Are there many Canadians here at A2K?

safecracker

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:21 pm
haha kingston I grew up in Sarnia.....it's not that far away.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:43 pm
Cheese, this is all inspiring me to search out my canadian relatives. I met my father's aunt on a trip there near the Georgian Bay in .... get ready, 1950.

I remember it primarily because the money was different but I could still have a popsicle. We passed the Thousand Islands... tape runs blank.

I do have some old names I can start searching with, just have to gather my wits and do it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:45 pm
ossoB - hamburger and mrs. hamburger live right where the thousand islands meet lake ontario. a beautiful, beautiful little city.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 08:51 pm
I have a few things in line to do first, but plan to act on this one of these days.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2003 09:01 pm
Montana from New Brunswick at your service :-D

Craven
I can be violent if provoked, but that's probably from all the years I spent in the US ;-)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 02:23 pm
Montana - Ges

Good to see you.
I'll mark you down as one of the potentially dangerous Canucks, shall I? Cool

Cav - welcome back!

Hellzbellz - they're coming out of the woodwork now. And resisting re-orientation. Twisted Evil

Safecracker Confused welcome to A2K. We're here to have some fun!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 04:57 pm
since mrs. hamburger and i have been given entrance to the white house, the texas governor's mansion and (this is really funny!) to the big u.s. airforce base outside st. antonio (can't remember the name) we either must look really harmless OR VIP (i like the latter better!!!). hbg. ...also had the famous beansoup in the senate cafeteria ... and yes, it was good beansoup...
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 05:42 pm
Randolph AFB, Brooks AFB, Lackland AFB, and Kelly AFB are the 1's I can think of. I've also been in all those places you have hamburger but I guess that would be because I was on payroll.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 07:28 pm
safecracker : the year was 1979 and i was attending a systems workshop in austin/texas for a month. mrs. h joined me and we travelled around texas for another couple of weeks; the most wonderful place was BIG BEND where we stayed for a few nights at the lodge and wandered off into the wilderness. it was march and the wildflowers were starting to come out - beautiful! can't remember the name of the base. we just drove up to the gate and identified us as visiting canucks. we were given a cordial welcome, but asked to please not to drive ACROSS the tarmac ! don't think it would be that easy to gain entrance nowadays. met a lot of texans whose ancestors had come over from germany after the 1848 revolution ,when many germans that wanted to have a "somewhat" republican government (the right to vote) were sent to jail for being disloyal to the reigning monarch. anyhow, just wanted to say that we enjoyed our stay in texas and the hospitality of the texans very much. hbg
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 08:50 pm
hamburger
Good to see you!

Beth---ie tells me you're planning to invade Switzerland. Quite a civilised invasion involving train timetables and whatnot!

I did a short preparatory raid for you in June. I have to tell you - those trains run dead on time, but sheesh they were hot - it was just at the start of the heatwave.

Have fun Razz
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 10:16 pm
Hi, A big hello from Alberta, apparently I'm the lone Westerner (aside from y'all out in B.C).
Not many here from the prairies I guess.
Thanks,
Ceili
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 02:16 pm
don't forget mckenzie - in the Peg!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 02:28 pm
Ceili, not 'quite' the lone Westerner....my progenitors all hailed from Alberta and Saskatchewan.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:36 pm
margo wrote:
Montana - Ges

Good to see you.
I'll mark you down as one of the potentially dangerous Canucks, shall I? Cool

Actually Margo, I'm really a pussycat that likes to talk big on occation ;-)
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2003 04:48 pm
Paul and Eileen, WELCOME to A2K, the world zoo. c.i.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 02:41 pm
That's cool, Cav.
I'm actually surprised at the lack of people from the prairies. Doesn't matter though I think the Canucks of all stripes here @ A2K are a great bunch and do our country proud.
Ceili.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:28 pm
you've gotta come in and talk some more, ceili!
you've always got interesting things to talk/think about.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:02 pm
Canadians have always frightened me. There's something about them that causes me to check my wallet when I pass one on the street. And why do they insist on wearing those black and red checked jackets? And those Elmer Fudd hats?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:07 pm
why thanks ehBeth.

I love reading what others have to say. I'm not as witty or as learned as most of you. I'm wee bit shy but becoming more sociable everyday. Ta
Ceili
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:08 pm
Not as witty or leaned? pffffhht (did I do that right beth?).

Celi, I for one, want to see more of you. Twisted Evil
0 Replies