thought to myself, if someone puts real drugs in their folder, won't they get it trouble?
That's what everybody was thinking. (I filled the little packets they gave us with Cinnamon and Sugar, my favorite coffee topper.)
At the end of the test they announced that only one file with drugs had been found and it was the one that the speaker and his group had put together. They were pleased.
My dream flashed to the store where I used to work. I was at the counter taking care of someone who wanted a copy of her receipt for some reason. Suddenly, someone in line spotted a big cockroach in one of the displays near the register, but before I could move to squish it a gigantic grasshopper emerged from the same display and ate it. I explained that the cockroaches, now there was a whole plateful of them, were there to feed the grasshopper.
===
Let's see. In RL, there is much filing. I read everyday that drug tests will be required during job applications and IZ took some pictures of really big grasshoppers last year in the US and I recently looked at them.

Joe(Of course, the hopper in the dream was two feet long.)Nation
0 Replies

mm25075

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:43 am
I was back in my home where I lived in as a teen. I was sleeping topless when I was woken up by my ex coming into the room. I repeatedly told him that he was not supposed to be in my house. He revealed that my mother had let him in. I went down the stairs and which ex followed me.

He sat down on the couch and began complaining about the fact there was no TV and other things which had previously been in the house before he left. I was trying to yell over and over again. 'I will call the cops. You are not supposed to be in my house. Leave!' but my words would not come out right. It's like my tongue wouldn't form the words I wanted.

I kept thinking.. "I need to put on a shirt" and "I need to find that the paperwork for the Protection Order against Ex." Mom was making excuses about letting ex in the house.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 19 Jan, 2010 11:52 am
The other night I dreamt I was in some sort of airport, which turned into a grocery store for some reason; my friends and I were running from someone, when I doubled-back and went down some stairs alone.

I saw a blond Russian lady with a dog on a leash, who said to me 'we have picked up the scent of your friends.' I ran right by her and disguised myself as a bagboy. The only other thing I remember is vaulting over a display stand of 12-packs of Coca-cola.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 06:45 am
Last night I dreamed I was at my computer doing an interactive job search program. It was amazing. It was listing all my skills in the order I liked using them and then listing hundreds of listings which matched them.
But then it started to also list all of my considerable faults along with very specific examples of those failings. I was reading them and feeling very bad when I noticed the program was sending the faults list out to the hundreds of companies who were hiring.

I shook myself awake!!

Joe(I hope I never find such a program)Nation
emshae

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 07:27 am
had a dream last night that i was being chased by ponies.... why i have no idea. strange :@)
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 07:51 am
@emshae,
If u turned around, maybe u coud catch one.
emshae

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:11 am
@OmSigDAVID,
i tried thats when i wok up
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 09:42 am
@Joe Nation,
I'll let you know if I hear anything about Sky-Net.
0 Replies

mm25075

Reply Wed 20 Jan, 2010 02:17 pm
Wow, I seem to be having lots of memorable dreams as of late!

I was at my cousin's high school home football game. The opposing team were a bunch of non sportsman like peeps. They made fun of the home team and generally did a bunch of things that the fans of the home team found incrediblity unsportsmanlike.

So there I am booing and such along with the rest, when suddenly the chair i am sitting in is lifted off the ground by the opposing team players. (not stadium seating) Well my chair is carried over to an area that has a very large popcorn machine with a lot of popcorn and worms (yes, garden variety worms) mixed in. They had the intention of throwing me into the contraption. I remember yelling out "If you put me in there, there will be a lawsuit!"

They put me down and allowed me to go about my business. Well after this they seemed to stop some of their bad behavior. A short time later, I find myself standing in a spotlight that is focused right on me. The people in the stadium begin cheering and appluading me. I am given one of the cheerleader's outfits to wear and begin to support the crowd by giving them thumbsup and cheering with them. A lot of hand movements ensued which caused nearly every diamond on the rings on ALL my fingers to come lose and get lost.

Most of the festivities being over, I look around for my clothing so that I can return the outfit to the cheerleader who gave me hers, but could not find them. I had to make some arrangement to return the uniform a bit later. A few moments later a lawyer from the home team shows up with nearly a jewelry store's worth of jewelry in a box and determines that it is necessary to compensate me for the lost diamonds on my rings. This was done I supposed so that I would not file a lawsuit against them.

As I am going through the jewelry to select several items to replace one particular sentimental diamond (heart shaaped cut), I put them on a table. As the fans continue to file out of the stadium, some of them take some of the pieces of jewelry. Of all of that I was offered I took a red ruby necklace with matching earrings (heart shaped) and a very thick linked silver bracelet.

mm(hates the sound of my phone alarm)25075
0 Replies

emshae

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 12:40 pm
last night was sad. I had a dream that i went to prom with Nathaniel(the guy i like...a lot!) and in real life we are going together in April!!! ok well we went together and his best friend Ryan and his gf went. We were all dancing then i ended up dancing with Ryan and his gf was dancing with Nate. After awhile of dancing with Ryan he randomly stopped and told me not to turn around. so of course i turned around to find Nate and Ryan's gf kissing!!! Omg was i mad.... so then i grabbed Nate's arm and looked at him and he said he was sorry and he didn't mean 4 that to happen. and tried to kiss me to make up for it. didn't work i just slapped him!! ran away crying and we all went back to his house. I changed out of my dress and got in his sisters bed. Ryan came in shortly after got in bed with me and put his arms around me i cried and cried. then Nate walked in and yelled at Ryan for holding me. i told Nate to go away Ryan and I ended up falling asleep. then i wok up. Sad Sad
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 07:25 am
Dreamed last night that my cousin P emailed me about a video of my children on YouTube. I watched the video. It was an old (30 years old) news item about two 'mystery children'. The video showed the two boys being rescued from a steep roof where they had apparently gone on a whim. The smaller boy had slipped and the older boy has held his hand for a very long time. Then it showed the boys happy and on the ground, but then, the mystery, because, as soon as the rescuers turned around the boys vanished. Nobody knew who they were.
Cousin had recognized them.
I thought about calling one of the boys to ask them about it, but first I watched the video again.
==
This felt so real that this morning after booting up my system, I checked my browsing history to see if I had been watching any YouTube. ... .
Joe(disappointedly, no.)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 30 Jan, 2010 07:00 am
Forgot that I had dreamed two nights ago that a group of us were swimming off the beach in Florida when a helicopter appeared and slowly lowered itself into the water. It didn't look like a crash, we all thought it was just landing, but as soon as it hit the water, it rolled on it's side and began to sink.
We swam over to the craft and there, climbing out of the cockpit hatch was Amy Poehler http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2009/05/amy_poehler_judas-priest.jpg
She was upset that her co-pilot, unnamed, was asleep in the back because he had taken too many Xanax.
We tried swimming under the helicopter to try and open the hatch in the back but couldn't. Amy, who had now changed into Holly Hunter with her lovely slurred speech defect. http://nottakingsides.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/holly-hunter1.jpg?w=187&h=135 said not to worry because as the water came in it would wake him.
It did. He did. and the dream ended.
==
Okay, so last night as I going to sleep I remembered that I had forgotten to post the helicopter dream and...as I went to sleep it played back,just as I had dreamed it before, but this time we all went into my kitchen in New York and baked corn muffins. So good!!

In fact, so good that this morning when I got up I went and looked in my oven to see if there were any left.

Joe(sadly, no)Nation
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 07:40 am
Last I dreamed Judge Judy said I had to pay someone $11,433.00 .
I said "Okay." But then I got really worried about how I was going to do that.

Joe(It woke me up.)Nation
jespah

Reply Thu 4 Feb, 2010 09:07 am
@Joe Nation,
I dreamed I was dancing with my cousin, E___. He was very graceful. I can't recall what kind of dancing it was, or the music that was playing, but we had a wonderful time.
0 Replies