Are there many Canadians here at A2K?

dlowan

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 07:45 am
Dolphins can but bicker and whistle and click.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 09:16 am
Hey, you....we can also butt and kill sharks with our mighty heads.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 09:18 am
Oout and aboot, ms. ehBeth? I will try harder.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:09 am
I reckon ya'll canadian bashin yanks should just get on down the road!......yes'm.......lol
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:12 am
I am, speaking personally, a Canadian bashing Australian, thankee ver' muchily!

LOL!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:28 am
lol....ok, because your a bunny too, i'll let it slide this time. Me personally, being Canadian and all, have nothing wrong with aussies, Can I say that? Anyway I would love to go to Australia, it's a beautiful place, much like Canada.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 08:51 am
deb

The period you allude to...when the Separatists went radical and Brit diplomat James Cross was kidnapped and held 60 days, and when Quebec minister LaPorte was strangled...was an extraordinary time for us here, one of the mad corners of what was happening all about the West in the sixties.

A ladyfriend of mine married a French Canadian fellow a bit more than two decades ago. After a couple of years, they had their first child, and two years later, when pregnant with their second, he informed her that he wasn't Pierre ____, but that he was actually Pierre _____, FLQ member with a number of federal warrants for his arrest. Surprise!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:27 pm
dlowan wrote:
I am, speaking personally, a Canadian bashing Australian, thankee ver' muchily!

LOL!

me too!!! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:33 pm
stand up for pess, Believe you me, Canada is a great deal more beautiful than the land of oz. I've been to both places, and my wife and I just completed the Trans-Canada Train Tour on VIA RAIL and the Rocky Mountaineer from Montreal/Toronto to Vancouver last month. I think Lake Louise is one of the most beautiful spots in Cananda. Wink
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:35 pm
Well at least we don't have cane toads, and our wabbit population is well under control.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:37 pm
Oh yeah, no taipans, funnel web spiders, dumb-ass druggie koalas or those strange overgrown gophers with pouches. And NO VEGEMITE EITHER! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:37 pm
Canada can also be proud, or relieved, to consider that they did not produce Paul Hogan, nor harbor Mel Gibson . . . there's still that Alex Trebek/Celine Dion thing, though . . .
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:40 pm
Pppppfffftttthhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 02:47 pm
Hey Setanta, we didn't spawn Steve Irwin either....as regards Trebeck/Celine, nobody asked your country to embrace them....heh heh.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 03:15 pm
This means war.

Later.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 03:18 pm
dlowan, This wabbit war you speak of; where and when?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 03:35 pm
When I am ready. Not just before I have to go to work.

Mind you, there is more that unites Canada and oz than divides us - I think we and the Canajuns and the New Zillunders and such ought to launch a defensive pre-emptive strike against the USA (easily justified by the rules that led to invasion of Iraq). You guys would NEVER suspect such a thing from countries like us! We would launch invasion forces - pretending we were going to Disneyland and such (I shall be in the New York squadron) - and, even when we appear on your television screens, and declare war from the ranks outside your Good Morning shows (to avoid the moral odium of an undeclared war) you will think us to be joking.

We shall enter your military bases, distracting your guards by mass releases of cute native fauna, and take over relatively peacefully.

We Australian women shall then steal your mins - (cos North American mins be cute)- disarm you, destroy your WMD - and Disneyland and McDonalds - and install a puppet democracy, with a proper Prime Minister - prolly Hillary - with a proper Question Time and such.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 03:43 pm
Oh great, Fosters sponsors Watership Down Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 03:46 pm
I hate beer.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2003 03:48 pm
dlowan, And just how do you expect the Queen to approve such a thing? Wink