Are there many Canadians here at A2K?

Ceili

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:09 pm
Gustav, buddy your discriminating against a specific group of canuck, lovingly called the hoser, eh. I watch my by back if I were you, there known to jump out and shirt the non-suspecting.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:12 pm
That was very good, craven. I think yer startin' to get the canajun attitude :wink:

Ceili - just think of the buffalo - you got a great conversation going there. The tag line I use at A2K is something I found while I was doing more research about buffalo and bison. I've definitely learned things from interacting with you.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:13 pm
Thanks for the warning, Ceili. I will tread carefully.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:14 pm
Ceili is both witty and wise, and her avatar is still hot, as I remember saying a long time ago. Wink

As for gustav, we wear those outfits so we are not clearly recognizable. It's all part of "Project: Reverse Manifest Destiny." Uh oh, just spilled the beans. Excuse me while I swallow some cyanide...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:14 pm
ok, eh, how canajun is this, eh - i've never really noticed, eh, but there is a group of people at work, who, when they are talking to me, really say: eh, beth.

It cracked me up when i noticed, eh. I think the years in Tranna have made me sort of deaf to the 'eh'.

edited to remove a bit of excess regionalism
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:17 pm
A big part of being Canajun is realizing we are the only sane folk out there.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:18 pm
yeah, we're not beige, we're sane!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:49 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Thanks for the warning, Ceili. I will tread carefully.

Walk softly Gus ;-)
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:36 pm
cavfancier wrote:
A big part of being Canajun is realizing we are the only sane folk out there.

Best laugh in months, no, probably years! Razz
Then eh-Beth...ie, chimed in:
Quote:
yeah, we're not beige, we're sane!

Thanks you Canuck people - laughter is very good for the soul, and all those endorphins released make me feel better for days! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 08:56 pm
SARS! WARNING TO ALL CANADIANS WASH YOUR HANDS! Twisted Evil I like canadians but why do they think their always right?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:27 pm
THe ReDHoRN wrote:
SARS! WARNING TO ALL CANADIANS WASH YOUR HANDS! Twisted Evil I like canadians but why do they think their always right?

We don't always think we're right! What makes you think that?
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:34 pm
I know Bogogowogie, and Mr. Cav and 25 other canadians and what I think they think seems to be what I think they think. Therefore knowing what they think I can safely conclude what they think and what I think Is was I know But not all canadians think what i am thinking so therefore the vast majority of people who share the same kind of thinking are what is concluded in my thinking and therefore what I think i write..uh...yeah...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 09:39 pm
hmmm....
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 11:04 pm
Canada is simple. Canada is normal. Just upside down. We pack ourselves along the sacred 49th, and then push really hard to keep it distant. Or, think of a bell curve that's fat at the rims but kind of vacant in the middle.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 06:36 am
Blatham, it's quite apparent from your avatar that you are from Canada, as it is equally obvious from mine that I reside in Australia.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 06:40 am
Methinks margo may be descended from criminals... Razz Mind you, our own hellspawn Gowan (first name Larry, heh heh) did unleash 'Criminal Mind' on the world, from which we may never recover....
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:06 am
gus

Hilarious! Some years ago, I hung out with a group of Austalian nannies who were working here in Vancouver. A fun crowd indeed, and much prettier than your mother in law's photo above. One warm summer evening, they held a backyard costume party (lots of saucy games were on the agenda). I chose to arrive as an Hassidic lifeguard - yarmulke, tassels, little tshirt with red cross and speedo. A local jewish fellow thought my costume inappropriate. The Australian girls thought it quite fine.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 09:12 am
Australian girls love "payes", it's a well-known fact. Those and beards.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 11:48 am
Awww, you're all so nice.

Canadians are almost always right because we study the facts and can prove our side of any point of view, as our illustrious prime minister recently stated...
"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven."
- Prime Minister Jean Chrétien says he'll need evidence that Iraq is a threat to the world before Canada backs a U.S.-led attack.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2003 01:31 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Blatham, it's quite apparent from your avatar that you are from Canada, as it is equally obvious from mine that I reside in Australia.

Wow, Gus lives in Oz. I didn't know that! Quel excitement! <swoon>

This is such a dry continent, with so few swamps. Who knew? Razz
0 Replies