ossobuco

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:53 pm
@Ragman,
Fingers in double knots..
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 11:31 pm
@Ragman,
The worst thing about my recent colonoscopy was that the cab drive there cost 50 bucks. Fortunately a friend picked me up and this time I didn't have amnesia from the anesthesia. Good luck Ragman. My kid brother had chronic lymphoma for years, but died from something else, a form of acute. leukemia. We are a fragile species born to die of something.
Ragman

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 05:34 am
@JLNobody,
$50 is a hell of a cab ride.

The deceptive thing about these health matters is that, until age 51, I hadn't been in a hospital to be treated for anything since my teens (jogger, cyclist etc.).

Then at, age 51, cardiomyopathy raised its ugly head (implanted defib-pacemaker). Now I'm a walking ad for medical science. On my chest on the left is the bulge of the defib/maker and on the other side is a medi-port 'button' that allows Onco-Hemo nurses to give chemo freely and not collapse my veins. Still when I go to the pool for sun and splash, I don't hide my 'trophy chest'.

I'm not kvetching, though. I've had almost no cancer-sufferer symptoms in 9 months. Eye dryness, and some skin probs on my shins...occasionally swelling ankles after chemo for a few days.

Unluckily for me, I just got over a bout of shingles (shoulder, arm, wrist/ hand). The skin blisters were hidden and disappeared after a month. now I still have a nerve pain that is almost gone. Getting shingles was due to the weakened immune system and chicken pox as a child.

Sorry...returning thread to Roberta's events. Hugs to all.
Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 11:56 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I'm not kvetching, though.

Sorry...returning thread to Roberta's events. Hugs to all.

Ragman, Are you suggesting that there's something wrong with kvetching? Huh? Are you? On one of my threads? In fact this is the thread that got me the title the Queen of Kvetch.

Speaking of kvetching, I had the test. No kvetch. I go outside to get my Access-a-Ride ride and the street is blocked off. Helicopters are circling overhead. The scan place is a block from the U.N.

Round trip cab fare. Insert dirty words.
Ragman

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 04:15 pm
@Roberta,

To kvetch there's catch ' cause its a stretch.

I'm shaking my head 'cause that just sucks...badly! I'd hate to live in DC nr the WH or near the UN and try to get around.

Glad you were able to get your test done. I hope results look good.

BTW, my PET scan results came back. Looks good ... promising. Nothing new has developed...and I think it means we're progressing. More info coming with next Onco doc talk next week.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 08:02 pm
@Roberta,
...lurking and waiting...
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 08:17 pm
@Roberta,
edits while avoiding swearing..

I'll just tell you again how much I love that photo.
Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 11:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Lurk away, margo. I'll know something Wed.

osso, Swearing I can relate to. Are you referring to the dog photo? I love it too. I look at it a lot. It reminds me that it's possible for me to relax. I didn't get to see the dogs this week. So they went to the beach.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 11:59 pm
@Roberta,
Yes, the dogs and much else photo. It's by far my favorite for a long time. Makes me happy.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:26 pm
@Roberta,
Quote:
Speaking of kvetching, I had the test. No kvetch. I go outside to get my Access-a-Ride ride and the street is blocked off. Helicopters are circling overhead. The scan place is a block from the U.N.

Round trip cab fare. Insert dirty words.

Additionally you had the Sushi restaurant fire at 35th and 2nd (which might have added to the circling helicopters). Annoyed beyond words that Access-A-Ride was unable to fulfill their mission and caused you to use words I'd (supposedly) never use myself.

Just happy you got the test and I will join the others in the wait-for-results line as you await Wednesday.

(and don't you ever give up on kvetching, It's healthy for you!)
ossobuco

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:33 pm
@Sturgis,
More eye rolls due here, while murmuring "how can this be?how can this be?"
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes re the blocked off street.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 01:41 pm
@margo,
margo wrote:

...lurking and waiting...

lurking with Margo and someone else not to be identified

http://www.jrcompton.com/photos/The_Birds/J/LRGV-II/J105585-3-ladies-binocking.jpg
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 05:51 pm
I like lurking. Waiting, not so much. Patience is not one of my virtues.

I missed seeing the dogs yesterday. They do me good. I stare at the picture of us and feel a little better. I continue to be amazed and delighted at how they help me to relax. I look at the picture and see a very relaxed Roberta (my hands).
dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 05:55 pm
@Roberta,
Oh good grief!!! They staged a major crime just to annoy you!!! That's just wrong.

Waiting re PET results too. Fingers crossed.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 05:56 pm
@Roberta,
What picture? What dogs?
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2014 08:08 pm
@dlowan,

Happy faces, dog and human.

http://able2know.org/topic/135039-134#post-5726858
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 12:30 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Additionally you had the Sushi restaurant fire at 35th and 2nd (which might have added to the circling helicopters).

(and don't you ever give up on kvetching, It's healthy for you!)

Sturgis, I knew there was a fire. Just didn't know where or what. How? Sirens and fire engines. In fact, my cab followed in the path of one big fire truck. We got downtown in record time.

The blocked off street doesn't appear to have been related to the fire. The street was blocked from 42nd to 39th. The fire was south of there.

Don't worry. I'm not gonna stop kvetching. I'd be unrecognizable without giving an occasional good kvetch.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:25 am
How can they have a fire at a sushi restaurant? By their very nature they don't cook anything!
margo

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2014 01:26 am
@margo,
Except perhaps rice
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2014 12:16 pm
Back from Bellevue.

I have cancer--again!!!!!!!

The doctor thinks I'm genetically disposed to it.

I have to see a thoracic surgeon and get a breathing test. They can't remove a part of my lung if it will prevent me from breathing.

Not thinking clearly at the moment.

Thanks for all the hopes, crossed fingers, etc.

I sigh, but I'm also really pissed off. My body is my enemy. My genes are out to get me.

I would tell my body and my genes to **** off, but it's my body and they're my genes, so they'd probably come back with something equally snappy and X rated.