Are there many Canadians here at A2K?

Paul

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 12:03 pm
Hi (eh),

I'm from Barrie, Ontario, Canada. Are there any more Canuks out there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,702 • Replies: 122
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 12:14 pm
There are lots, Boss, although i'm not one of them -- ehBeth, Cavfancier, BoGoWo, BLatham, Algis (can't remember how to spell the last name), Montana . . . and i'm sure there are more . . .

They weigh-in soon enough, i'm sure

Welcome to the zoo, Boss . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 12:15 pm
Oh, and, where's Barrie located in Ontario?
0 Replies

Paul

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 12:44 pm
Barrie is 45 minutes (the way I drive) north of Toronto.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 12:49 pm
Yeah, Paul, lots of them. Don't forget Ceili from Edmonton if I remember correctly.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 03:02 pm
The way you drive, eh? You mean the way 75% of Canajuns drive. Got stopped by a Hamilton cop once: "All of you clowns out here are doin' 130 or better, you were doin' 138, so you get the ticket!" I guess he was havin' a bad QEW day. Anyway, i don't give cops any grief, considering how well armed they are, and all the buddies they have. When he came back with the ticket, i think he was really embarrassed by his outburst, combined with my "mouse-like" response. All y'all jokers drive fast . . .
0 Replies

EileenM

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 04:59 pm
Yup, I'm from British Columbia... A proud canadian
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 04:59 pm
It's ok, no one is perfect.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 05:03 pm
EileenM wrote:
Yup, I'm from British Columbia... A proud canadian

Eileen! Really really glad to see you back here. Hope you are feeling better about things these days.

Check out the replies to the thread you started a few days ago and give us an update on how you're doing.

Welcome back! Smile
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 09:36 pm
Eileen

Where in BC are you?
0 Replies

EileenM

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 10:51 pm
Prince George.... Central BC. No fires up here. yet.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 10:58 pm
Eileen

I have some family there, as it happens. Re fires...the local parks and forestry people are even worried about Stanley Park. It's been an incredible summer, but with that bad consequence. Do you recall when Yellowstone burned (about fifteen years ago, I think)? It was much the same situation, of a huge build up of materials because they had been suppressing fires for decades.
0 Replies

EileenM

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 11:21 pm
Blatham

I read something recently in a paper about Yellostone. I think Canada is having a pretty rough year with SARS, mad cow disease, West Nile, Fires, and now the power outage! It's been pretty tense, I'm wondering how the economy will be effected in the coming months...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 11:38 pm
Eileen

If you've got a good librarian there, see if he/she can find a New Yorker Magazine issue dealing with the Yellowstone fire, it was really quite an extraordinary article. The fire was summer of 88, so you could have her work from that date.

It has been a rather odd little bit of time, hasn't it. But you'll have to turn to someone other than myself for anything like an educated thought on the dismal science. I am simply disappointed that none of those tragedies landed on Brian Mulroney.
0 Replies

EileenM

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2003 11:46 pm
Blatham
Yup, I hear you!
0 Replies

Paul

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 01:07 pm
Aha....a few from BC I see! My friends just moved back from there. Now I know you're going to say....."why would they move back to Onterrible from a beautiful place like BC?".........well they lived in a little hick town called Stewart...a nice short walk from the Alaskan border........guess you're you're not going to ask the question now eh?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 01:09 pm
What kind of a world is it when grown men are openly Canadian....
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 01:17 pm
It's not even a real country...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 01:36 pm
Yeah, it is, CdK . . . they even got their own money--dollars, to be sure--but it actually can be used to make reasonable purchases. And political idiots, they got a bumper crop, just like real countries do . . .
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2003 01:54 pm
Ok, but don't you think being openly Canadian is, at least, untoward?

What has happened to morality in this society?
0 Replies